Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Park City....Snowflower Condo's and info.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I'm just planning next years main ski trip and am looking for some info. A group of 4 adults looking to ski most of the main Utah resorts . Plan A is to spend 14 nights in Park City, i like the look of the Snowflower Condos but they're not the cheapest ! and its seems that only Ski Independence have them in their brochure. Has anyone stayed here? are they worth the extra? We like the idea of their ski-ski out location on PC days and access to the 3 Kings chair to avoid the town's main chair first thing.Or has anyone got any recommendations of similar condo's that don't involve much ski humping around town rolling eyes
We seem to have agreed on this due to the fact that the other idea was 10 nights in PC and 4 nights in either Alta or Snowbird, i voted for an Alta lodge and my mate wanted The Cliff, hence the compromise ot sorts.
Obviously i've read some of the previous Utah posts, but any futher info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Embarassed oh yes, nearly forgot, when to go ? At the moment we think 3 rd week in Jan , but is the Sundance Film Festival a hassle or a plus Puzzled . Could the 1st week in Feb be better?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
excitableboy, I would guess the Film festival will push up prices but could be fun. We would do all Park City next time as the drive wasn't that much worse than from SLC and the nightlife was significantly better. Than anywhere else.

Ski in Solitude. I reckon it might even be better than Alta on a big powder day. It will certainly by quieter. Creekside does a nice lunch.

Do the Interconnect back country tour. We didn't, long story, wish we had.

Eat at "Chimayo". Quite amazing food - not cheap but well worth it.

If you must ski Deer Valley...lunch at the River Street Cafe (in the posh bit). The only civilised on mountain dining we had all week. In Alta, we reckoned the best eating was at the foot of "Supreme".

Don't eat at the River Horse Diner. Good food but pretentious and very, very expensive. Virtually no non-American wines on the list. I generally reckon that's a bad indicator.

You'll note that a civilised eating experience is required by my party. FWIW, we're all competent recreational skiers and have many off piste feet under our belts - so it's not just lardy lunches that get Utah the points. We will go back (although Montana and Jackson Hole are also in the queue).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
excitableboy,

Don't know anything about the condo you mention, so no help there. A couple of thoughts on Utah skiing (keep in mind I'm an intermediate who's only done one trip there. I think if you don't go to the Cottonwoods canyons resorts (Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton) you're cheating yourself. We did a day at Deer Valley, great food, then a day at The Canyons, which is sort of a clumsy layout but we thought the scenery was better and liked skiing there more than Deer Valley. Then we drove over to Alta (45 minutes to 1 hour from Park City). The scenery was much better and it was simply the best day of skiing I've ever had. When we go back we'll definately spend more of our time at Alta than in the Park City area resorts. I hear nothing but good things about Solititude and Snowbasin, so those would be on my short list for my next visit as well. There are companies that will transport you from Park City to the Cottonwood Canyons resorts, it's not wildly expensive. This is not to say the Park City skiing resorts are bad, it's simply that they aren't the best that Utah has to offer, IMO. By reputation, Park City is very packed during the Sundance Film Festival, but the slopes are reputed to be quite empty. Lots of folks in town, but they're mostly not skiing. The Wasatch Brew Pub has excellent beer and decent food at decent prices. The No Name Saloon has the best burgers (Buffalo burgers, actually) I've ever eaten, and prices are very modest. I think the Food at Deer Valley is very good, we had lunch at the Silver Lake Lodge one day and it was spectacular. We did eat at Chimayo, and we thought the presentation was fantastic but we didn't think the quality was worth the price -- perhaps we ordered the wrong dinners or caught them on a bad night.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RISkier, re Chimayo? You live in the US so maybe you get better selection of Southwestern fine cuisine than we do here? Or maybe we got a "good" night and made the "right" selections. One of our party consistently chose the "wrong" dishes every single night. His impression of Utah dining was rather different to the rest of us he he he...

We didn't get to Snowbasin but heard good things about it. Our potential preference of Solitide over Alta on a snow day was that Solitude wasn't skied out two days after our mini-storm whereas Alta was skied out about lunchtime.

The trees in Solitude are sneakier though...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch,

Solitude doesn't get much press and we didn't get over there but folks who've skied there sure seem to like it. Many like it more than Alta. It's reputed to almost always have small crowds. Definately a place I'd like to visit on our next trip. Snowbasin is a bit lower and probably doesn't get the snow that the Cottonwood Canyon resorts get, but it gets rave reviews. I'd be willing to give Chimayo another try. We thought the food was good. Maybe we expected too much based the presentation but just didn't think it was worth the money.

excitableboy, you might want to visit www.epicski.com. There's lots of information on Utah skiing if you use the search function. There are discussions of local attractions as well as the skiing. And lots of folks who have much more knowledge of the areas than I can offer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy