Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Val Thorens from the 02/04/06 to the 07/04/06 (4 days skiing). Just got a few questions if anyone knows the answers thanks in advance. Is it worth getting the pass for the whole of the three valleys or not as would the lower parts of Meribel even be open. How easy is it to get from Val Thorens to the far side at courchevel, time wise for a good skier (intermediate/advanced). Or is there quite simply enough to do in Val Thorens for a week? Finally, is it worth booking the car park in advance or is there easily enough spaces? Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just come back from courchevel. I think with a fair wind and not getting stuck in mottaret bubble (is it easter then - if so, use the single skier column) you'd be in courchevel or at top of la saluire in 1 hr 15 mins with some reasonable skiing en route. I think you'd be unlucky not to be able to get through meribel given the current base. There is loads of skiing around VT and Les Menuires especially if only 4 days skiing. Fantastic blank off the Cimee Caron (probably spelt wrong). can't help with car parking
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Unless you have been several times before and are bored with the Belleville valley (St Martin, Les Menuires, Val T) don't bother getting a full 3V pass. There is more than enough in that valley to keep you going for a week or two, let alone four days!

I can't help you on the parking either. Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AN02ZEJ, I would get the 3Vs pass as it gives you the flexibility to go where you want, when you want. For example, IMHO the best route from VT to St Martin (both on the Belleville Valley pass) is via. Mottaret and Meribel, which requires a 3V pass. Financially, it will pay to get the 3Vs pass if you expect to venture out of the local area on more than one day.

To get to the far side of the 3Vs, i.e. Courchevel 1650, is easily achievable if you pick the right route. I went there with a fairly unfit but good skier friend a few weeks ago and timed the journey to 1650 at 1 hour and 6 minutes including some queueing in a busy week, although we were skiing fairly fast. Getting back takes a bit longer.

It's generally worth booking the car park you want in advance as they do get full; unfortunately I think you are too late for the 'early booking' discount.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy