Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What skiing expectations should I have? - Courchevel 26/3 to 31/3

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just about to book for Courchevel due to tempting prices and good snowbase but I've never been anywhere later than the third week in Feb before. My wife is keen as it should be warmer but I'm concerned I will be disappointed with "spring skiing" because it will be wet and slushy.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect, given their own past/recent experiences coupled with the current snow conditions and weather forecast ?

fyi, I will/should be in 1650 (just about to book)

TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pokemon, It depends on the temperature each day. Simple as that.
If its very hot then every thing could be slushy.
If its cool then conditions could be perfect
On average i would expect soft snow from below the top of the Arondiaz bubble in 1650.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Conditions were great there last week ( just back on Saturday). I think more snow forecast this week. Look on Webcam today.

Would have thought you would be ok skiing there in a week's time. There'll be enough snow. If it gets too hot you can always get over to VT to get higher. Personally I would be very surprised if you have a problem and most resorts will have Spring conditions now if weather gets warmer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pics from mid april last year are here

soft snow is great fun!

http://gregh.co.uk/albums/latania2005/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there's heaps of snow, and spring sk-ing is excellent. Only problem is likely to be precipitation - rain's just the pits in a ski resort and current snow-forecast.com prediction is for rain to 2750m on Sunday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The GFS forcast is for warmer than average temperatures for 24th-30th March, then back to average temperatures for this time of year from the 30th onwards.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its slushy at La Tania at the moment, and was raining today. Snow up at 1850+, but its a bit too warm for there to be any great benefit.

It has been colder today, but wish it would stay that way. Although if you pick your runs carefully there is still great snow. Suisse yesterday was awesome, and Creux today was amazing, even carried on skiing it in white out conditions as it was that good on the piste so as not to throw up too many surprises!

Have a nice trip

ScottyDog
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pokemon, if you're lucky enough to find some spring snow you'll experience one of the best, if not the best skiing sensations, even better than powder.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like I should be going then...didn't home in time to book, so fingers crossed there's still availability when I phone tomorrow otherwise I'll be paying more than I want Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've booked. Can't believe what a bargain I got. £231 pp 4* HB Chalet inc flights and transfers

Thanks for all the comments.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy