Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warming up??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

It's very wet stuff though

true, but very slippery. Narrowly escape having to put snowchains on top of four new winter tyres today, just to go to the launderette! Then in Decathlon in Albertville this afternoon it was all tents and swimsuits; a very schizophrenic sort of a day. But the rain is turning to sleep/snow again at 1500m tonight.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w wrote:

true, but very slippery. Narrowly escape having to put snowchains on top of four new winter tyres today, just to go to the launderette! Then in Decathlon in Albertville this afternoon it was all tents and swimsuits; a very schizophrenic sort of a day. But the rain is turning to sleep/snow again at 1500m tonight.

My sleep usually turns to snow - driving through Albertville tomorrow so hope the sleep is not too deep or I will miss the chunnel crossing I have booked Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glad I opted not to go skiing today! Reports from Les Arcs that the snow is sticky, slushy, slides all over, right up to 3000m plus....

But temperatures are expected to creep back down by mid-week....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 20-08-06 12:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are expecting 18-20 Deg C here today. Only two weeks ago daily commuters were stuck in bad snow conditions. There's still snow (very wet / slushy) in the garden but that should be gone soon.

The mountain bikes, and treking bikes are ready to go. It's that difficult time of the year when one is torn between ski touring and mountain biking.

Kaprun is expecting a lot of snow in the next couple of days though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 26-08-06 15:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Avoriaz slushy all over yesterday but lovely and sunny did make for a fine lazy lunch! Not a great deal of skiing done at the weekend as rain up to 1,800m (or higher) on Saturday. Not appealing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise wrote:
.... then I took about 10 minutes trying to work out what to wear, judging by other people I wasn't the only one as clothes varied from shorts to winter gear.

Black cycling shorts are in again this year. wink I find cycling shorts with light overtrousers work so you can always take the overtrousers off when it gets warm.

Some very bright & light feminate colours seem to be in fashion too this year. Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't throw away the cold stuff just yet... cold temps and snow coming back in a week or so...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carled, snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy