Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warming up??

Poster: A snowHead
freezing levels seem to be heading towards 3000m this Sunday from looking at snow-forecast.

Guess spring finally is on it's way! Just a shame they are forecasting rain as well below 2800m by Sunday Sad

regards,

greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chamonix meteo suggests colder from saturday...rain/snow limit @ 1400m
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
9degreestoday in 1800, my panda eyes are getting even better!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still minus temps in La Rosiere, very dull and cloudy though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

chamonix meteo suggests colder from saturday...rain/snow limit @ 1400m

Yes, but they also give a low reliability for this forecast, and there seems to be a bit of precipitation around in the meantime which will fall as rain for many of us. It was very springlike at the top of the Tignes glacier today, really balmy. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As far as I can see the temp's going up and down like a yo-yo at the moment.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, very dangerous.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Heaviest snow of the year so far this morning in Newcastle - keep the faith !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul Mason, snowing here too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, could you define the danger please? Are there increased risks when Spring sets in?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can smell the Daffodills and the grease for my bike. Little Angel
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's certainly not Spring like in Dublin, just had a hail stone shower.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would have thought the freeze/thaw cycle stabilises the snowpack in the medium long term...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Council have snowploughs sat by the sides of roads this morning. That should keep the snow away.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, You'll soon be nothing more than a couple of buttons and a carrot. wink
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What about my large marrow?
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What about my large marrow?

Probably wilted by the frost Toofy Grin
ski holidays
having only being skiing twice, both times with excellent snow, what can I expect next week in St Antton if the warm weather arrives? Puzzled
snow report
davejsy, a fellow bean ??
ski holidays
davejsy, Mornings will be hard and frozen snow where it has slushed up ( soup or porridge ) the previous afternoon. Nothing to worry about especially if the piste bashers have been on it.

The afternoon slush is okay unless you are snow ploughing or still doing stem turns, then I would say you will find it hard work.

I'll state the bl00dy obvious and say stay high for better snow conditions.
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
davejsy, a fellow bean ??

a bean indeed, although a bit of an import!
snow report
davejsy, lol.

I hope the weather holds out for you in St Anton but remember to aim for the higher slopes for that time of year !
ski holidays
micksup wrote:
PG, could you define the danger please? Are there increased risks when Spring sets in?
Any big swings in temperature can destabilise the snowpack. I was skiing with easiski up at Tignes early May, and you could almost watch the snow transform between first thing in the morning, and early/mid afternoon when the warm sun got to work. We saw the consequences of two separate slides that day (involving people, one badly hurt) and watched one boarder traversing alongside the Leisse black up on the glacier - no sooner had we said that he was taking a bit of a risk, he dislodged a big slab (but fortunately managed to stay above it).
snow report
Very Happy The good news.... overnight snow down to 1600m or so in the Savoie. Quite heavy dumps of fresh spring snow in some places Very Happy

Confused The not quite so good news... the snowline in the Savoie tomorrow is creeping up. Confused Heavy precipitation forecast, snow above 1700m/1800m Smile

Crying or Very sad The bad news... after a pleasant Saturday, on Sunday we are in for more heavy falls of rain to much higher altitude. The snowline is expected to lie between 2600m and 2700m in the Savoie Crying or Very sad

Monday to Wednesday? Temperatures some 5° above seasonal norms expected, little precipitation.
snow report
PG wrote:

Crying or Very sad The bad news... after a pleasant Saturday, on Sunday we are in for more heavy falls of rain to much higher altitude. The snowline is expected to lie between 2600m and 2700m in the Savoie Crying or Very sad

T - 2 and that is not what I wanted to hear ( read ) Sad

Sounds like we are going to have a pretty miserable day 1, can only hope that the actual temperature is lower than forecast.
snow conditions
CP, just head for altitude, it should be ok higher up. I'm just hoping the precipitation when it is really warm isn't too heavy.
latest report
PG, Can't agree more, we had horrible conditions in Tignes over Christmas now it looks like we are going to get a less than good week ( well the start anyway ) in spring. Still its better than being in the office or at home at the moment.

May see you up there next week, SP and I have snowHead stickers on the back of our helmets, I will put some on the 'brolly' as well Sad
snow conditions
Long range stuff showing cooler (significantly) from end of next week onwards... can only hope so!

Temps of 2 to 4 degrees below seasonal norm are commonplace for the week after next. Here's hoping there's a bit of precipitation around that week too to top up the inevitable losses caused by the heavy rain forecast for most areas next week.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2nd that carled!! snow-forecast has freezing levels on the way down tues night next week.....
ski holidays
Quote:

Long range stuff showing cooler (significantly) from end of next week onwards... can only hope so

yes, early April is going to be fantastic - remember, you read it here first...
ski holidays
pam w, I do hope so, my friend in Serre Che sent me a text yesterday-all it said was -off skiing, the snow is wild!!!
snow conditions
forecast for St Anton next week now showing Monday/Tuesday as being the warmest, but only just above freezing, light snow and possibly heavy Tuesday night Little Angel Lets hope its not going to turn out as warm as forecast!
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_7days.asp?locationID=1265
latest report
Helen Beaumont, I'm relying on you!

Remember, "It always snows just before I go to Serre Che?" There'll be trouble if we arrive out there and it hasn't, you know... of course, if it has you may well be in for a Vin Chaud or two when I venture over to Monetier... snowHead
ski holidays
Soooooo bizarre - yesterday practically burning from the sun on the terrace at La Grave at 17.00 and this morning snowing buckets!! Still relatively warm though (just about 2 deg on my balcony). If it's nice tomorrow I might have to go skiing on my day off!!! Shocked
latest report
davejsy, are you going package or DIY from Jersey
snow conditions
Quote:

If it's nice tomorrow I might have to go skiing on my day off!!!

There's a sign of a true enthusiast, at this stage of the season! It was forecast to rain here today to 2000 metres but it's actually snowing, albeit very wetly, at 1500m. Not bad.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

If it's nice tomorrow I might have to go skiing on my day off!!!

There's a sign of a true enthusiast, at this stage of the season! It was forecast to rain here today to 2000 metres but it's actually snowing, albeit very wetly, at 1500m. Not bad.

It is snowing at 1200m in Crest Voland too.
snow report
It's very wet stuff though. I've just collected a bunch of very damp skiers from the funicular after a morning on the slopes between 1600m and 1900m.
snow report
Chris Brookes, booked it through igluski, its with ski val i think. Includes flights from Gatwick, and then transfers. Got it quite cheap (about 1/2 price I reckon), guess its not very busy before Easter, hopefully!!
Last year we went down on the ski train, via St Malo and Paris. Looked at doing that again this year, but the ferries to St Malo are a joke. How do you normally get down?
snow report
davejsy, We normally do one driving holiday as we take our dogs with us and one flying holiday. This year we haven't been due to having our first child. When we drive we go via St Malo but im glad we didnt this year as the ferries are a joke (as you said). When we fly we go via gatwick but book it DIY style and not through any agent. Well done for getting it half price thou wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy