Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board Advice; 2nd hand one

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've just seen a 2nd hand Burton Troop (2003) board for sale for 150 quid including bindings.

Thing is, I'm not sure what to look for; how do I know it's the right sized board for me, how do I know if the bindings are any good, and is the Troop a good board!!!

Can anybody help out?

Thanks in advance
Jo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jo. Not much of a response so far. Methinks the snowboarders have got beaches and barbies on their minds.....

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

General advice is to pick a board that comes between your chin and your nose. There is a pretty good board selector on www.snowboard-asylum.co.uk

There is also one on Burton's site (and a product description) http://www.burton.com/gear/products.asp?productID=43

With all the late season deals on new boards in the shops and ebay, you should be able to get a new board and bindings for close to £150. I got my Palmer Honeycircle off ebay in April last year for 70% off RRP
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hey guys?
A friend of mine is riding woth ORION SNOWBOARD scince 5 years and said that this board is perfect and its price is very good in comparison with the quantity it offers. Do you know something about the trade mark ORION. Their web site is www.orionski.com.
Please if somobody can tell me more about ORION give your opinion. 10x
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hear they ride like spam.

You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Wife: I don't like spam!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snower4o, From the looks of things they're pretty rubbish

dreamer, you need to give more info, height, weight, foot size, how much riding have you done? how much will you do?

Just realised the original post is quite old, that in combination with the other one being spam makes this quite a pointless post. What can I say, it's a habit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LOL well I didn't buy the board, as I read some reviews and found that if you have Size 8 girlie feet (like I do), some people found their tippy toes poked over the edges!

So in answer to your questions...

Height - about 5ft 8
Weight - eek - well errrrrrr lets say about 74kg
Foot size - 8 (42EU)
Riding - not much - spent 2 weeks in NZ a few years ago, and a couple of excursions to the Snowdome. I can link turns (although rusty). Don't want a board that I grow out of too quick though... planning on a holiday next season.

Any thoughts welcome Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi dreamer, with them size feet i'd go for a ride vista, i say this as a freind has them size feet and this board and loves it!

she also has only about 3 weeks under her belt.

i ride a sapient solstcie which is an awesome board i would thoroughly recomend to anyone wanting a fast but freindlly board
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also worth noting Jo - that if you're getting a second-hand deal for board and bindings you'd need to know if the bindings fit your foot/boot and if they are good otherwise it sounds great but isn't... if ya know what I mean...

You could probably pick up a cracking deal this time of year on a new board??

X
Mwah!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Honda Kitty wrote:
You could probably pick up a cracking deal this time of year on a new board??

Too right. Any Hampshire Snowheads might want to pop into Legends in the Marlands if they are after new board gear. I bought myself a new pair of boots and a new board both at 50% off. I would also have bought a new jacket as well which was 100 down from 249, but they only had S and L left and I'm a medium. Sad

Still £270 for gear that cost £540 earlier in the season was pretty good. Got to economise when you've got a 5 1/2 month old baby you know. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i have no idea how much 150 quid amounts to in dollars but i just bought a whole new setup (board, binding, boots) of last seasons merchandise 05-06 for 40% off. so i would expect that you would pay a LOT less for second hand 2003 merchandise.

the general rule of thumb is to look for a board that comes between your chin and your nose but it really depends on your weight. i'm 5'5" but opted for a 146 (slightly below my chin) b/c i am very light. anything bigger than that, i think i would have a hard time maneuvering.

also, i wear a size 8 too and i've always been told that your feet are supposed to hang off the board by at least 1/2 an inch or something.

hope that helps some!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat, Oh so true, do we really come off as being that thick?! Good to see you out and about again Cool

[Edit. I've just checked the date there, here's hoping for the return of Foxy then rolling eyes ]
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
saxabar wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, Oh so true, do we really come off as being that thick?! Good to see you out and about again Cool

[Edit. I've just checked the date there, here's hoping for the return of Foxy then rolling eyes ]

There's plenty of his psychotic babblings on natives if you miss him that much.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy