Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know where to get Salomon snoblades 99.9 with c609 bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I've just tried blades for the first time and had a ball and a great time practicing technique! BUT it seems the world has sold out of the Salomon 99.9 with the releasable bindings. Does ANYONE know of a shop/place that has a pair with or without the relaeasable bindings as I might be able to get the releasable bindings and swap them over? If not, I'll even consider a used pair if anyone wants shot of them. Toofy Grin

Also, has anyone tested the new 120cm blades that Salomon are bringing out next season - they sound interesting!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi snowtiger

Can't help with who has blades with bindings (we sold out in Feb and were unable to get further stock) but thought you might want to know the following.

Salomon did produce a backward compatible upgrade for the non release version of the 99.9. The upgrade had to be pre - ordered for delivery last October and no upgrades were available in season (I don't recall seeing them in next seasons dealer workbook thinking about it). From what I understand only a few shops took this upgrade. A standard release binding can not be used as there are not enough guts or depth in a blade to stop the screws pulling out.

The 99.9 is the only blade around next year. The 120's were not on test but I understand they are similar to Atomic's 120 ski of a few years ago and the 150 cm Axe Cleaver of the late 90's. These skis were very fast (scary given their length), turned on a six pence, but still pants off piste!

Hope this has helped a little.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh axecleavers,............fun............ had a pair of them once. Hypercarvers, i would not compare them to any sort of snowblade long version or not. They had a hangl plate which made them a bit expensive, so the stand height was really high. Because of the plate the whole ski flexed underneath, you could use them over the whole mountain, (not off piste), but on smooth groomed run they were amazing you could get fanatastic edge angles on them. Made a weird noise on very hard pack stuff, and this increased as they got older. Only seem to last about 40 to 50 days and went soft, i assume the foam core fell apart. Still appear on e-bay from time to time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
narrowlast wrote:
Hi snowtiger

Can't help with who has blades with bindings (we sold out in Feb and were unable to get further stock) but thought you might want to know the following.

Salomon did produce a backward compatible upgrade for the non release version of the 99.9. The upgrade had to be pre - ordered for delivery last October and no upgrades were available in season (I don't recall seeing them in next seasons dealer workbook thinking about it). From what I understand only a few shops took this upgrade. A standard release binding can not be used as there are not enough guts or depth in a blade to stop the screws pulling out.

The 99.9 is the only blade around next year. The 120's were not on test but I understand they are similar to Atomic's 120 ski of a few years ago and the 150 cm Axe Cleaver of the late 90's. These skis were very fast (scary given their length), turned on a six pence, but still pants off piste!

Hope this has helped a little.

Thanks - that's very helpful. Landau Sports are still adamant that Salomon have 120cm length availble Sept time. Are they just behind the news? They also say the colouring of the new 99.9 is similar to this seasons - not that I care much, just interested to judge how much they really know.

Many, many thanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowtiger,
Try www.beansonline.co.uk They seem to be showing them
snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8805748825&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Happy bidding!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy