Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am hopefully going to get a last minute deal for the last week of march. Very Happy But I have suddenly started to worry about the french school holidays. When are they likely to be?

If they are on then are there certain resorts better than others to avoid?

TIA
Will
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
justapurrin, last week in March completely clear of any holidays, first French Easter breaks are not until 8th April. Where are you lookinhg for we have space for the week commenbcing 26th March at discounted rates, see our ad in snowShops or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com for details.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that information. I was starting to think of long waits at lifts Mad . I will have alook at your site as well.

Thanks again
snowHead Will
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As a rule to avoid crowd don't ski between 2nd week of Feb to 2nd week of Mar in France. If you have kids and that is the time you must travel then go to Austrian resorts instead, unless you enjoy the company in queuing for the chairlifts, the challenge of picking your way through a large number of skiers in the slopes and sniffing the rich gasoline/diesel fume at the traffic jam at change-over days.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Should anyone be interested, the French school holiday calendar can be found here

You will find three different sets of dates, as the French school holidays are split by region (giving a longer period to avoid rolling eyes )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Patch, Excellent link thank you.

Could I suggest that a Moderator puts the link and/or post in the TRips and travel resources section?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, good idea, I've added it to the relevant thread, along with another link to the MeteoFrance Mountain Weather page
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So now its a sticky Patch, snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To avoid school holiday hell, pick a resort/area that's mainly used by locals and avoid their school holidays. During the winter, our area can only be reached from the south of France so is only busy during the Nice/Marseille holidays. During the Paris school holidays there were no lift queues and the pistes were practically empty which I doubt was the case in many resorts.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is a really easy to read chart here:

http://mysnowsports.com/Content/pid=30.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Patch,

We have availability from Sunday 26th March at Puy Saint Vincent (apartment right on the pistes) or from Friday 24th March for a larger apartment int he Valley (5mins to Puy,15mins to Serre Chevalier). Take a look here for more details http://www.alpsun.com/apartments_en.htm . We don't have a Saturday to Saturday policy so you can arrive and leave when you want.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy