Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No Going Back

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did anybody else see this programme last night couple were buying 3 apartments in Cauterets in South West France. I have never heard of it has anybody been? Their original business plan was to offer ski holidays from there house inPoullion the only problem was that it took over 2 hours to get to the slopes and they were surprised that they had no bookings!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes I saw that! Did you see at the end of the programme they'd already started to market and take bookings for the larger apartment, when they didn't even have a mortgage arranged on it yet, never mind bought it! Shocked And he's a Financial Director or somesuch. But hope it goes well for them.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 17-03-06 13:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevinrhead, Don't think I will be investing in their business! Had a look at Cauterets, looks quite nice apart from being pretty limited & it also appears that you can't ski back down to town. My first question would be who are they going to market the apartments to? They seem to be targeting British but as far as I can see there are very few UK flights to area. Perhaps they could apply for a place on the next series of the Apprentice Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevinrhead, I saw this programme, and it filled me with amazement. This couple are making things up as they go along, are offering winter holidays in properties that they do not own or rent, and are well over their heads in debt. Whilst admiring their self belief, I am running in the direction of ABTA bonded operators. More next week. BTW, been aware of Cauterets for about 20 years Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went there hundreds of years ago on the very first non-school ski trip I ever went on. (We actually booked La Mongie but got moved at the last minute.)

The town was lovely, but access to the slopes was via one big cable car to the top of the hill, and as it was Easter holidays there were huge queues morning and afternoon. We stayed in a midget apartment allegedly for six people but without enough hot water for more than three. The rep was completely rubbish, and my then boyfriend amused himself by boring her witless for two hours in a bar one night. Hilarious!

We complained about various shortcomings of the accommodation and service and got refunded a tenner each, which we probably spent on cider and Chinese takeaway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy