Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - Peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be here for a week from 25th March in a 2* hotel, Vallon Fleuri, booked with Rocketski

Any information people can provide would be welcome.

I have skied La Plagne before, but never Les Arcs. I believe snow is good at the moment. I assume it will be a fairly quiet spot close to the La Plagne link. I am not intending to ski La Plagne at the moment though - unless somebody gives me a good reason to do so. I reckon Les Arcs will keep me occupied without incurring the extra expense.

My hand was forced a bit. I had said I would probably be going skiing at work. Now, I have a new piece of work in the pipeline. So I wanted to get a week booked before I spoke to the other party.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in Plan Peisey in Feb 2005 and went to La Plagne. They are both pretty different. I liked the Vallandry area where Peisey is because of all the wide tree lined runs (blue I think). Even in Feb it was fairly quiet but I think they have built a Club Med hotel in Vallandry now.

We skied Les Arcs quite a bit. It's worth going down to 1950 to see the Intrawest "Euro Disney" resort as you can ski through the main street. We had lunch there one day and it was pretty good and not too expensive.

From memory a one day extension to La Plagne would be cheaper overall than a full 6 day Paradiski pass but 2 days or more and it becomes more expensive. I like La Plagne a lot as well.

Hope this helps
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Latchigo, The full area pass includes La Plagne and the price difference for a local pass is not that great. Though you'll be motoring to cover all the snow on the Arcs side . . . mind you, I'm happy spending 3 days bouncing off the bumps on Peisey's GS course on a board.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting what you both say about the La Plagne pass.

I thought not many folk in either resort took a full Paradiski pass, for whatever reason ?

One trip on the link, to say I have done it, would be all I want I think. I had also skied La Plagne when I was staying in Pralognan La Vanoise as the slopes at Pralognan are not very extensive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The following prices are for 6 days:
Les Arcs only: 186 Euro
Les Arcs plus one day in La Plagne: 205 Euros
Full Les Arcs and La Plagne pass: 229 Euros

Full list of prices here
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, Thanks for that. 205 Euros will do me then.

I also found out Equity run the hotel I will be in, though I booked with a different company (and on half board ). Equity are an all-inclusive outfit, usually aimed at the beginner / 1st year ski market.

Fom their site :-
'The walk-in lift is only 2/3mins from our hotel. This takes 5mins to Vallandry 1600 where there is some brilliant skiing and the dramatic new Vanoise Express to La Plagne. Beginners can return on the walk-in lift but confident intermediates can ski back on a quite hairy, unofficial and unpisted route to just behind the hotel. Built in 1829, the Vallon Fleuri is very much a part of the original stonebuilt village'.

I wonder what the 'unofficial route' means ? Is it code for rarely skiable due to lack of snow ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latchigo, If the snows good it's a sweet ride with lots of diversions through the trees and going by recent reports, a lack of snow is not going to be an issue . . . jealous, me? You better *&^#*N believe it! I drove 5 hours to Castleford and back without even getting the chance for a slide and that looks like this seasons trip Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, All work and no play as they say
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Latchigo -you will find that Vallon Fleuri is right in the centre of the old village of Peisey, about 150 metres from the Lozagne boxes which take you up into the system and direct to the cable car and Peisey 6 man chair. If you like a drink, the Bar Le Ski is next door & open from 4 p.m. onwards and the owners are very pleasant. By coincidence, we have been in the bar tonight and they're celebrating St Patrick's Day early, because there is a free concert in the hall next to the tourist office, with a genuine Irish folk group performing!
I'm sure you will love the village, which is really authentic, has lots of character and much more to offer than the modern Plan Peisey and Vallandry which are higher up the hillside. More to the point, there are numerous restaurants and shops in the village. You must try Madame Poccard's dairy shop only a few yards away - the best cheese in the area...
It only takes a few minutes to get into the main lift system. The off-piste run back down can be clearly seen from the 'lobster pots' above, so you can make up your own mind whether to try it. It's what I call a Fun Run, and certainly suitable for average intermediates.
The best value lift pass in my opinion is the Les Arcs one with an extension to La Plagne for any one day (as Rob notes above). Even if you have been to La Plagne before, there are some excellent pistes in the Montchavin circuit just across the cable car, and some very good restaurants also (highly recommend Plein Soleil, especially if you like Austrian food).
I mustn't ignore the Peisey skiing either, which has some excellent reds and good safe off piste through the trees. I think you'll enjoy the whole of les Arcs system. It is a far more interesting system than La Plagne, IMHO. Enjoy your trip!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fj,

Sounds good. I thought it would be just a place to lay my head with little available other than the hotel bar.

I do like proper villages. I prefer Le Praz 1300 to the rest of Courchevel, for example.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy