Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What Slalom skis for (not too serious) dry slope racing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need some suggestions for slalom skis - suitable for general race training and inter club race league type stuff, not serious competion.

I'm female (but have never done "girly" skis), have been racing at this sort of level since the mid 90's, BASI 3,
BUT have not done as much at that sort of level for the last 5 years or so owing to the arrival of Okanagan junior.

However I'm looking to get back into it now he's that bit older, and for once am in the position to buy some slalom
(type) skis rather than just recycling cast off ex snow (ie. all mountain) skis for use on the plastic.

Any ideas? And anyone know of any good end of season bargains - total budget not more than about £300 if possible?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
look for Fischer Race SC skis on ebay, a few companies sell last years model which should be well within your budget inc bindings set up and delivered, last I looked you could get them for around £220 all in.

I got a pair from ski-bilek for £220 and am very happy with them.

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okanagan, As gregh, says the Fischer Race SC would be very good - WC SC even better - not a really difficult ski to ski - heavy to carry but fab edge hold. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski wrote:
heavy to carry but fab edge hold

Not worried about the weight - my other skis are Metrons (aka Megatons!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Okanagan, Have a look at E-bay...also Terry at Bartlett's of Hillingdon has a few 'previously enjoyed' pairs. wink

This year I've got Head - for the last 2 years it was Rossi ... The edges won't last too long, and, as long as they are resonably new (say up to 3 years), you should find that most anything (that is a slalom ski) will do.

The children at my club have a variety of Fischer, Atomic, Salomon and Dynamic....the Dynamic seem to generate the biggest grins snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead Very Happy Dynamic Very Happy snowHead

Oh yes, you're right.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Okanagan, take a look at Bartlets, on the other hand i tried the dynamic slalom ski last week, next years sells at less than £400 inc bindings, what a ski for the money Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Okanagan, They are just as heavy if not a bit more!! Worth it though. Graphics changing next year I think so should be a good buy. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy