Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

size of board, bindings, etc...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just bought a new board which i bought for a strange reason, i bought it for the design on the back. It was designed by a graff artist i really like. Anyway i just had to have it. Not sure if it's a good idea to use it though as it is a wee bit smaller than the one i use for snowboarding. Does the size of the board matter?

sorry if these are stupid questions, i've just never paid much attention to equipment , usually i rented, and then i bought one but i just got a cheap one and it had bindings and boots included.

Since then i bought a pair of new boots , as the other ones were not comfy.

Now my board is pretty scraped up, should i wax it?

i've never really found out about things like different bindings, will a pair of expensive bindings make any real difference?

Im sorry for asking such stupid questions. Any advice appreciated. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
orangutan, Questions are rarely stupid . . . answers on the other hand . . . Madeye-Smiley

Looking after your board with dressed edges and wax is essential to keep it sliding well and you in control . . . once a trip/week is fine for good snow conditions. Really hard, icy and rocky then you may need another wax between.

Expensive bindings are essentially stiffer and stronger and adjust to enable you to finesse your skills (and not fall apart when you start putting real pressure into them).

A small board will be fine on piste and in the park, quick to turn and light under foot, but a compete pain in powder, as it will submarine into the snow and spit you into a headplant (helmet time).

Get your piste skills up to a good level then buy a larger board and better bindings IF YOU NEED THEM. Your height, weight and preferred terrain is the deciding factor in what you ride . . . how well you ride it is down to you and the lessons you take.

Big feet = wide board
Powder riding = longer board
Park = short board
Boarder-X = short, narrow, stiff board
Fun = anything you strap to your feet
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy