Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA cancel London City-Geneva route

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like BA is cancelling the London City-Geneva route from the end of April. Shame, as this was a good option for long weekend trips if you live/work in London. Swiss will continue that route, but I guess that their prices will rise if there is no other carrier operating that route Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Permanent or seasonal cancellation?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is really bad news Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

BTW How do you know this?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are you sure on this Rob, it looks like you can still book up for next winter on their website Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it is permanent, as they seem to have introduced a LCY-Milan (Malpensa), which I guess will use the aircraft they were using for GVA.

Freestyle, I've been trying to get prices for the LCY-GVA route, but couldn't get any via BA.com. Then I read on another forum that the route was being withdrawn (and that anyone with tickets already in the system was being transferred to LHR or LGW departures.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, that's weird. That route has now become available for next winter on BA's website; I've been trying to get prices in the last few weeks for next season's flights and no prices were being offered. Maybe it is a seasonal closure after all. That's not as bad as I feared, although a quick check of prices for next January shows a LCY-GVA return at just under £300 Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, that's expensive as you say. I notice that LHR =GVA for a w/e in Jan is coming out at about £117, so it would be worth that taxi fare.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This was posted on BA.com (including typos!). It doesn't mention anything about a seasonal route closure Puzzled

Quote:
Due to the forcoming withdrawl of the BA connect service between London City airport and Geneva, BA Connet have issues a policy for passengers booked in flights after 28 April 2006. Customers booked on these cancelled services will be automatically re-booked on services between London Gatwick and Geneva on the same departure date.

Customers who are in possession of a ticket purchased prior to 14 March 2006 who are booked to travel on the affected services and find the alternative unsuitable may:
?Re-book onto an alternative British Airways service from London Gatwick or Heathrow to Geneva for a new travel date within two weeks of the original flight. Re-booking must take place before the original date of travel.
?For re-booking made on or before Sunday 9 April: The customer must be re-booked into the same fare class and cabin as the original ticket, or where this is not available the lowest available class in the same cabin. The ticket validity may be extended if it has expired for a maximum of 3 months from the date of the original flight.
?For re-booking on or after Monday 10 April: The customer must be re-booked into the same fare class and cabin as the original ticket. The ticket validity may be extended if it has expired for a maximum of 3 months from the date of the original flight.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk,

Thanks for posting this rob, am gutted though...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Freestyle, Yeah, I'm not happy about it either Sad With the Docklands LR now connecting to LCY it was a very quick and easy way to get to Geneva from central London. If it is a permanent route closure it will give Swiss carte blanche to charge what they like...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I suppose it's revenge on Geneva for Sleezyjet cancelling the Zurich to Gatwich route
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A right pain. I'm due to commute over the summer and LCY was a good and cheap option.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy