Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Cup Finals in Aare

Poster: A snowHead
Downhill, not a bad performance by Finlay, though I bet he's disappointed. Bode seems refreshed, and where were the Austrians today? None on the podium in either the Men's or Women's downhills.

Paerson not giving up her overall crown lightly. Kostelic having pulled out of today's race, Anje confirmed her result in training to take victory.

A shame that Chemmy isn't there... just one reasonable Super G result in her last race would have done it Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Deneriaz's spectacular fall off a jump was quite something. Landed on his back and head, by the look of the slo-mo. Looked worse than it was, helmet, skis, the lot flew off well before he hit the netting. Imagine the force needed to snap the strap on a helmet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG, good thing his neck muscles have been strengthed recently by wearing of heavy gold medal Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG wrote:
and where were the Austrians today? None on the podium in either the Men's or Women's downhills.

Strobl got 4th didn't he?

Even though he was only 11th Walchhofer took the downhill title, maybe he was playing it safe rather than being sorry.

Finlay Mickel finishing before Hermann in a downhill is not something you often see, good on him. Perhaps Maier is saving himself for tomorrows Super-G.

...... didn't get chance to watch it live but wasn't Görgl 3rd and Hosp 4th?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 15-03-06 14:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DB, Wink yes, the Austrians didn't do so bad.

Apparently Bode has been silently suffering from a knee problem and atrophied thigh muscle most of the season... Well not that silently, as he's ended up telling us anyway.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Of course the delay meant that those of us taping the race didn't get to see it all, so I see the results, but missed Miller, Rhalves, Aamodt, Strobl! Shame - the reprise is also in the missdle of the Cheltenham programme to no joy there!

I think it's brilliant that Finlay came 12th in the WC finals - may not be his best ever result but he made shedloads of mistakes and was a bit lucky to get down at all! Still well beaten his seeding though.

Excellent womens race, but dorfmeister didn't look as though she was going 100%. Very glad she's got the Crystal globe though + Walchofer. Well deserved all round.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OUCH!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone with access to Eurosport, the Men's Super G has just got under way.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
One of the following will take the Super G crystal globe (current SG points in brackets)

MAIER Hermann AUT (232)
SVINDAL Aksel Lund NOR (224)
REICHELT Hannes AUT (221)
GUAY Erik CAN (204)
AAMODT Kjetil Andre NOR (191)
DAHLVES Daron USA (189)
HOFFMANN Ambrosi SUI (165)
GRUBER Christoph AUT (147)
GRUGGER Hans AUT (133)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Starting to get interesting now. How good is Miller's time, I wonder...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG wrote:
How good is Miller's time, I wonder...

Pretty good!

Great way for Bode to finish his speed events this season Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Congrats to Svindal who takes the crystal and the Yanks getting a 1 2 finish.

World Cup win must of been a very small margin (.09 of a second and 2pts?).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Felt a bit sorry for Maier though. I would have liked to have seen him take a title this year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG wrote:
Felt a bit sorry for Maier though. I would have liked to have seen him take a title this year.

He's got 14 crystal globes at home, probably hasn't got much space for another and so maybe he slowed down a bit wink

Not bad for a bloke with a gammy leg though. Hermann has just missed out by milli-seconds on many ocassions this year, without the injury who knows what would of happened ....
ski holidays
Now for the women's Super G, in les than 30 mins. After the charge yesterday by Paerson in taking the downhill with Kostelic absent, she's made a big dent in the overall lead held by Kostelic. It could yet go to the wire...
latest report
... or then again, maybe not! With Paerson uncharacteristically DNF'ing, and Kostelic taking 4th today, even if Kostelic didn't race, and Paerson wins both the final slalom and GS she would still be a few points adrift.
snow report
A few big names are already out after the first GS run (inc Simoncelli, Maier, Miller, Palander, Svindal, Guay)

It's going to the wire in the Mens second run today. Massimiliano Blardone is 0.07 seconds faster than Benni Raich. If (I've calculated correctly and) the positions remain the same after the second run then Blardone would win the Overall GS title by one point. Simoncelli & Palander have lost their chance for the overall GS title. Nyberg is in 3rd place in the overall GS points standings and after the first run too so it's a three horse race for the overall GS title now.
ski holidays
The Italians need cheering up a bit, it's not exactly been the year they were hoping for after all their preparations for the Olympics.

Kostelic romps home yet again in the slalom.
ski holidays
And a predictable blitzing of the opposition in the men's GS by Benni...
ski holidays
Well done again Benni
latest report
So it's Rocca (ITA) v Palander (FIN) for the slalom title tommorow.
snow conditions
DB, Palander no chance, I think he blew his ACL today....
snow report
All the rest are over 100 points behind so Rocca takes it.
snow conditions
Puzzled

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/disciplines/alpineskiing/cupstandings.html?&discipline=ALL&discipline=DH&discipline=SL

Rocca 547
Palander 495

Edit I see, poor Palander. The Italians finally get a result though and Rocca was on top form earlier on in the season.
snow conditions
The whole of these championships put the Olympics in shadow IMO. The courses were harder, the competition just as tough, and there was none of the boring razzmatazz. Wonderful ski performances all round - a super week of sport, such a shame it clashed with Cheltenham (I didn't get enough sleep, trying to watch all my video footage every night, so I could tape the next day!)

good on Are and all the men and women involved. Very Happy Very Happy snowHead Cool
ski holidays
Big thanks and happy retirement to Dorfmeister, Rahlves & Kjus.

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy