Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester Airport ABS situation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The last few times I’ve taken an ABS through Manchester (last in Dec 1Cool it’s been a total pain, waiting at least 20 minutes extra whilst the guys at the special baggage counter freak out about the gas cylinder. This is regardless of informing airline before, and always having printout of iata regs. They quite often seem to confuse the mass of pyrotechnic compound with the mass of the gas, thinking that you’re only permitted 200mg gas.

Flying with SAS this Saturday, and they say we don’t need to do anything extra before getting to the airport. Is there anything else we can do to try and make it easier, anyone found a way to have a better time if it?

The avalanche risk is low at our destination and I’m tempted to leave them at this stage rather than go through the aggro-last time we were made to feel like we’d ruined everyone’s day...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It depends who you get. I've had a bloke who just went "Yes, I know all about them" and sent it through.

Other times I've had staff wring their hands and mutter "this can't be right".

I've had mixed reactions carrying bindings in had luggage too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First time I put mine through in the ski bag I told them and they just asked me to get an easyJet rep to sign a form for them. Then they put it through the scanner several times before asking, was I sure I'd packed it... They couldn't see the carbon canister.
I've not mentioned it's in the bag since and it's gone through unquestioned.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep not all airport staff re clued up on the basics let alone the finer details. Last night arriving at Border control at Glasgow.... and the lady directing me to the autobarrier. "Where is the other person?"

Me, I'm here on my own

Lady: but you have two passports.

Me: Yep Both mine.

Lady. Are they both in date.
Me: Yes

Lady: How (glaswegian for why)

Me: In case one doesn't work in the machine. Happy

She looked really confused.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GlasgowCyclops,

How have you got 2? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@hollando, inform airline in advance and put the cylinder in your hold bags, never have trouble and we fly Manchester. We wear the bags in inert state then as hand luggage,works fine.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you inform airline in advance and put in hold baggage then it goes different route to normal bags "cargo" - so if xrayed or inspected then those doing so will have information that there is gas canister there

If you put into hold and don't tell them and they find it, you could find yourself dealing with loss of bag at hands of ignoramus of airport policeman
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
With battery operated bags simple. You have to bring them to cabin as lithium battery that size is not allowed into cargo
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy