Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Preventative" medication

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Bish, as kuwait_ian says, Indocid (Indomethacin) is one of the original NSAIDS. You may be interested to read the final bullet point point in the section "What special precautions should I follow?" ·
Quote:
remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug. Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication. Shocked
Chris, you also say it is an ancient stock. Drugs do go out of date. I suggest you throw them away and get some new stuff.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dan, 98 is close to my lifetime aggregate!

I'm seriously impressed.

I only started playing again because my 14 year old son is a fanatic and plays for various levels of our quite decent village team about 6 nights a week. I only get to see him on the field!

I did record my first victory as skipper since 1968 last week mostly because I persuaded a guy out of retirement who is an ex county and England youth player.
At our level that's a bit like taking on the local bully with a B52.

Nodding back in the direction of the thread, I get over stiffness by going to a fitness room with treadmills etc and then stretch out the stiffness.

I only reach for the Ibruprofen when desperate.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish, cheers Embarassed , no one else got about 12 (which I think was extras Laughing ), not a great standard of cricket but a good laugh on a Saturday. We sledge ourselves more than the oppo...........you have to be able to dish the banter and take the banter in our side!

.....errr yeah back to the topic.................we'll send a few of the girlies to sleep talking cricket again like what happened yesterday discussing muleritheran's (or however you spell it) new doosla (??) ball. Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Talking of NSAIDS, Voltaren (or Voltarol) is Diclofenac or Sodium Diclofenac (the box is at home), and I was mighty glad it's an over the (pharmacy) counter drug in Australia, where I pulled a back muscle while leaning forward to give a Sydney taxi driver instructions on how to navigate around Sydney. I'm aware of its side effects having been prescibed the same drug in England.

However, the side effects of this drug are causing an ecological disaster in India. The sub continent has always relied on Indian Vultures to clean up dead animals and a very good job they have always done. The Parsees go so far as leaving out their human dead for the vultures as part of their culture. The trouble is all the vultures are dying off (about 99% so far) so all the animal (and human) remains are lying around rotting. Recently the cause for the vulture deaths has been found. Diclofenac was being given freely to cattle for their aches and pains, but when they died and were eaten by the vultures, the vultures suffered kidney failure from the drug residues.

That won't stop me taking it, I'll just wear a sign saying 'danger, do not feed to vultures'
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pete Horn, Voltorol (or Voldermort as we call it) is what they give out like smarties in Maternity wards at hospitals post caesarian which might explain why I haven't seem vultures in the carpark of my local NHS trust!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Reed, Voldemort: I like it. Very Happy I haven't heard that round the hospitals here. I will give it a try tomorrow.

And here is a link to The Times of India with more on the story Pete Horn mentioned.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
how do you know when a cow has a hangover then?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When it is feeling low?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark Lehto, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The only preventive medications I take are vitamins...
Generally Supradyn(R) effervescent...
Only drugs I carry with me are aspirins (also with vitamin C...)
Now, since a couple of years I must take a dayly dose of enapren (very low I think, 5 mg a day) but this is another story....still it's preventive (sort of) and under the doctor's direction.
http://www.bellezzaedieta.com/show.cfm?owner=922&theproduct=1025
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aspirin is also an NSAID Matteo. Generally Paracetamol is far safer as an occasional drug for aches and pains, although aspirin has multiple effects, and is prescribed in a daily low dose for many varied conditions.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dan, 4 wickets and 98, thats some serious jug avoidance!!!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ken Lingwood, Don't worry. Dan has already been sentenced for blasphemy on the South Coast member meeting thread.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Reed wrote:
...Voldermort as we call it... ...might explain why I haven't seem vultures in the carpark of my local NHS trust!

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, Thanks for the link above. I must have read the story in The Guardian, a very quick search found this:
India fears public health catastrophe as vultures head for extinction
ski holidays
Thanks Kramer, I very seldom take one, even though, before being ordered on enapren I had to take a dayly aspirin...for nearly two and a half months...
This doesn't mean that it was "safe" , rather that the md who prescribed it felt safer with me taking it...
snow report
Chris Bish - Indomethacin are the most toxic NSAIDs still prescribable in the UK - be very careful. There is some good work on elite athletes and prophylactic NSAID use suggesting an increase in GI bleeding rates even if not symptomatic. I suspect most of our skiing is not elite, but we do get dehydrated which significantly increases the risks.

Helen B - for acute problems and in the short term NSAIDs are very useful drugs, but only as part of a brader management regime for the daignosis.

I take diclofenac to the resort but never carry it. Paracetamol should suffice for all slopside minor ailments that don't need an ice pack.
snow report
Ken Lingwood, Chris Bish, It does get worse...............no joke.......this week 99!!! I am now taking a break for a couple of weeks, no doubt it will be quack quack very soon!
latest report
Dan, apologies to all for being off topic. We were criticised by our oppostion last week for being too old and too good. I'll only admit to the first! I've had to drop myself this week and I'm cross about it.

Look a jug isn't that expensive....

(Hint to non-cricketers. Successful players are expected to buy a jug of beer for their team mates. Most places it's 50 or 5 wickets.)

I've never bought one......ever!
latest report
Sorry Martin Nicholas, I actually meant to thank you for your advice but I'm as easily distracted by cricket as I am by snow.
latest report
Woo - have been away for ages and only just checked back in. Thanks for the advice Jonpim - will fire my GP the next time I see him!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy