Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche at Plan Peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been informed today that there was an avalanche on Aiguille Grive this afternoon, directly above the top of Grizzly chairlift. This slide was apparently triggered by skiers/boarders and may have resulted in loss of life. Does anyone have more definite information about this possible tragedy?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A British female snowboarder killed, no beacon. I will ask someone to post details to PH later.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Davidof, this confirms the information I have received from two different sources - one, a pisteur, who heard it on his radio; the other, a chairlift employee, who told me that 2 people were killed (out of a group of three). It took a while to find one of them, because they were not carrying ARVA's . You can clearly see the remains of the avalanche coming directly down, above Grizzly lift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can see the avelanche debris if you pan right on the GRIZZLY WEBCAM Quite close to the lift and the pistes down to 1800. Very sad. What was the avalanche risk today?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Warmer today. Coincidentally just this morning the Villaroger mayor had lifted a ban on skiing off piste in the Villaroger sector of the Aiguille Rouge, the feeling being that the worst of the danger had passed. The ban was imposed because of the number of lives lost in the Lanchettes couloir, in particular after heavy falls of snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Martin Nicholas,

Incredible
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PGHM contact said that it was a big slide, starting high up on the Aiguille Grive and that the boarder was carried for some distance, ending up 100 metres or so above the top of the Plan Bois chair.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess this is the BBC report of the incident.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One of my managers saw it happen, 3 boarders took the same track accross and it slid. Nasty
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
very sad..... but you have to wonder why you'd venture off piste without a transceiver???? Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy