Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lessons/Kindergarden for 3yr old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a resort with an english speaking ski school/kindergarden for my three year old son for next year. I would like him to be able to be looked after in the morning and have the chance to try an hour or so of skiing. We have just returned from an enjoyable week in Les Gets where he was at the SnowKidz creche. It was an excellent service but there was no opportunity to try and ski. As he will be three and a bit next year I would like to hear anyone's recommendations,
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi clareholyoak, welcome to snowHeads!

I'm sure there will be plenty of good advice along soon, but one thing I would say is not to trust a tour operator on this one if you're going that route... our three year old was "not allowed to ski by law" in La Plagne last year, but at the end of the week I found out that locally the Snow Garden would have taken her...

She's looking forward to the trip we have booked next year!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I started a threas on this sort of thing in Europe a week or two ago, but I can't find it. It's there somewhere and has some useful info.

N.America does this sort of thing well; creches with 1 or 2 hours a day lessons are commonplace. My experience is of Mammoth and Banff, which were both great. These are also available in Europe, as my thread will tell you if you can find it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clareholyoak, I can't speak for everywhere in France, but here they don't normally take children in the Kindergartens until they're 4. If it's out of school holiday time they will lety them try out at 3, but if it doesn't go well on the first morning then they're out. If you can get your child to plastic/snowdome first so they can ski a little that would be a big help. No idea about ages for this in the States. Remember that kindergartens are staffed by ski teachers not nannies, so they/we aren't trained to deal with tinies that won't!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clareholyoak, welcome to snowheads, we can recommend Les Galopins in La Rosiere, Fay who helps run the nursery is English, so no language confusion. We've had lots of clients use their services very happily, some friends of ours who were here at Xmas had their 3 yr old in the nursery, he skied for an hour or so each day, played in the snow, played indoors and had a little rest each day. At the end of the week he could ski, he got his first ski badges and he's hooked, his parents were delighted that he was looked after all day and was so happy. If you go to our website www.tracksvacations.com you'll find a link to the La Rosiere tourist office website, Les Galopins is listed under ski schools, they'll take infants from 18ths up to 12yrs of age.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clareholyoak, welcome ot snowheads

Jeez, just lost a whole long post.

Try again:

Can only recommend what you know: my daughter spent last year aged 3+3 months with www.spirit1950.com, and the last ten days too.
They are based at Les Arcs 1950: 2.5 hour morning or afternoon lessons per day, with options for lunch as well. Debutants spend their time in the 'garden', a dedicated area, and depending on conditions will also spend time indoors if ness. ( e.g. this year, a friend of previously mentioned daughter did drawing and painting as clouds closed in one morning).

They are obviously doing something right, as we skiied over to the Flying Squirrel in Peisey last weekend and back (albeit Will didn't recognise us, and Clare claimed not to know what Snowheads was - shame on you!) which is quite a trek for small people, but thoroughly enjoyed and enjoyable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Esprit generally have combined ski school/childcare for 3 year olds. Mark Warner did in La Plagne. It's quite common around here for ski kindergartens to take 3 year olds. They will not be forced to ski if they don't want to.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy