Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

School holidays - 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Does anyone know when the UK school holidays are for 2007?

Specifically half-term and the Easter break?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They tend to be when the tour ops charge the highest prices. Hmmm coincidence Shocked I think not. If youa re trying to avoid a busy resort account for local holdiays especially the french as the resorts can get very busy. March is usally a good bet depending on where you go, I find january a bit cold and lacking in snow especially early in the month. For instance when I was in val disere in late jan there was only a base of around 70cm but now it is 190cm on the bottom slopes Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jumpin Jack, as a rough idea, my kids have their half term from Mon 19th Feb, and Easter break from Mon 2nd April (Easter Sunday is the 8th).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't look like there are any uniform dates any more,my boys are in the London Borough of Havering their Easter dates are 26March-10th April,yet Essex schools a couple of miles away have diffrent dates as do London boroughs south of the River!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumpin Jack, they aren't consistent through the UK. If it helps, here in Hampshire the holidays for 2007 are:
H/T is week commencing Sat 17th Feb and the Easter break is from Sat 31st March for 2 weeks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No idea but the schools usually produce their holiday dates well in advance (I think my kids' are available for 2007 now). Unless of course you've got no kids and want to avoid school holidays? I think Good Friday and Easter Monday 2007 are 6th and 9th April
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jumpin Jack, guess my kids have half-term at the most popular time judging by the prices I was charged when I booked next year with Esprit... We're off to La Rosiere 10th-17th Feb
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HT seems to be w/b 10 and 17.02.07. Judging by TO's prices, w/b 10.02.07 seems the most popular.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It isn't rocket science, you know! Go to google and type in school holidays leicestershire (for example) or whatever other county you want. In the list of results near the top somewhere you'll see your official local government listed with the holiday dates - they have to publish them and I'd be amazed if your county wan't covered...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The dates are for a friend - his kids are now at school, and we might need to go during the holidays.
We normally go during the first week of March. We've always avoided half-term! I was hoping that Easter was early so we could still go in early March. The last week of March seems like a possibility, depending on his schools dates.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carled, if Jumping jack doesn't have children, he probably doesn't realise that they are published so far in advance.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No, I don't have children so I didn't know when the hols were. Following carled's advice, I googled for the dates and there they were. Embarassed Unfortunately the Easter hols start during the first week of April. I'm not sure if Davos is open then - or what the snow's like, I'm off to google for it now!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jumpin Jack, don't ever be embarrassed about asking questions on here. This thread has helped me. So thanks for asking the question wink

I have now checked and found out that my kids have different half terms in Feb 2007, which will make life interesting next year rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry all - wasn't meant to come across as blunt as that... glad it led to the right result in the end!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ray Zorro, an interesting prospect indeed. Perhaps to make it fair you'll have to take both of them out of school for a week and have 2 weeks holiday.
snow conditions
Ray Zorro wrote:

I have now checked and found out that my kids have different half terms in Feb 2007, which will make life interesting next year rolling eyes

Now, if only the country was divided up into big areas with holidays at different times .... . I knew it was a great idea.
snow report
richmond, you'll be humming the Marseillaise next.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:
Ray Zorro, an interesting prospect indeed. Perhaps to make it fair you'll have to take both of them out of school for a week and have 2 weeks holiday.
funny you should say that, I'm currently in negotiations with Mrs Z along those very lines wink
latest report
Ray Zorro, or go without them!
snow report
Ray Zorro, or go without them!
snow report
richmond, Best advice on this thread so far Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
AxsMan, so good, in fact, that I repeated it in case anyone missed it the first time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy