Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off the Mountain Quick...........

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, iwas wondering if any snowHead have any tips on painfull feet. I have just been forced off the Brevent(Perfect spring conditions) due to unbelivable foot pain, coming from the entire soles of my feet.

SH!ITE, sorry for any lack of understanding or empathy towards any of our previous clients whom have expierenced this. My boots have been the reason for the improvents in my skiing but have ruined my day, today. wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Maybe you have hibernating hedgehogs in your boots Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
physician heal thyself Twisted Evil

It's called KARMA rodent boy, now stop arsin' around and get a snowboard for all that powder rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Can I suggest CEM or SMALLZOOKEEPER, why not send them a PM
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, There's guy that posts on here sometimes about boots and ski's and fish. I think he lives in cham on ix near Geneva he might be able to offer some pointers or why not visit your nearest branch of Snow and Rock for some really knowledgeable advice. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Can I ask if you remembered to put your boots on this morning.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, did you have yur boots on the right feet? They, unlike skis, normally have a left and right! Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, you may laugh, but years ago I got an old pair of boots adjusted by S&R (they did a good job, as it happens). When I went to pick them up I tried them on, 'God, they're uncomfortable, what the hell have you done to them?'. 'Mate, you've got them on the wrong feet.'.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went skiing with a beginner once who complained about painful boots one day - turned out that he'd put on someone elses (not even anyone we knew) - 2 sizes smaller. Everyone else in the party felt like idiots by association...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, You talked about BEMS in an earlier post, never did get to the bottom of what it was, but perhaps you've caught it? Is there a cure? Confused

More seriously, is it cramp? I believe you can get this from a shortage of salt in the diet? and I am sure I read something about people getting it from boots with custom-made footbeds when I was deciding to invest in pair... However, i did invest and don't get any problems, so may be talking out my hat on this one.

In fact, take all of this post entirely at your own risk as salt is most definitely persona non grata in the UK at the mo...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Small Zookeeper

I solved this problem this war by investing in a pari of Ski boot Insoles (I think that they cost about €60 here in Dublin) Can't remember the brand name but they are the ones that are heated up and then moulded to your feet. Definitely worth a try as the company offers a full refund if the insoles dont improve things

The transformation was unbelievable - Instant relief and completely pain free skiing for the full day
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is it a circluation issue, does the problem get worse or stay the same when the boots are tightened. I know you are in the business so my knowledge is very limited, what about some heel-lifts. I know there is a bootfitter guy on the epicski forums or is that talking to the enemy Evil or Very Mad Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I think I know the problem, you've been stuck in the shop for most of the season and not done enough exercise, so you've put on weight which has changed your foot shape, so what once fitted perfectly is now too tight, or your arches have fallen.

Your supposed to be the expert wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, were you skiing powder, or possibly pushing harder than usual?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I used to really struggle with my boots and extreme foot pain, I mean extreme foot pain. Normally I have skied through the pain thinking it to be a mental problem and mind over matter and all that. But doing this has left my feet in a bad way numerous times.

Like I say I used to cope with the problem but then I was forced of the mountain in Whistler, when I went to a ski boot shop to get the problem sorted and whipped off my boots, the shop assistant said 'J*s*s dude you really shouldn't be skiing.

I came home with this problem and got myself custom insoles done, I also removed the bits from under the insoles which dropped my feet in the boot by approximately half a centimetre (I think) I also got rid of the boot liners and invested in some insulated pre moulded ones.

All the changes made above means my feet and especially the soles of my feet are so much more comfortable now, I tell my ski buddies my boots are like slippers and I'm not lying and I have had major problems with my feet in the past, burning soles and all that. Now I can fasten my boots up at 8am in the morning and not even touch them or loosen them all day until I get home in the evening.

I hope this helps
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, not quite enough snow to stick that huck, perhaps?
ski holidays
Funny, but last week, hubby and I both had the same problem on the same day. We'd just skied over from Monetier to Grand Alpe, so had done a good distance in a relatively short time. We stopped for an early lunch, and the pain went away.
latest report
A friend of mine spent his first 2 days on a one holiday complaining of uncomfortable boots, they'd previously been fine so he was a little confused. He reckoned they almost felt like something was twisted around the toes so he took the liners out to check. It was at that point we discovered that he'd put the liners back in the wrong boots after taking them out to air. rolling eyes
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, I skied for a day with liners in the wrong boots Embarassed Never lived it down.
ski holidays
No, no, no. I left my boots in the shop for a couple of days. The idiots i work with filled my boots with Bon-tex, 3 slices of volume adjustment. So eager to ski, didn't think about it 'til i skied the sugar. Fuc???s.
Thanks for the help everyone, FISH always take the WORM. Twisted Evil
snow report
I actually did ask hubby if he'd put his footbeds back in the right boots. I knew mine were Ok though. I think I didn't have tham tight enough, causing my foot to twist slightly in my boot. I've actually gone back to wearing my old ones, as I had so much trouble with my newer ones in LDA at the PSB.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, their idea of a joke no doubt.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Quote:
Thanks for the help everyone, FISH always take the WORM.

You are a cheeky young scoundrel and no mistake. Twisted Evil

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 13-03-06 22:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

The idiots i work with filled my boots with Bon-tex, 3 slices of volume adjustment.

You are far too trusting Twisted Evil
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Nothing like the staff's respect for a good boss is there?
latest report
Poor old SMALLZOOKEEPER, they had better watch out! I feel sure that you will find revenge is a dish best eaten cold!
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
The idiots i work with filled my boots with Bon-tex, 3 slices of volume adjustment. So eager to ski, didn't think about it 'til i skied the sugar. ...
Thanks for the help everyone, FISH always take the WORM. Twisted Evil

You don't like a tight, racy fit anymore, I see.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
No, no, no. I left my boots in the shop for a couple of days. The idiots i work with filled my boots with Bon-tex, 3 slices of volume adjustment. So eager to ski, didn't think about it 'til i skied the sugar. Fuc???s.

you bootfitters are CRAAYYYZEEEE!
wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy