Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How To Ski Hard/Icy Pistes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
David Murdoch,

A mano-a-mano (metaphorically of course, easiski) ski-off on rock-hard ice?? He (she) who falls forst or skids furthest buys the beer. Sounds fair enough.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Red Leon, sounds like you are just very naughty!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Leon, Laughing Laughing Laughing I'l be sure to bring my Fischers!! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1 wrote:
I experienced one such piste at New Year in France - I watched every single kid from the local Ski Club attempt to turn and then fall, and I suspect they were on the whole competent skiers.
Puzzled Apologies for jumping in at this late stage... but as a friend of one of the trainers of the Allos club, and knowing a good number of the kids, I have to say I can't imagine any of them falling over, even on sheet ice, unless they were doing it on purpose, skiing with their eyes closed, backwards, or a combination of all three!! Maybe it was a different club? Or perhaps they were the pre-club 4/5 year olds?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG,

I would guess they were about 10 or 11 years old. They were free skiing at the time, came over the lip onto this icy piste at speed, first turn got them all. There were about 5 or 6 of them - they weren't with a trainer.

I assumed they were the local ski club because of the jackets they were wearing, though I couldn't say for sure. This particular run was the link piste back from Isola 2000 to La Foux.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very odd, they (and every other mountain-based club) spend weeks each season doing nothing but gate training on runs that are as icy as it gets, so that their natural skiing stance, even when free skiing, is perfectly centred at all times. They very rarely get caught out in the same way as the leisure skier.

I only mentioned it because I've never seen anything like that happen in years of watching club kids train. You do get 'citadin' (town) club kids training in resorts as well, that don't come close to the standards of the locals, I've seen plenty of them take a fall. Anyway, apologies for the diversion! Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy