Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Windchill hits -49C on Europe's highest ski summit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The air temperature at Europe's highest ski lift station - the Klein Matterhorn above Zermatt - was -29C at 10am (local time) this morning, with a wind speed of 57 km/h. That results in a windchill of -49C.

Needless to say, the lift is closed! From the look of the various mountain webcams, most skiers are nursing hot chocolates.

http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/bahnen/wetter.html
http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/bahnen/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It got to -31c with another -17c of windchill at the top of Plein Morte in Crans Montana at Christmas and the lift was still running! That was pretty nippy, we had to stop every couple of minutes to check exposed flesh for signs of frostbite.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A mate just called me from Hintertux. Says it's -25C at the Tuxerfernerhaus (bottom of the glacier) but there's a 20mph wind. I've no idea exactly what that works out to with wind chill but he's calling it a day. Looks pleasant enough on the web cam but I guess this is a day to watch the Grand Prix instead.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Feels just as cold in North Yorks, virtual white out with horizontal snow. Fire is on andthe telly warmed up. I walked the dog and was desperate for a hot chocolate with squirty cream
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Eh, you'd prefer to walk a 'Hot Chocolate with Squirty Cream?'
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Chocolate chaud avec chantilly, call it what you like, but its a great drink when cold. Even better when you have a dodgy Magnum/YMCA tash like mine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
-16 at 2000m today in Zell am See. So much for spring conditions, its still winter here Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, he likes to bathe in hot chocolate and play with the squirty cream . . . Mrs FTS has joined the WI.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque,
Quote:

SMALLZOOKEEPER, he likes to bathe in hot chocolate and play with the squirty cream .

Shocked Laughing
mmmm chocolate Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, Now what have you started!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I stayed here last year, it has amongst other things in its health spa chocolate therapy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's our youngests birthday, and in honour of the fact that we needed snowchains to get down to the main road this morning we have gone alpine and cracked open some toffee vodka to have with the cake snowHead !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FenlandSkier, the hotel I'm in this week (in Kent) offers chocolate facials and mud wraps in their spa!! I may have to indulge.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lorraine,

Much snow up your way then?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
About 8 cm last night, but touble is it is drifting into about 3 to 4 foot drifts and filling the lanes. Main roads were fine today. We have had a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain so it is like an ice rink out there.....doesn't bode well for the morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy