Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur hints / tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In Chamonix for a long weekend (ski fri/sat/sun) next week. Thinking about driving through the Mont Blanc tunnel for a day in Courmayeur.
Any hints / tips / do's and dont's / avoid the weekend etc?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you go on the weekend, don't be put off by the massively busy car park. Get up the mountain and you will find that the deck chairs will be busier that the lift queues. Alternatively, drive a bit more and go to La Thuile instead - not a fur-lined ski suit or Gucci goggle in sight.

Have fun Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Allow some time to potter about the town. It's very pleasant and has some good restaurants and bars (or did have about 15 years ago!).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shockingmoment, i have skiied Courmayeur a couple of times and had some good skiing but as suggested by Duvet, the skiing is better and more varied at La Thuile and you can easily ski to La Rosiere and back during the day and I really enjoyed the long easy red back down to La Thuile from the St Bernando area.......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i was there in Jan for the day and i found it a nice ski area for the day. more reasonably priced restaurants than chamonix's ski areas and town centre. i can remember having the best lasagna of my life at the first restaurant you come to when making your way from the gondola up. the pizzas looked really good as well, of course....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
b71, I've had the exact opposite experience with the food on the mountain! Other than that, I think the skiing's great at Courmayeur for a couple of days. ISTR that you can see more glaciers from Courmayeur than from any other resort, or that may have been a local's exaggeration.

shockingmoment, if you're up to it (and don't have to abandon a car) you can ski the Vallée Blanche from Courmayeur back to Chamonix (guide essential).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shockingmoment, have a search around the forum there was quite a bit posted a while ago.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great powder to be found in the trees several days after the last snowfall too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been a couple of times and the food on mountain and in town were excellent.

In terms of runs (and I am sorry can't remember names) there is a fantastic run over the back and to the right (if that makes any sense at all) that is virtually empty until lunchtime. When the sun hits it proper everyone seems to move over from the main bowl and it gets quite busy. To get there go up the first chairs (thinks its the middle one or the right but def not the left) and when you get off and start skiing keep pushing to the right of the resort (right as you look up the mountain) and you will find what I mean.

Bingo - just found it on search engine! Its called Zerotta.

Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shockingmoment,

Park the car at Enreves which is the first car park you see as you come out of the tunnel... It bypasses the the mani lift
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everyone - thanks very much for the info. Really sold on the idea now. Counting down the days....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy