Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help...Which Twin Tip skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know that there have been a few posts on TT skis already but I'm trying to decide which skis to buy. I think I've narrowed it down two:

Volkl Karma and Dynastar Troublemaker.

I realise that they have different characteristics (volkl's are wider underfoot, stiffer flex, etc...) but unfortunately when I went to France in late Feb I couldn't find any shops who had my size in these skis to test, therefore I've never used either.

I was just wondering what people's thoughts were on the two skis given I'm looking for something that’s pretty versatile, I've skied for about 15 years and ski roughly-piste 50%, off-piste 30%, park 20%. I previously had 1080s and now have volkl 724's which I like but they are obviously not as versatile (lack of TTs).

I know that many shops will start to have 07 models soon but having seen the new Karma I'm not keen on the graphics (brown!) so would def want to buy this year’s model.

Also I know a lot of people suggest K2 skis (public enemy) but I'm just not a fan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know if this is any help but i tried out a pair of Volkl Dogans last week in Obergurgl and they were excellent.

I plan to go for a pair of Karmas next year
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't think Dogans and Karmas are all that similar - Dogens are apparently made by K2 in the factory in China, Karmas made in Volkl factory in Germany. Karma is way stiffer and a reasonable amount wider.
PS I have a pair of Karmas and they are great, just spoken to a guy in the ski shop who tells we next years Karmas are essentially the same ski. One thing I found with Karmas is that they are reasonably unforgiving in deep heavy snow (get lots of that in Whistler!) as the tips are stiff so you have to keep them motoring and be a little careful to stop them diving
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The troublemakers get great write ups, by fall-line and the daily mail mag. They havent changed since 03-04 and are supposed to have good edge hold and be decent in short-turns. They may however be slightly narrow for off piste. I rented some public enemys while in val disere and found them too heavy. I have some atomic urban triplets which I really like. The bases are super strong so they should last a while. I hear good things about the head mojos as well. You should find all these skis at reasonable prices on ebay. I got the triplets (3 skis) at £240 with bindings fitted brand new, I have seen troublemakers go for similar money, salomon teneightys tend to go for more but I really dont like this seasons foil or thruster and the gun is too off-piste orientated for me (90mm waist). The troublemakers and triplets both have a 78mm waist. If going for the triplets make sure you choose the urban ones rather than the hp (half-pipe) for more versatility.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The karmas seem to be the ski of choice though if you are doing a rasonable amount of off-piste. In an ideal world I would have my piste skis (supersport volkl), twin tips (triplets) and a mid-fat to fat ski for powder (b4 bandit). However in the real world I cant ski very well off piste and 3 pairs can not be justified Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
5stitches, tell more, how much fresh snow and how were they in moguls? Size/weight?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Think I'm going to go for the Karma's given I've already got Volkl skis and like the stiffness of them. Apparently the new 07 Karma are almost the same but slightly more flex in the tip and tail...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
check out http://www.sport-conrad.com they have them. Spyderjon found this great site and is ordering from them
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy