Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sorry, this is just beyond a joke.

Poster: A snowHead
Never seen snow like it, can't see to the end of my garden, hasn't stopped for 8 days now, rumours 2m on top of resturant roof at Flegere, i think that's a conserative estimate. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At what point do the authorities start to get seriously worried about the avalanche danger threatening villages rather than just slopes?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk, No idea, i'm sure they keep one eye on things always, we should be fine, should the wind slow down. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
far more snow today already than forecast for the whole 24 hours, and gusts of wind much higher. Going to be another vintage transfer day tomorrow. Not another WORD about the end of the season. End of the world, more like. and still people panicking about whether there'll be any snow left.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, agree 100% - getting ridiculous! High winds again today here and snowing most of the day. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, easiski, same here - substantial snowfall today, but high winds this afternoon. If it carries on like this tonight, transfer day will be dreadful again.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heading out to Chamonix for the frst time on Sunday, for three days. Looks as though we've struck it lucky. Forecast is for clear skies from Sunday onwards... bring it on.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last week villages on the south side of lake geneva were evacuated

Today in about 20 mins this afternoon 12 cm of snow just dumped - chaos on the roads - forecast for here is snow until Sunday.

The forecast for tonight was 8cm.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

forecast for tonight was 8cm

the way it's going, it will be significantly more. Glad my visitors aren't coming till Sunday afternoon (if they come Saturdays they transfer themselves!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
please stop complaining, the snow gods may hear and pull a dry winter out of the bag next year Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You lucky Alans.

Don't know how long SZK has been in Cham but I remember a tragic avalanche a few years ago mear Argentiere when a small hamlet was wiped out
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
halfhand, I was there, just before...and just after the slide up at Montroc. Totally scary experience seeing the damage.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand, Way more snow than 1998/99, It was parts of Le Tour.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

More snow than that.......????? My buddies were out there at that time and I joined tham later
and that wass a shedload of snow then...!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Memories fading as I get older. Anyway lets hope that nothing like it happens again.

BTW SMALLZOOKEEPER, - how's the uncle thing going?
snow report
Snowstopped cloud clearing. Will we be safe?
snow conditions
I don't know. Take a fire extinguisher.
ski holidays
?????
It's humour Scottie, but not as we know it....
snow report
pam w, I just posted on another thread around 20+ cm yesterday, a friend in Gstaad reckons they have about 30cm, my pals in Champery are probably not too long to bed I will hear from them later.
ski holidays
Pam, not even the slightest bit envious: http://www.trinum.com/ibox/saisies/webcam/webcam2.htm# Its looking like a gorgeous powder day, though digging the car out to leave a resort is always sad Cool
snow report
Just got a text more than 30cm fell in Champery during the night Sad

and for a change I am stuck in work Sad
snow report
The forecast was for a bit more snow today and tonight, but it has already chucked down far more than forecast, and still going strong. Unfortunately this epoch making snowfall has coincided with a very French sort of row between the committee of our apartments, and the "syndic" about deneigement. The upshot seems to be that the guys have downed shovels and we are slowly submerging beneath metres of snow. I had to put my snowshoes on to get to the garage this morning, and I have a 6 months pregnant daughter in law arriving tomorrow. But yes, on piste where it belongs, or alongside, the snow is just gorgeous. The best I have ever seen. Not that I could see that well, much of today still poor vis and tomorrow I have to go to Geneva. Weather supposed to clear for the next few days, anyone who can do so should jump on a plane, and go ski-ing. The snow should last for weeks.
snow report
Pam, we should be back down on the 25th March for a week but staying in Praz..found a huge apartment sleeping 8-10 for silly money plus Eurotunnel for £290 all in.

Must try and meet up this time if you are about snowHead
snow report
I have looked along the lake towards Geneva this morning and the whole French side is under some very heavy looking clouds..

Skinutter who is the apartment through ?
ski holidays
eurogroup is the owner of the appts but I stumbled across them on a uk site forget which i'll dig it out. we havent booked yet just waiting on the snowgods
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
Memories fading as I get older. Anyway lets hope that nothing like it happens again.

Don't count on it not happening again. The Cemegraf who draw up the CLPA recently advised that "white zones", which are where you can build (zones constructibles) should not be considered as zones of zero risk but zones of low risk. You need to understand how they build their plans which the link will help you with. Even if the avy risk is low you might be in a landslide area or at risk from flooding. Life's like that in the mountains - I bet you didn't read that in the prospectus for your chalet purchase.

Montroc Avalanche
ski holidays
davidof, Reading the pistehors.com article and seeing the pictures, brought back all the emotion for me. We had driven up to La Tour to ski, and large sheet screens had been errected either side of the road, and these were being guarded by Gendarmes. The debris looked like a 15 feet tall terrine, made from snow/mud/houses/cars, all frozen solid, with the road cutting a path through the middle. Very frightening, especially when we looked at the hill where the slide had originated and could not comprehend how it could have reached the village, it seemed too far away. Sad
latest report
skinutter, we'll be here, give us ring.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
well had a good weekend in Chamonix... Fri night dumped a good bit. Sat morning at the tourist office at 8:30.... Most of Chamonix was closed and we were recommended to go to Les Houches (also overheard a guide telling his clients that it was the best option). Les Houches was good but it's no Chamonix wink

Sat night had a bit of snow and come Sunday morning it was straight to Grand Montets. Great conditions, everything open. Looks like they opened it Sat too as there were tracks everywhere. By the end of Sunday the whole mountain was tracked out. I guess that's the downside of big (famous) off piste resorts. A lot of the mountain is tracked out in a day (avalanche risk was moderate/fort)

Tired legs today, the drive back was 5hrs too so that added to the tiredness. Looking forward to the next trip there.
snow conditions
And that just the punters who tracked it out, the locals would hit their fave stashes off track
latest report
Wow - what a weekend Very Happy

Friday - skied Grand Montets all day. Not a lot open, couldn't see much but messed around in the trees as much as possible so not too bad.

Saturday - waiting in queue as bottom lifts opened. Spent most of morning skiing off La Herse lift. Visibility was variable but not too bad for most of the morning. Excellent day, but kind of disappeared from memory because of...

Sunday - wow Very Happy snowHead Very Happy snowHead . Decided to risk Brevent in the hope that a little more might get opened. Superb, superb, superb. Skied off Cornu most of the morning, first run was an absolute dream back down under the lift. Probably the best run of my life. Just incredible snow. Had to work a little harder in the afternoon to get powder but my last run still had me leaving fresh tracks. I don't think I stopped smiling once all day.

Not a bad way to end my season!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy