Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late Skiing - Resort Recommendation: North America

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're two single guys in our late 30s. We are looking for a resort in North America where we can hopefully ski April 1-8. Our budget is economical to mid-range. Our skill level is intermediate. We're looking for great skiing with good apres skiing fun (but not the cheesy fratboy fun of something like Cancun - we are adults, you know Smile ).

Can you recommend a resort in N. America that fits the bill? We'd consider Europe as well, but we're finding flights to be a bit pricey from Washington, DC.

Thanks.

Aaron
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
aarondc,

Welcome, I would answer, but would only be guessing. Fox, it's over to you......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
aarondc, welcome.
Suggestions:
Winter Park
Vail (you may struggle on the budget)
Breckenridge
Alta/Snowbird (stay in SLC in the Extended Stay or La Quinta in Midvale, and drive up)
Whistler

Oh, and if you ask on Epicski.com , you'll get a load more answers, but from Americans Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
aarondc, last year my wife and i had a great week of skiing at exactly that time of spread between Heavenly/Lake Tahoe and Mammoth. My understanding is that conditions can sometimes be deteriorating by that time of the year around Tahoe but should still be good at Mammoth which is open until June i think!

Accomodation in South Lake Tahoe was v.cheap. Motels everywhere catering for the gamblers! Mammoth not so cheap but can recomend the Mammoth Creek Inn as being nice.

A couple of pics are shown here: http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/530/sl/r , look at the amount of snow around the school house in Mammoth!!!

By the way where would you recommend in around Harrisburg in Pen or within a few hours of DC for march 27/28? Not expecting fantastic skiing but would like to get a few hours in while over there visiting friends. Have had Timberline in WV recommended - been there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We skied in Breckenridge last Easter (early April), fantastic conditions, loads of snow including one big dump while we were there, great skiing - not huge area, but very entertaining. It is very high, though, which does mess you up a bit.

We've also skied in Banff for many Easters. Snow at Sunshine always good to excellent, Lake Louise more varied.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ayup Aaron.

I live in Colorado and seeing as how Winter Park is my absolute favorite resort, that would be first on my list of recommendations for you. There are free shuttles that run from most of the condo areas to the base. It's not an overly touristy place, so the prices aren't as high as they would be in Vail.

My second suggestion would be Whistler. Whistler Villiage is literally located at the bottom of the lifts. It's a very happening place and has plenty of apres opportunities.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey chris, since you;ve made 5 posys already and no-one's said it, here's the customary "welcome to snowheads" Wink ]

*in-joke*
Nobody tell crayons.
*end in-joke*
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy