Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking a trip to Canazei. Which preferred sites to use?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book a ski trip to Canazei for group of 14 (Unluckily enough the week before the Snowhead Trip to Arabba in February). I am scouring the internet for deals and looks like it maybe cheaper to book everything separately.
So my question is apart from the usual sites (Crystal, Neilsons, Igluski) does anyone know any other sites that they have used in the past and would look to again? We would like Half Board or a catered Chalet.
Also how much would ski hire be and which ski hire shop to use?
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/italy/dolomiti-superski/val-di-fassa/canazei
From Jan. 25: https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/search?City[0]=1208&Region[0]=52210&Country[0]=20&DepartureDate[0]=2020-01-25&Participants[0][0]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][1]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][2]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][3]=1989-03-20&Duration[0]=8-8&sort=Popularity&Allocation=2&nResults=10
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
drporat wrote:
https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/italy/dolomiti-superski/val-di-fassa/canazei
From Jan. 25: https://www.sunweb.co.uk/ski/search?City[0]=1208&Region[0]=52210&Country[0]=20&DepartureDate[0]=2020-01-25&Participants[0][0]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][1]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][2]=1989-03-20&Participants[0][3]=1989-03-20&Duration[0]=8-8&sort=Popularity&Allocation=2&nResults=10

Thank you Madeye-Smiley . Looks to be about the same price if we either go Hotel/flights/transfer or Hotel/lift pass. Can't find a price on the ski hire as of yet
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you look at skiresort.info and they have a ski hire tab to click through on it will be one or two options but will get you started
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also why don’t you look on booking.com
Fly to Treviso and hire an mini bus and car?
While you can access the sella from there you can drop down Val di fassa to all sorts of interesting places on the Dolomiti Superski pass
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red wrote:
Looking to book a ski trip to Canazei for group of 14 (Unluckily enough the week before the Snowhead Trip to Arabba in February). I am scouring the internet for deals and looks like it maybe cheaper to book everything separately.
So my question is apart from the usual sites (Crystal, Neilsons, Igluski) does anyone know any other sites that they have used in the past and would look to again? We would like Half Board or a catered Chalet.
Also how much would ski hire be and which ski hire shop to use?
Thanks.

There won't be any 'deals' for next year yet, except maybe some miserly early booking discount.

You won't get anything for a group of 14 by waiting until last minute.

But if you're the group leader you might get a free place on a package booking, so that will definitely be the cheapest & most stress-free option for you!! wink

Check out the Alpinresorts booking engine for ski hire. Use discount code 'snowball'. You want to choose the shop nearest your accommodation.

In Canazei, some of the accommodation is a distance from the Gondola.

If you do go independent, consider neighbouring villages of Campitello and Alba which both have uplift to the Sella Ronda, though if you have your own transport and don't mind driving to a lift, there will be a lot cheaper accommodation further down the valley in Pozza, Vigo, Moena, etc. These would also give access the smaller quieter ski areas like Buffaure, Catinaccio, Carezza, Alpe Lusia, Passo San Pellegrino, etc

But if there's 14 of you, it is just simpler to do a package booking and park everyone walking distance to a major lift and they can all do what they want when they want, you won't get held up in the morning by the faffers and get your skiing curtailed at the end of the day by the lightweights/frozen feet brigade...and you get your free place as Group Leader!

Igluski should pull up the package accommodation available in the area, then Google the accommodation name to find the relevant Tour Ops, get on the phone to their Group Booking lines and haggle one against the other, making sure there's a free place in it for you! There were a few Brit-run Chalets in Canazei /Alba area, Crystal I think, they would be the ones with the most haggle room. Though it looks like the two they have currently are a bus ride from the gondola.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We (bunch of 50 plus "boys") stayed in Canazei (Chalet Violetta) with Crystal. Was cheaper than I could manage DIY (our usual approach). Chalet is a 15 min walk from Centre but during day early eve no shortage of buses. Food was good, wine drinkable and copious. A few decent bars for apres and apres apres. Going back at New Year. I also had a week in Campitello in the Hotel Grohmann, liked Campitello but food in hotel was dire, never again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies Snowheads. We opted for the package deal with Crystal. Hotel runs a free shuttle bus main chairlift. Very excited to experience the Dollys!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy