Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet flights 2019/20

Poster: A snowHead
Easyjet flights due to be released this Thursday for next winter.

Time to book?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends when you're going

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137537&highlight=easyjet
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anyone know what time they are normally released?
no indication on their website, just release date.

do i stay up late Wednesday, or get up earlier than normal Thursday???????
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
terrygasson wrote:
anyone know what time they are normally released?
no indication on their website, just release date.

do i stay up late Wednesday, or get up earlier than normal Thursday???????

I'm thinking the exact same thing! Puzzled

I want to book flights to Munich for 28th Dec and get some skiing in Austria for New Year
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When the latest batch (for May19) were released a few months ago it was meant to be around 6am but I think I logged on about 0550 they were already available
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Last year they certainly didn't come out at midnight anyway. I made the mistake of waiting up for them and had to give up! Blush
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I read today, can't remember where, between 6 and 7am
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone else awake? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
from 6am I think they go on sale.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back door on site is open I have my half term booked, mon-mon £108 return PP
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes all my flights booked for next year by 5:30, for some reason I could book on my mobile, but my wife couldn’t on hers or the laptop.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
October is as far as much can see Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BRi87, press on the latest date available and then scroll right once selected.

Flights booked for January - more expensive than last year, but lower hold baggage charge (£14 each way) cancelled out some of the increase.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 11-04-19 6:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2 lots booked by 5.50, back door quite handy, seemed to fill quite strangely. I was on laptop as my emergency internet in France (the broken cable is below a piste!!) only allows one device at a time.
Boing, time for bed said Zebedee
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Call me organised but that's me got half term flights & car hire in the bag £515 all in for a family of 4, chuffed.
snow report
All flights booked. Total came in 15% more than last year.
snow report
All done! 28th Dec to 4th Jan Gatwick to Munich and vice versa - family of 4, circa £350 with two 23Kg cases!!
snow conditions
We have already bought our half term flights with BA using Flightpass for Turin. This came to £774 for the family of 4 giving us two sets of return flights. I was wondering if we should have waited for EasyJet’s release.

I ran the price at 6:20 £1334 for the family of 4 picking flight time based on price not on convenience / equivalent to the times we already have! I also didn’t pay to select seats.

Shocked

Anybody know What time were they actually available to buy?
snow conditions
I've decided to release half-term 2020 on a Wed - Wed rather than a Sat - Sat.

That way kids can be out of school for the 6 sessions (3 days) consecutively without risk of a fine... airports are quieter and flights are cheaper.

I may have now shot myself in the foot as Easyjet are not offering flights on a Wednesday from London to Salzburg!!
I think Munich (just over 2 hours away) is the cheapest option at a whopping £35 each way.
Ryanair have Wednesday flight for under £100 return, so I guess there is still a direct to Salzburg option.

....just a bit annoyed as I've waited yonks for these bloomin' flight dates!
ski holidays
What is this "back door" being referred to?
snow conditions
@trmacc, as the flights are released, you can gain a few minutes as the colossal amount of data loads into a displayable format. Click on the latest day available and then when the 3 day view appears just click the right arrow to get to your date. You can also select the 3 week view to assist with this. Only gains you a few moments though!!
snow conditions
Booked our Feb half term flights MAN -Milan, sat to sun at 6am, 3 rtns plus 3 x 23kg bags sub £380, very happy with that, Jet2 yesterday MAN -Turin was £1284 before bags, £900 saving for an extra 30mins Drive seems OK to me.
ski holidays
Hmmmm.

Easyjet . Luton - Innsbruck . Sunday 16th Feb - Sunday 23rd Feb. 2 adults and 2 kids = £ 2665..... Shocked

Easyjet . Luton - Innsbruck . Thursday 13th Feb - Thursday 20th Feb. 2 adults and 2 kids = £ 330... Very Happy

Guess I am taking kids out of school for 2 days !!
ski holidays
@chocksaway, thank you.
latest report
May be hard to find accommodation on the thursday and Friday night... But could be worth the punt.
snow report
Morning everyone

Well done to those that have got bargains this morning! I was wondering if you could give me some advice whilst you're here.

I know flights aren't released for the Easter holidays 2020 yet, but can anyone give me an idea of how much they will be from Manchester - Geneva based on previous experiences?

I have noticed Feb half term has shot up to circa £500pp already which worries me, is the demand as high as this for Easter? I can book with Jet2 already for about £230pp return. Should I take that and run or can I expect them any cheaper when first released with Easyjet later in the year?

Thanks in Advance, Dan.
ski holidays
@DanB234, welcome to snowheads Dan. Tricky one, Easter 2020 is still relatively late but not as bad as this year. You may get cheaper easy flights if you are very quick off the mark, but as their yield management algorithms are very smart I expect they will be a minimum of 85 quid each way, and they will ramp up. Trouble is we are not that well served for the number of flights from MAN to GVA. if jet2 times suit your onward transport then those prices are quite tempting.
latest report
@chocksaway Thanks for the advice. There are 17 of us going and my first time booking a Ski Trip myself. I'm thinking it may be far less stressful for me to take advantage of the group bookings that Jet2 take with a £30pp deposit. We already have the Chalet booked which was a bit of a bargain so the flight prices being more than expected won't hurt us much. flight going out is 6:55, coming home is 11:00 which is quite early. What time will the transfer back to Geneva from Tignes be in a private mini bus if we went with those flights? Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
trmacc wrote:
What is this "back door" being referred to?

You can get in to book flights for dates before the calendar becomes “live” and clickable. There was a 1st February date “live” from well before 6.00am and by using that then scrolling through the 3 week view you could select alternative dates.

I booked GVA flights at 5.45am but the calendar didn’t appear on website until after 6.00am. A bit dearer than last year’s first release for same dates but as someone else says I think the hold baggage is slightly cheaper.
snow report
@Garioch, thank you. Managed to totally miss the release this year as even though I was up at 5.30am my tablet was not refreshing the screen properly so I didn't see the flights until I realised what was happening at 7am! Long drive from Argyll to Manchester for us again half term 2020!
ski holidays
bug, didn’t know about the “back door (ooh err missus)” method, set alarm for 5am, tried again 4more times in 15min intervals until dates became live. By then worked out to about £2k for the 4 of us.
Lucky I am quite happy to self drive, but thought I would see if I could snag a bargain flying!!!!

Will try and remember the cheat method for next time though!!!
latest report
Early worm for our group
£38 in jan to Lyon + £28 for baggage
£350 for a 9 seat minibus
€1800 for chalet

£50 cheaper per person for same trip, resort & chalet as last year

2nd trip will be a last minute thing as it will only be 2 of us
ski holidays
Booked to Geneva.

5 adults / 3 children / 8 cases.

Just shy of £800. Happy with that for Feb half term.
snow report
@DanB234, For a 9 o' clock check in (2 hours is really a minimum at GVA) then I would say a 5am departure, maybe 5.30 as it is early, not sure which day you are on though, 5.30 more likely on a Sunday.

As you are booking 17 you are probably better off with jet2 and dealing with a human. If you went easy and put in 17 on the booking engine then the price quoted would almost certainly higher than if you put in 2, the seat prices often jump up in small blocks. be aware most private transfers are buses of 8, if you were 16 it would be cheaper. There are very few if any mid size coaches for hire (driver rules etc). One option would be 2 book 2 transfer minibuses and then shove 1 person on a shared, snowdrone do shared transfers to a schedule so may be able to accommodate you easily with 16 private and 1 spare!
snow report
I have done a 9am flight from Geneva, but over Easter rather than half term. We left at 5am and were there by 7.
ski holidays
I know I've flagged this in its own thread before, but if Easyjet is >£100/person including bags, and BA serves your route, then worth looking at the BA Flightpass that NickyJ mentioned above.

You have to buy 2 returns per person at that price, so if you only go once in a season, it works out £200/head (approx), but if you could 2+ times/season it can save hundreds of pounds.
ski holidays
Wish I'd known about the back door thing!

I didn't get much sleep last night, as I kept checking to see if the flights were live. The ones I wanted (to Salzburg) finally became available at 6am, but were already approx £400 per person once you add bags. They would have been the most convenient airports for us (both sides) but I know I could get them cheaper, so couldn't bring myself to spend that much.

The Flightpass was good for us this year, so may look again at that for next half-term. It's just annoying that we have to go to Gatwick for it, as it's quite a drive for us.

I'm really impressed at the bargains some of you seem to have got. Sadly none of the Austrian flights ever seem to go as low as that.
snow conditions
Does anyone have any idea when EJ will release April 2020? Looking for Bristol-Grenoble. Cheers
ski holidays
@SHAP Looking at last year it was 20th September so would guess at 19th September this year. It will show up on their site closer to the time though.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release
latest report
@DanB234, Thanks. Fingers crossed for some early morning bargains.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy