Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pain in the back of my knees!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I seem to have stretched ligaments / tendons deep in my knee. At times after skiing, I could hardly walk.
It is now over 6 weeks since skiing, and any brisk or distance walking aggravates the pains in my knees though I am fine around the house or going to the shops and things a day or two later.
Whenever I have had knee problems before they have been patella or front/side area. Any idea what is wrong now? Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.todaynewsup.com/2019/04/19/sore-knee-maybe-you-have-a-fabella/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm. I am not very tall (I fact I'm very short). And have had no problem for the first 60 years of my life.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
60...Arthur Ryetiss?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't think so. Feels more ligament / tendon than bone .......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fluid? Maybe bakers cyst?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No swelling. Just pain, now when I stretch out walking more quickly or uphill. Feels as if I have stretched something that doesn't want to relax back.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hamstring muscle grouping injury? Hamstring tendonitis or strain? Popliteus (sp?) or other muscle strain?

See a physio - much easier to diagnose you and recommend appropriate way forward than a bunch of people t'other end of your WiFi wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It could be Sciatica - my dad’s pain was located in the knee, back of thigh and buttock of his right leg, and he suffered in silence for a long time thinking it was just some kind of sprain. He was bent into an ‘S’ shape compensating for the pain before we finally convinced him to go see a doctor, but he recovered quickly once it was diagnosed and fixed.

Please go see a professional, if only to rule out the silly guesses of well-meaning folks like us!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you been diagnosed with patella pain in the past that is your most likely problem.
The key to getting it sorted is a diagnosis- that means seeing someone who can do that rather than just a scan.

If you want to take a punt on it being patella just see a physio

Jonathan Bell
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy