Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
@ulmerhutte, thats a change from being called too negative Very Happy

Whether you go for wiggly lines https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?geoid=2547&model=gfs&var=201&run=12&lid=ENS&bw=1 skiing specific forecast https://wepowder.com/en/st-anton-am-arlberg#valluga or more a traditional forecast https://www.wetteronline.de/wettertrend/st-anton-am-arlberg they are all suggesting much the same thing for the middle of next week
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty coming, 60cm midweek
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sitter, yes one run (hike from St Chris) back in Basel this afternoon.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, isn’t weird, 92 cm snow forecast this tuesday-wednesday? Still January! Can’t be true!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stanton -I'm intrigued -how do you change the header ,please? I'm guessing that it is something that the only the original poster can do.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@muddewater, OP can change it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quie significant snow Tomorrow and Wednesday should be at least 0.5 Metre upwards !!

Bad News its is turning warm again Thursday --Weekend..so will be rain & snow ...longterm (10days) is looking like snow everyday...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only a few snow showers blowing through so far. Real Snow should start a bit later and go on all day tomorrow ..

It will be extremely windy upto 95km p/hr gusts so most likely some lifts closed.

Last Weekend, some sad news out of Theos Taverne Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Last Weekend, some sad news out of Theos Taverne

@stanton, yep very sad, RIP
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The wind has come up. Not that cold temperature-wise. It actually feels a bit humid.

Schindler and the Valluga lifts are currently closed.

PS (2 hours later): a violent storm blew in around 12pm. Left a Gampen and could not see squat. Many lifts closed. Skied off Fang for over an hour, getting fresh turns just about every run. The storm has now eased, but I suspect that most closed lifts will stay that way.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wednesday is gonna be ‘interesting’: 67 cm snow within 24h according to Bergfex/ZAMG
Sounds like roadclosures...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29 wrote:
Quote:

Last Weekend, some sad news out of Theos Taverne

@stanton, yep very sad, RIP

Indeed. Funeral was today. Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fair bit of fresh snow came down when the storm came in. Arrived pretty quickly too, one minute it was fine, happily pottering along between the bottom of the Fang chair and the Mulden lift, next minute the wind picks up and the poor kids were starting to be blown backwards!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some up to date information requested. I have not been to the Alberg for two years. Will be in St Christoph in 5 weeks time and would like to know if it is quicker to travel to Lech by post bus or to use the new lift system. Also any mountain restaurant recommendations greatly appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation of your advice.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@peter w, Quicker? Relax your on vacation take the lifts, what is the hurry?...Thats is why they build lifts and you pay for them Very Happy

Postbus is additional cost...
latest report
@peter w, The bus is far quicker. From St C. it's 6 lifts (at least) to get to Lech. It's all good skiing (except for the run down to Zug which can get pretty horrible if snow is thin), but if you want to get to Lech early the bus is much quicker.
snow report
This weather is right bang on cue Could do with 3 days of sun next week though Cool
snow report
https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/lech-austria-design-travel-guide
snow report
@peter w, as sah says, bus is quicker but can get busy. Alternative is to ski to Zuers (Christophbahn, Schindler/Arlenmaehder, Flexen) and jump on one of the free blue busses from by the bottom station of the Trittkopf through to Lech.

Mountain restaurant wise, Der Wolf in Lech is good, likewise the grill place at the top of the Trittkopf. Plenty of good places in Oberlech. On the St Anton side, the Taja just above St C is good, as is Krazy Kangaruh. TBH, not had a bad meal anywhere on the mountain.
snow conditions
@peter w, it depends on your objective/s. Do you want to spend time cruising between the various areas/villages or is there a special reason to get to Lech early?

It also depends on the time of day. If you are on first/early lifts, it will not that long to ski over.
latest report
u@ulmerhutte, Just trying to maximise skiing time rather than lift riding. Thanks again.
ski holidays
@Sitter, Are you sure about the KK? I've heard it said that the food is good. I went a couple of years ago and it was pretty poor, borderline crap to be honest. Poor service too.
ski holidays
peter w wrote:
u@ulmerhutte, Just trying to maximise skiing time rather than lift riding. Thanks again.

If you take the lifts to Lech you do a lot of skiing Smile
ski holidays
@sah, Food was very good for the price in the KK upto 1-2 yrs ago but they have raised their prices quite considerably...so therefore no longer the value for money...

St Anton … Burgers & Cheap French Fries served with traditional Food... Sad Sad Sad
Lech Zurs … Only Tradition Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@stanton,
Lech offers more than traditional food.
You might wanna check the Almhof, the Griggeler Stube, the Klösterle or the Schualhus in Zug..

Lech has some of Austria’s best restaurants....
snow conditions
@Langerzug, i do know.
snow report
Big dump overnight, blasting started 6.30am, a big day ahead. Snowing heavily, winter is definitely back. snowHead
snow conditions
sah wrote:
@Sitter, Are you sure about the KK? I've heard it said that the food is good. I went a couple of years ago and it was pretty poor, borderline crap to be honest. Poor service too.

Not eaten there myself, but have had plenty of guests and colleagues who have eaten there and enjoyed it. The vegan burger in particular seems to get very good reviews.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
Big dump overnight, blasting started 6.30am, a big day ahead. Snowing heavily, winter is definitely back. snowHead

I wouldn't say winter is back, more like winter has arrived!
snow conditions
Kudos to ABB... announcement this morning that from 1 Feb, the main access lifts will open at 8:30am. Based on last year’s experience, that will greatly help dissipate the first-lift, morning scrum.

The Tirol is up to Av Risk 4. No great surprise. I expect there will be a delayed opening this morning.

PS: I was somewhat intrigued to see the groomers heading up the Galzig yesterday around 2pm. Early start on the night’s work or something different.
snow report
In the olden days (20+ yearsa ago) many runs would not be groomed after a storm. These days that doesn't seem to happen, even Kandahar is flattened it seems. Are there any pistes that are left untouched? I'm thinking after this storm I don't want to rush in to real off piste (except areas I know well like Bachseit perhaps), but an open ungroomed piste first thing tomorrow might be a good idea. E.g. any chance over in Stuben perhaps, where it's been closed since yesterday?
latest report
@sah, the various ski routes? I know some such as Schindlerkar do get some grooming but most are left untouched, the runs down to St Christoph from Galzig? I guess it might be a while before some of them open due to the avi risk.
snow report
@munich_irish, yeah, ski routes are probably the best bet if/when they open. I was just getting nostalgic for the good old days when they seemed to only groom nursery slopes in St Anton Smile
latest report
@sah, grooming happens when lifts are closed. They start at 4pm, and go on until all pistes have been groomed.
If snowfall sets in or continues after that at night, you can find pistes with a fresh ungroomed layer on top of the groomed piste the next morning.
Sometimes (at least I know about this in Lech) they will have an extra round of grooming on the most used pistes on those early mornings to prevent early moguls coming up.
snow report
sah wrote:
@munich_irish, yeah, ski routes are probably the best bet if/when they open. I was just getting nostalgic for the good old days when they seemed to only groom nursery slopes in St Anton Smile

Gosh, when was that? I have been skiing the Arlberg for 18 years and the pistes have always been groomed.

A storm burst has just come through, resulting in the Galzig chairs being closed. It put a few people on Osthang; people who might have preferred to not be on that bumps run.
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, that must have been a challenge for a lot of folk, much more difficult than Kandahar. Surely the ski school groups were not struggling down?
latest report
@munich_irish, I don’t how long it was between when they started announcing the closure and actually did it. I was on my way down when I heard the announcement, but was intending to ski Osthang, so it did not bother me. There were however a lot of people milling around the bottom of Osthang Einfarht, and many more on Osthang. Did not notice any school groups.
snow conditions
snow report
ski holidays
They should have Schindler open by tomorrow ready for the WARM Weekend !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy