Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
Pistes are not Crowded..there never crowded you just got to find your line and go for it !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:

Long periods (days) of regular February snowfalls...

I suspect you have been spending too long in the Mooser or KK, or perhaps the Mondscheinstüberl. Even the quickest check of the weather runes shows that currently there is no sign of any long period of snowfall on the agenda. More likely is more of the dry sunny weather we have at the moment continuing well into February Sad Some snow and the end of January beginning of February seems possible but not shutting the roads level of snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@munich_irish, You need to of spent more seasons to understand the weather in the region Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What’s the base like at the moment? Out next weekend
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stanton, please enlighten us, why the road closures last year were in january, and february mostly sunny?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DanFuller wrote:

The pistes are in pretty good condition, considering there has been only 1 snowfall in 2 weeks, of maybe 10cm, and sunny, mild weather. A few are littered with stones, eg Madloch-Zug, top of Zürsertali, and Jazzi, presumably from snow farming.

The off-piste is highly variable. There are still some pockets of decent snow, but it has largely been tracked out and/or sun-baked.

Bottom line: still plenty of good skiing and good times to be had.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Langerzug wrote:
@stanton, please enlighten us, why the road closures last year were in january, and february mostly sunny?

...and ditto the year before, if I remember correctly.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ulmerhutte, @Langerzug, I think you both know the answer!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

The off-piste is highly variable. There are still some pockets of decent snow, but it has largely been tracked out and/or sun-baked.

Plenty in the North facing bowls - Hinter Rendl today Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@geoffers, don't spoil the trolls fun by actually being in resort and posting real info/pics!!

PS looks very nice!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ulmerhutte wrote:
DanFuller wrote:

The pistes are in pretty good condition, considering there has been only 1 snowfall in 2 weeks, of maybe 10cm, and sunny, mild weather. A few are littered with stones, eg Madloch-Zug, top of Zürsertali, and Jazzi, presumably from snow farming.

Bottom line: still plenty of good skiing and good times to be had.

Stones?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Did Madloch - Zug yesterday (Monday), there is a sign up warning about stones, but to be honest it's in great conditition. A few small pebbles are evident but I wouldn't let it stop me.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic skiing in Lech right now. Pistes in excellent condition, plenty powder still to be had too. (Don’t know how to post photos on here).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DanFuller, yup, stones, pebbles, etc... the sort of small rocks that give your base a little more structure when you ski over them. I hope i however did not give the impression that the pistes are in anything but great condition... there are just a few spots that I mentioned where you need to watch out.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ulmerhutte wrote:
@DanFuller, yup, stones, pebbles, etc... the sort of small rocks that give your base a little more structure when you ski over them. I hope i however did not give the impression that the pistes are in anything but great condition... there are just a few spots that I mentioned where you need to watch out.

I’ve had a look at the webcams and it seems okish

What I have noticed is the amount of available accomadation still. Is it quiet?
ski holidays
Bernardo wrote:
Did Madloch - Zug yesterday (Monday), there is a sign up warning about stones, but to be honest it's in great conditition. A few small pebbles are evident but I wouldn't let it stop me.

We did it last week and were locating the Madloch lift when some local skiers told us it was very rocky. We skied it anyway, expecting the snow to disappear round the next corner - amazingly it never did Smile There were some pebbles but honestly I've skied pisted runs with more.

I was really impressed with the piste conditions all week - only on our last day (Friday) were they beginning to look a little bare in places and hopefully the small fall on Saturday has refreshed them for a few days. Chapeau to the pisteurs.
ski holidays
@DanFuller, I had no great problem finding a room for the weekend but there was not a lot of choice, nothing in central St Anton (or at least nothing at a sensible price) and I stayed in Pettneu, which I generally prefer. It is pretty much what I would expect mid January. Finding a room for my next visit in a couple of weeks is likely to be more difficult.
snow report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Langerzug wrote:

...and ditto the year before, if I remember correctly.

Come on, you can't let simple things like facts get in the way! And yes, the closures the past 2 years have been in January, was looking at a photo just yesterday from 2 years ago, such a difference in the amount of snow.

Having said that, as people are saying, the pistes are in fantastic condition at the moment and it's not too busy. It's weekends that seem to fill up at the moment rather than people coming for week long stays.
ski holidays
Monday was a noticeably busier than last week, but yesterday and today have been very quiet. People taking a long weekend?

The only queues today were at lift open on N’Bahn and around 11am on the Auenfeldjet.

Beautiful sunny day, but quite warm.

Still some very enjoyable off piste to be found. Taken last Friday, near the Salober ski area:

ski holidays
Taken today (Wed) on the galerie o/p run North from Zürser See snowHead
snow report
All day in Warth today, simply amazing. Powder perfect and pistes in excellent shape.
snow conditions
Zurs today outstanding, super quiet and snow is quality. If you are out here soon you are in for a treat, folks nowhere to be seen because the conditions are so poor..... Laughing slopes empty, secret pow holding up and sunny/ cold - not much more to say....well apart from snow all next week when we’re around to Anton and that’s no bad thing!
snow report
Interesting that the lift open queue at N’Bahn was down the stairs and out into the street. I thought that maybe a horde of long-weekenders had blown in, but if that was the case, they then disappeared somewhere unknown. That was the last crowd I saw today.

Spent the day between Warth/Schröcken, Lech, & Zürs. As said by @Markymark29, super quiet. Perfect spring weather.
snow report
@ulmerhutte, last year early March I noticed same queues at Nasserein, and much less at Galzig/Gampen. I reckon it's due to N-bahn being the only local solution for going up for the whole area plus the folks arriving by bus from Pettneu.
This January Galzig and Gampen had no real queues
snow report
@ulmerhutte, same on Saturday, I got there at 08:45 with big queue. By the time I had picked up my skis and bought lift pass the queue had all but disappeared. I guess the buses all arrive just before 08:45 but then there is a 15 minute or so gap.
snow conditions
Busses have a big impact on the queues at Nasserein. The main Pettneu bus and the Flirsch bus only stop at Out, so most people from those enter the ski area at Nasserein rather than jumping on to the other Pettneu bus which waits to take them to West. Likewise a lot of people on the St Jakob busses also get off at Nasserein rather than going through to West. Key is to arrive just before the busses.
latest report
Yup, if you arrive just after the Linie 2 St Jakob buses, then you will be behind an instant crowd, let alone what is coming streaming across from Terminal Ost.
snow conditions
Take the Bus to Rendl .. It always has the best early morning dry snow...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/5IMchQeYVTM
ski holidays
Skied Sonnenkopf today. What a beautiful, relaxed ski area. Great atmosphere. Pistes in fantastic condition and very few people out. Powder still to be found.

I should also mention the food at the main restaurant: wide choice, very fair prices, and yummy! The bathrooms shade some in Zürs/Lech, eg even Balmalpe.

latest report
Warth all day again, fantastic
snow report
@ulmerhutte, yes its a good quality fair priced mountain restuarant..

Allways ask for the "Tagesgerichte" (any mountain hut) this is the best food (not fries or burgers) quality and cheap..
ski holidays
Saturday tourists clearing out, slopes calm ..cloud and partially flat light up higher….

Next Week SNOW !!!
latest report
Another Cafe will be closing its doors ..
Jules and many ski bums (apartments) are being thrown out...lease terminated

I believe Jules is searching for a new location ..we will see..
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Next Week SNOW !!!

The forecast I saw suggested the storm was coming from south-west. If that eventuates, then it is unlikely to deliver a lot. That said, any top-up would be welcome. A few cafe-latte pistes starting to appear, especially in Zürs.

I imagine the win by Mathias Mayer will prompt some celebrating in town tonight - not that an excuse seems to be needed!
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Another Cafe will be closing its doors ..
Jules and many ski bums (apartments) are being thrown out...lease terminated

I believe Jules is searching for a new location ..we will see..

And the Chinese will be moving out end of season too, something like the building owners don't want food/drink establishments in the building. Supposedy going to be another sports shop rolling eyes

Will be a shame as Jules is a nice sport for a quiet, relaxed drink or two at the end of the day.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Saturday tourists clearing out, slopes calm ..cloud and partially flat light up higher….

Next Week SNOW !!!

You actually been up today? Yes lots of tourists arriving/leaving, but still pretty busy on the slopes, especially heading in the usual direction. Car parks were still full. Seem to be a lot more weekenders around this season, noticeable on the busses in the morning, pretty quiet Mon, Tue, Wed, little busier on a Thurs, and then busiest on a Fri, Sat, Sun.
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, the current tea leaf reading suggests weather from north west / west on Tuesday & Wednesday, below zero temperatures and moderate snowfall. There might even be a short "nordstau" effect. After that the prognosis is not so positive probably back to dry and sunny maybe very mild for a day or two early February
snow conditions
@stanton, thats a shame, no so many spots with decent beer (Augustiner) also that are relatively quiet.
snow report
@munich_irish, I prefer your forecast! Happy

I got mine from the snow-forecast website email.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy