Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
Great News … Audi Driving Experience shut down by State Environment Lawyer

https://www.tt.com/artikel/16521575/kein-rechtskraeftiger-naturschutzbescheid-aus-fuer-audi-eispiste-in-st-anton
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
.... State Environment Lawyer...

...perfect job label for a Woke Scold.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For all you folks asking about conditions or snow to town etc this should give you an good idea...

http://youtube.com/v/LYc-7B4oIeQ
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ladies FIS Europa Cup up on Rendl !

https://www.arlbergkandaharrennen.com/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A sign on one of the N’Bahn gondolas states that St Anton will host an FIS downhill and GS on 9 & 10 Jan 2021. Not a positive for me... it is the weekend we are likely to arrive in 2021, so we will land in the middle of a circus.

Today: fantastic day. Blue skies, cool-cold first up, then mild, and deserted pistes and lift queues. Wonderful!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ulmerhutte, It is Ladies DownHill ...although popular it never attracts the 100000+ spectators that the Mens Downhill does....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stanton, but I imagine they will limit access to some slopes anyhow. Saw that last December in Val d'Isere
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@drporat, Only the course ..everyone skis down to the side .. the fang tunnnel opens.....
Whatever there are more Austrians hiking up the Fang with ruksaks of bier and schnaaps than tourist skiers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ÖBB organise lots more Speciial Trains from Vienna & Bregenz .....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
104 mm it is !!!

ZAG S104.188

we are skiing fun stuff on Sunday.Monday !!!

I know ... could be wrong and all Sad

But is am sticking with 104mm
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
@drporat, Only the course ..everyone skis down to the side .. the fang tunnnel opens.....
Whatever there are more Austrians hiking up the Fang with ruksaks of bier and schnaaps than tourist skiers

I like this country more and more...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowfall Saturday will not be that significant certainly not 1 metre ….. More like an accumulation of around 25-40 cms (max)

It will become Wintry Cold for in the Evenings for a few days dropping down to -15C... Daytimes we should remain just below freezing in the valley.

I think we have to wait until February for the next consistent and hopefully massive dump...which unfortunately comes with closures all over the area...

Bring it ON !! Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is not a promotion or plug.. Just for folks to understand the quality of accommodations in the Arlberg Region

http://youtube.com/v/dD2nVyu3-UA
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, It just so happens that I'm staying at the Hotel Mondschein over the Easter weekend. Looking forward to a few days based in Stuben before finishing a week or so in St Anton. snowHead

(Not forgetting Strolz's Sale in Lech...… Toofy Grin )
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
https://www.meinbezirk.at/tirol/c-lokales/15-bis-30-zentimeter-neuschnee-am-wochenende_a3869403
ski holidays
We are expecting some quite high wind gusts tomorrow so maybe some lift closures up higher.
snow conditions
A light dusting of snow on the deck this morning.

Zürs is probably not the place to be this morning because of the lift/piste closures for Der Weiße Ring - Das Rennen.
ski holidays
As above..

All lifts running in St Anton this morning..

Will brighten up latee today
snow report
There has been some snow in the last 12 hours or so, definitely cheered up the pistes. It was pretty claggy most of the day though the weather is now bright with broken clouds above the summits (annoyingly watching the Lauberhorn in perfect weather at lunchtime). Pistes are OK, thin layer of powder on a hardpacked base though not the squeaky packed powder normal for this time of year. They could well be better tomorrow after the new snow is bashed in. Off piste seemed pretty hard from my limited excursions not really enough snow fallen to change things.
snow report
Very enjoyable skiing today. Hard to tell how much new snow came down, but I would guess around 10cm.
ski holidays
Wintery cold early this morning trek upto Galzig...Snow is pristine down to the valley....

This cold will only last a couple of says and then another High Pressure warm front will hit us for an extended period.....end of Jan
ski holidays
Some very nice powder still to be found in pockets of Bachseite and Zwischen.

Typical Sunday crowds, too many of them with white line fever, in the morning. The numbers fell off noticeably as the afternoon progressed.
snow report
It was definitely cold today. Weather not too bad except for cloud blowing up from the Klostertal bringing some very light snowfall. Pistes were good above the mid stations, squeaky with a layer of wind blown powder. Lower down the surface became rather porridge like on a hard base as the day wore one. Conditions should be good for a few days but of course more snow will be needed before too long. I still cannot see what the point is of the new top station for the Schindlerbahn. The red run down from the original top station is hardly "expert only" territory, I can see that some might find it a challenge (they would find the rest of the run a challenge too) but is it really worth extending the lift just for those few?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 19-01-20 19:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
I still cannot see what the point is of the new top station for the Schindlerbahn. The red run down from the original top station is hardly "expert only" territory, I can see that some might find it a challenge (they would find the rest of the run a challenge too) but is it really worth extending the lift just for those few?

Much less crowded at the top of Schindler. You could access directly to the Mattun, that's a good point also. And marginally, you could return from vallugalift directly without skiing.

In my opinion, the new lift is a good improvement.
snow report
Cloud in the valley will burn off and the rest of the week will be perfect blue sky .. Prima Winter Conditions.
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, whats white line fever? Never heard that before...
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/q8XdFR6r5_U
snow conditions
Probably the most important video the Tourist Office has ever posted …

http://youtube.com/v/TM4UAb4f2bg
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shiva_71 wrote:

Aussie slang. Not sure how widespread. The best definition I found is:

Quote:
An Australian term to describe the radical change in a person’s behavior when they start playing sports, aka stepping over the ‘white line’. The radical change can result in a normally mild mannered individual, becoming aggressive, loud and extremely competitive maybe even violent during gameplay, once the game is over they go back to their usual mild mannered self.

https://www.azdictionary.com/urban-dictionary/definition/White%20Line%20Fever
latest report
Here is some more info from the Police on the "fail to stop" suspect in the accident/collision in Oberlech last Friday

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/c-lokales/skiunfall-mit-fahrerflucht-in-lech-am-arlberg_a3873750
ski holidays
ulmerhutte wrote:
shiva_71 wrote:

Quote:
An Australian term to describe the radical change in a person’s behavior when they start playing sports, aka stepping over the ‘white line’. The radical change can result in a normally mild mannered individual, becoming aggressive, loud and extremely competitive maybe even violent during gameplay, once the game is over they go back to their usual mild mannered self.

Have heard it referred to as "powder fever" in relation to skiing. Does my head in, seen plenty of very near misses as people hit the powder with even bigger binders on than usual, cutting on to the piste without any regard to those around them.
latest report
ulmerhutte wrote:
shiva_71 wrote:

Quote:

Ah ok. Nah dont buy that, Austrians are like that all the time. Lived here 16 years. Spatial awareness is not amongst their strongpoints. They seem to work on a "I reserve the right to pay zero attention to my surroundings/where i am walking/driving, but its your fault if we bump into each other". Maybe its a Vienna thing Smile
ski holidays
[quote="shiva_71"]
ulmerhutte wrote:
shiva_71 wrote:

Ah ok. Nah dont buy that, Austrians are like that all the time. Lived here 16 years. Spatial awareness is not amongst their strongpoints. They seem to work on a "I reserve the right to pay zero attention to my surroundings/where i am walking/driving, but its your fault if we bump into each other". Maybe its a Vienna thing Smile

It's not just Austrians. Canadians, and Americans have the same narrow field of view when they are skiing powder.
snow conditions
[quote="Toadman"]
shiva_71 wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:
shiva_71 wrote:

It's not just Austrians. Canadians, and Americans have the same narrow field of view when they are skiing powder.

Plenty of other nationalities can be added to that list too.
latest report
I take it from the tenor of these discussions that the pistes are very over crowded again?
snow report
@mcg, they were not crowded on Sunday, busier than Saturday but no big queues or unpleasantly busy pistes. Unfortunately there is always a minority of idiots who assume the entire ski area is just for their own personal use, when there is fresh powder lying around it does seem to bring out the worst in a few.
snow conditions
@mcg,

Its Low Season
snow report
Towards the end Of January will bring a change in situation..

Long periods (days) of regular February snowfalls...

February is traditionally Avalanche month...towns closed off ...lockdowns

Bring it on !!!
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

Long periods (days) of regular February snowfalls...
!

Is that a cow forecast? Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
mcg wrote:
I take it from the tenor of these discussions that the pistes are very over crowded again?

Wouldn't say crowded, just seems to have been more than the fair share of idiots about...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy