Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
A cellar filled with magnum bottles...a typical reason to go broke...(on top of a megalomanic building project)
And so it happened...now the Hospiz is owned by a Vienna real estate company, anxiously trying to sell their old wines so it seems...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just checking as I’m staying in Stuben from tomorrow. Flexenbahn can be used to download and get me back to Stuben right?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, Download from Zürs..Yes… Then you have to ski down (easy) to Stuben.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, can? You must.
There is no alternative, it’s how the connection is conceived, Flexenbahn as up and download.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Langerzug, well I assume the buses run so it’s not a must?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kitenski, nothing wrong with the Flexenbahn. However if you end the day skiing in Lech / Warth you might be better off spending the €3 to get the bus back to Stuben. The route from Lech to Stuben is mostly spent on lifts with pretty straight forward skiing in between, hardly the highpoint of a trip to the Arlberg. Lech is not an unpleasant place for an end of day beer / coffee and it is only around 20 minutes on the bus back to Stuben, no need to check for last lift times etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish,thanks, doesn’t look like the links to warth have been open when I’ve checked briefly today and yesterday. Good to know I can get a bus if necessary, cheers! The other option is to drive to Zurs is there still free parking to the right of the road?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, yep.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, the wind is forecast to be much less over the next few days so the higher lifts which have been closed should open again.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
looking good for snow at the weekend
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mk28, +1.....game on for 27th when we arrive!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton wrote:
drporat wrote:
Folks, any recommendations for good evening restaurants in St. Anton at a reasonable price?

What a is reasonable price to you?

A main dish will be minimum €15-20 in the cheapest of places.

Good question, everything is relative. Reasonable compared to others in the same town. I never felt the need for a eye watering wine list and menu in a posh place and never enjoyed expensive dishes in small portions in hype locations.
A normal place to eat with some chance of meeting locals and not a tourist trap, but still sitting at a table. Not a Doner Kebap on pita bread (Unless I'm in Istanbul or Greece and it arrives with yoghurt dressing)
Many thanks to those who gave their recommendation.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Langerzug wrote:
A cellar filled with magnum bottles...a typical reason to go broke...(on top of a megalomanic building project)
And so it happened...now the Hospiz is owned by a Vienna real estate company, anxiously trying to sell their old wines so it seems...
"Du bist noch nicht am Arlberg gewesen bis du eine Grossflasche Wein and der Hospitzalm getrunken hast..." What utter Tosh! I have never felt the urge to drink a magnum of wine anywhere, let alone the Hospitzalm, and I consider myself to have been on the Arlberg many many times! No wonder the guy went bust.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
First day today, skied around Stuben, St Anton and Zurs. Snow a bit thin in places with some bare earth on some pistes. Not bad for the time of year and the warm spell!

snow over in Zurs didn’t seem as good, seems a bit thinner. Muggengrat had the best snow on it as I’d hoped!

Just looking at what’s open, doesn’t look like I can ski from Stuben to Lech? So I’d need to drive to Lech if I want to ski there? Is the free car park at the bottom of Schlosskopfe still there?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Schlosskopf car park isn't free per se, you get a ticket at the barrier and then when you come to leave, as you head back to the car you stick it in the machine, and if you have a Ski Arlberg lift pass that has been used in the Lech area that day, you swipe that against the machine and it validates the ticket for free. Otherwise, free blue bus from Zuers to Lech.
ski holidays
@kitenski, get the blue ski bus from Zürs, it stops outside the Trittkopfbahn, they run every 10 minutes and takes (less than) 10 minutes to Lech. Madloch is a great run but if for whatever reason you dont want to ski it (lack of snow, too many people etc) the bus is actually quicker to get to the Lech skiing. I know it sounds counter intuitive but even if everything is open it is a long way from Zürs to Lech on skis, with long slow chairs at both Madloch and Zug. If you want to spend time at Warth the bus is probably the best option. I dont mind it but I suspect some see the lack of connections between Zürs and Lech as a negative for the ski area, after all there is little difference sitting on a bus to plodding and queuing for the Rüfikopfbahn.

When I was there recently the snow was better on the Hexenboden side than on the Zürsersee side though I didnt get to ski Täli as I didnt realise it had opened.
ski holidays
@munich_irish, you are correct, it does take a lot of time and the lift from Zug reminds me of french Poma metal lifts, but Madloch ski road was one of the prettiest in Arlberg. A pity to miss if the snow coverage is reasonable.
I remember especially the 2nd half in between the trees ( I was told someone from the Royal Dutch family was killed in an avalanche there, a few years ago)
snow conditions
Madloch is shut currently so no way of skiing to Lech.
snow report
@kitenski, I hope you'll stay long enough to do it. If not, you'll probably return to do it... and other routes. Blush
snow conditions
@drporat, no, the Dutch prince was not caught at Madloch, it was at Liezen-Zuger Tobel
latest report
@drporat, I’ve done it many times!
snow report
@kitenski,
Blue bus connecting Lech with Alpe Rauz stopped since Flexenbahn.
Only yellow postbus remains
snow report
Ok so the best option is to drive to Lech as I thought then! Thanks all.
snow conditions
@kitenski, park in Zurs and jump on the blue bus to Lech
ski holidays
@Markymark29, what benefit does that get me??
snow conditions
@kitenski, easier parking and end of day return. Personally I’d leave your car in Stuben and use the buses but if you want to drive i certainly wouldn’t be driving into Lech.
snow report
There are such things as ski lifts and they do work between Stuben and Zürs? They even work between Zürs and Lech though the current snow conditions make things a bit more difficult.....
snow report
for Oberlech and Warth, parking in Lech is obviously best. Especially when Madloch is closed...
‘Driving into Lech’ is not really that horrible is it....??? rolling eyes Puzzled
A bit too much virtual drama here currently...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Indeed. Just park in Lech if that's where you want to ski. Makes for a more relaxing day as you don't have to worry about bus/last lift times.
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
There are such things as ski lifts and they do work between Stuben and Zürs? They even work between Zürs and Lech though the current snow conditions make things a bit more difficult.....

Whilst there are such things as ski lifts the ability to use them is the key factor.

Madloch is shut, no way to ski from Zurs to Lech unless you know some other mystical route???
snow report
Still too warm, 5 degrees as I drove thru Zurs this morning. Headed to Warth snow pretty good there but it’s picking up the brunt of the southerly wind, so heading back to Lech where there was no wind this morning!

Signs saying the link might shut early and it’s just stopped whilst I’m on it!!

Everywhere is going to good if this weekends storm delivers what the forecasts are saying.
ski holidays
@kitenski, definitely no buses between Lech and Warth Very Happy (or at least not in the winter)
ski holidays
@munich_irish, I’m well aware of that hence scarpering back quickly!!
snow report
Quote:

A bit too much virtual drama here currently...

@Langerzug, If you're referring to me and my advice to park in Zurs rather than Lech? Then my comment is pretty clear, imo why drive into Lech if you can park up in Zurs, and jump on the free bus. Personally i'd use the lifts S1 and then up and over Trittkopf from Rauz but if he wants to drive then why drive into Lech and have the hassle of car parks etc is my view?

No drama imo, snows coming thats all.....he's there in less than perfect conditions, and has asked for peoples opinions, not that dramatic is it?
snow conditions
@Markymark29,no hassle at all, simple drive, free parking in Lech and straight onto the lifts! All good!
ski holidays
@Markymark29, think you need to be more precise: there is absolutely no snow coming today, nor tomorrow. It’s summer in the Alps.

Parking in Zürs, coming from as far as Stuben..., to get on a bus to Lech, that is hassle!
snow report
Little video from playing around with GoPro Max.

http://youtube.com/v/P6Pfp-Tn7Wk
ski holidays
@kitenski, the snow looks a bit thin or is that just the spot where you shot the video?
latest report
@munich_irish, yup it’s definitely thin in many places. Some bare patches on piste.
ski holidays
Snow Sunday

Rain probably Monday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy