Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
@Markymark29, have spent whole days doing nothing else but go up and down Schindler! Love it, particularly the runs past the end of the top station, right in picture, on the left as the chair (used to) come over the ridge... but since the advent of fat skis and snowboards everyone else has the same idea Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Steilhang, Hopefully it may be quieter now on, if most stay on the gondola.....wonder if they'll remove the orange netting on the first one, that entry is a bit sketchy. Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Currently raining to 2500M
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Steilhang, Hopefully it may be quieter now on, if most stay on the gondola.....wonder if they'll remove the orange netting on the first one, that entry is a bit sketchy. Laughing

Yup. Have watched people trying all sorts of approaches to get over that netting and decided that was not for me. As one famous movie cop said, “A good man knows his limitations...”.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fohn on the way for early November
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://vorarlberg.orf.at/stories/3019546/
Zürs is serious candidate for a new WorldCup parallel-slalom to be held mid november 2020.
A new event in the FIS calendar early season, after Sölden.
Decision next 23 november.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/LD9osgz803Y?t=29

Whatever happens with the orange netting, is it still going to be possible to get round the building, where before, once you get over the netting you then step up to go under the side of the building to get to the front of Schindler directly under the chair?

At the 0.29s mark on that youtube video doesn't look promising or are there stairs and maybe a new easier way?

Gonna miss waving to random buddies coming up the chair just before dropping into the couloirs plus I'm sure the Scandinavians are going to miss jumping off the chair just before it reaches the top Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Windskisurf, have not done it for some time, but last time I did it there was no netting, just a small fence that you climbed over and walked along the side of the building... But like I say, last time was a while ago, maybe 18 years or so
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking promising this week, cold too....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have snow down to the Moose !!

approx. 30cms up on Galzig & UlmerHütte
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is there any info on the opening dates of Stuben (snow permitting)?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski, do you mean Albona 1 lift or new gondola, or the village itself?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Markymark29, I meant when do the lifts turn so if I stayed there I could ski!
ski holidays
30th Nov lifts start but thats normally just Galzigbahn & Osthang.
ski holidays
Thanks all, but surely they have a planned roll out of villages/lifts opening? The st anton website takes me to the summer site for Stuben!!
latest report
@kitenski, It's snow volume dependent and also they want to let the snow build up prior to opening at Stuben and Rendl hence they are always last, Gampen and Galzig first. Its normal for Rendl to open just before Christmas and Stuben week before. They need more snow for Rendl and Stuben and they dont have many punters pre-Christmas so concentrate on the main Galzig/ Gampen area first. I'd say if you are wanting to go to stay in Stuben much before Christmas you'd have to accept the potential for bussing to Anton or St C, or get your skins out.
latest report
@Markymark29, I understand that but they also will have a published plan as all other ski resorts do so that staff know when they are due into work, hotels and bars know when to start to plan openings etc etc!

This, for example, is Trois Vallees, I am simply trying to find the same for the Arlberg.

snow report
now found it I think!

Season start: Lech, Oberlech, Zürs, St. Anton, St. Christoph, Stuben: 30.11.2018. Warth-Schröcken and Klösterle-Sonnenkopf: 07.12.2018.

https://www.skiarlberg.at/en/regions/ski-area/st-anton-st-christoph-stuben/tickets-en/seasonal-times
snow report
@kitenski,

I think we are now in 2019. Toofy Grin
Probably taking one day off those days will work i.e. 29.11.2019 & 06.12.19

… as confirmed in this list.
https://at.skiinfo.com/osterreich/saisoneroeffnung-skigebiete.html
ski holidays
@DB, oh for FFS, well spotted! incredibly frustrating to try and find anything official on their site!!
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@DB, oh for FFS, well spotted! incredibly frustrating to try and find anything official on their site!!

Yes it took me a fair while to find a link with this year's opening dates for all the resorts near to St Anton.
latest report
Folks dont forget Lechtal is included on the Ski Pass this season

https://www.skiarlberg.at/en/regions/ski-area/more-skiing-areas-tariff-association

https://www.lechtal.at/fileadmin/userdaten/pdf/Panorama_Lechtal_Winter.pdf
latest report
@kitenski,

The Season Opening & Closing Times are printed on the Ski Lift Tariffs (See my 1st post on page 1 on here)

Can you remove that French ski trash from this board ?
snow report
stanton wrote:
Can you remove that French ski trash from this board ?

Do you deliberately try to be obnoxious with every post or is it natural?
latest report
Folks don't forget Dutchmen (irrespective of where they claim to live) don't decide what is posted on a ski site owned by an Englishman.
latest report
Schindlergrat Today!

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski, the Arlberg has always seemed to be slow in opening the various lifts even when there is plenty of snow. The first week is very much reduced price tickets on the basis that the place is only really partially open. Even after that the tickets are slightly reduced because there is no guarantee the whole place will be open. The lift company do seem to like to have a "flexible" approach to opening. As said elsewhere Ischgl is much more reliable early season however it is always easy to get somewhere to stay at that time so no issue at all just turning up at the resort with the best snow and most lifts open.

PS dont take any notice of Stanton Very Happy
ski holidays
@munich_irish, cheers, I am within a 4 hour drive of Stuben on the 18th Dec so will keep any eye on openings, snowfall etc.
latest report
@kitenski, fingers crossed for good snow
snow report
@kitenski, You'll find plenty of accommodation availability that week, i'd just turn up and see where the best snow is, i'd suggest heading to Anton if youre wanting to stay in resort and skiing Galzig/ Schindler. Grassy slopes will be hopefully open and best area free of sharks early on. Alternatively stay in Lech. You'll not find the level of detail you're after regards phased openings - how do they know, its snow dependent? Like I said somewhere above they open it in a phased cycle to hold snow back for Christmas/ New Year crowds, and in my experience Rendl and Albona are later to open than Galzig/ Gampen/ St C. If you are looking to be totally flexible consider staying in Klosterle and use the buses, or drive up daily to Rauz or Zurs, both free parking - it'll be quiet everywhere.
ski holidays
No snow yet down here in the Village...to warm lower down to turn on the Snowmaking for the valley pistes.

-3-4C up on Galzig so all looking good !!
snow report
snowing in Stuben village...
snow report
It is now snowing down to th valley in Valley in St Anton

Rain down here in Flirsch
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/VoIGM7q7nSA
snow report
They have got those awful environmentally unfriendly ice droplet machines on this morning all the way down to the Valley.. Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Is St. Anton that good in March?...................... leading question...........honesty appreciated................. single lift up seems a pain and no ski back....? Austrian virgin........ Looking at the 'map'.........
ski holidays
@Maersk, single lift up? Don't think so.
Short answer is yes, St. Anton is great in March.
ski holidays
Maersk wrote:
Is St. Anton that good in March?...................... leading question...........honesty appreciated................. single lift up seems a pain and no ski back....? Austrian virgin........ Looking at the 'map'.........

You are looking at a map of St Anton am Arlberg?

Why would you think that there would be only a single lift up and no ski back?

Early to mid-March often has the maximum snow depths for the season. Sure, there are more freeze-thaw days, and fewer powder days, compared to January to mid-February, but you get more sunny days. All good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy