Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
Sarah Connor is a well known star in German speaking Countries ans seeing the opening weekend is targetted to the locala (down to Innsbruck & Munich ) it should be good.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nozawaonsen wrote:
... durch die Nacht... etc. Top stuff!

http://youtube.com/v/7P7FoCiFSxk
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@munich_irish,

Planning will come they need to get a REAL fix on traffic flows from new lift..

Surveying was done years ago ..will need Avi barriers etc

Think piste like Muggengrat Zurs. Still plenty off carpet skiing ..

Just saying...New Mountain Hutte nearby Schindlerumlaufbahn Mountain Station Very Happy

There are Higher priorities for next Two seasons
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stanton, so basically the lift company think it is a good idea but currently do not have, nor have they applied for planning permission. All a bit like the proposed new / old St Christoph to St Anton piste, not to mention the Rendl - Kapall link. I suspect Mattunjoch will remain in its current state for some years to come. As you say plenty of other issues to look at over the next few seasons.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DB, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DB wrote:

Don't try to be a smart 'aarse, I live in Austria

Bit uncalled for, no wonder people are mentioning it's nasty round here, anyway try Besserwisser, Klugscheisser or Schlauberger...... und as they say in my neck of the Wald, e o.

I was just asking if anyone had heard of her 'without resorting to the internet' as in many years of O3, FM4 and Antons apres delights i have not and as such for an opening concert, im not feeling it and was hoping to be reinvigorated by some interesting replies and opinion.

Anyway i have resorted to you tube, you're right that can't be unseen, unheard .... bring back Kim Wilde.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kim Wilde is a regular, skiing in St Anton every season since 1986..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Update on the May 23rd ,,,Helicopter Accident up on Galzig

Just as they were loading the Patient the Pilot suffered an Epileptic Seizure.. The Chopper spun round 270° had lodged into the snowbank..

Prosecutor decision : Nobody is at fault therefore investigation was stopped,"

The further consequence is regrettable for the career of the 42-year-old: He is no longer allowed to fly.

https://www.krone.at/1992476
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Lech, the long awaited/very controversial demolition of the former postoffice and postgarage have started:
http://download.lech.eu/fotogalerie/37kw.html
These demolition works will be completed before the start of winter season, and result in a quite remarkable temporarily open space in the centre of Lech, giving a free view onto the river.
Next spring, here construction of a new "Dorfzentrum" will start, resulting in two separate buildings which will include an underground parking and (un)loading area connected to the Oberlechbahn, a concert/congress hall for up to 700, the tourist office, town hall, shops and restaurants. Also it is hoped to render a better visual connection between the areas on both sides of the curve in Lech's mainstreet (near Hotel Krone)
Architecture will be in a -for Lech up to now unusual- modern style (yet wood cladded) https://gemeinde.lech.eu/fileadmin/t3content/gemeindezentrum/informationen/GZL20192604_SammelmappeA3_Plan_KonzeptentwurfApril2019.pdf
This summer a connecting tunnel between the existing parking underneath the church and the new parking has been prepared
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hsdee wrote:
DB wrote:

Don't try to be a smart 'aarse, I live in Austria

Bit uncalled for, no wonder people are mentioning it's nasty round here, anyway try Besserwisser, Klugscheisser or Schlauberger...... und as they say in my neck of the Wald, e o.

Thought you were comparing me to St Anton and saying he could do better (at getting info from internet sources or cows and posting it as though he was "in the know").

Du Oberschlauberger du. wink

I'm also worried at the trend of music choice fur St Anton's opening concert, who's next ? - Toni Braxton,Celine Dion, Mariah Carey (Shudder)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's wrong with Hubert von Goisern? Presume he turned them down!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Metallica are clearly gearing their repertoire up for ski opening gigs and the Apres Ski scene snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/0HhsBbd4z6Y
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DB, Sarah Connor has played Silvretta a couple of times a Xmas Special in 2005 in Ischgl Pandorama Restauarant & toward the end last season 2019 in Samnaum
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Would prefer to see some Austrian talent at the opening.

http://youtube.com/v/I5AOg8rTGHU
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Perhaps Helene Fischer next, though maybe she fits in better with the Lech demographic Toofy Grin
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/4CVsep8JIfo
snow conditions
Puhdys? Very Happy
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/j_dpa6M_xRI

http://youtube.com/v/LD9osgz803Y
ski holidays
If the load for the new Schindlergratbahn is lower, what happens to the catwalk to Arlenmähder? Will not impact? Realigned? There is not any scope for making it skinnier.
snow conditions
I can only think of the huge queues I experienced last March at the entrance of Arlenmahder

I imagine they will get smaller in any condition
ski holidays
drporat wrote:
I can only think of the huge queues I experienced last March at the entrance of Arlenmahder

I imagine they will get smaller in any condition

I think that was because skiers were channeled that way because Schindergratbahn was not running with powder snow and blue skies beckoned, if I remember correctly. Arlenmahder also connects skiers down to the Flexenbahn. It is rare though that Arlenmahder has such queues.
snow report
I have only seen those sort of queues after a significant powder event, when the upper mountain has been closed until later in the morning. Arlenmähder usually opens before Schindlergratbahn. Suddenly word gets around, “Arlenmähder is loading”, and every man and his dog head over there. Once down at the load, you are pretty much stuck.

@davidthornton, there are only 3 lifts that will get you across Arlensattel, from the StA side, which is needed to get to the Flexenbahn: the 2 mentioned above and Vallugabahn.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, with the Vallugabahn you'll also need the tow. Arlenmahder is a cul de sac and your committed once the queue comes into view, but as I say it's rare.
snow report
Arlenmähder another Off Piste Area destroyed

Bring back the T Bar !
latest report
@davidthornton, @ulmerhutte, you are both correct. They were both closed for a couple of days due to heavy snow, and then they only opened Arlenmahder after 10AM.
This is how I learned to take the first morning bus to Zurs/Lech in those cases.
@davidthornton, if I take the Valluga T-Bar, I'll probably need the 2nd part of the new Schindlergrat to go up and then ski in the direction of Ulmer Hutte etc. So that's the general advantage of the new addition...
snow conditions
@drporat, not sure I am following you. The Valluga T-bar and the top of the new Schindlergratbahn will finish in the same area (as I understand it). You can ski directly to my namesake ( Very Happy ) from the T-bar. Have I missed something?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Arlenmähder another Off Piste Area destroyed

Bring back the T Bar !

I heard a rumour that .... (deleted. No bites.)

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 15-09-19 20:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@drporat, regardless of what lifts are open if I am going over to Zürs I take the bus (I seem to remember it goes at 08:40 from the bus station). Nothing to do with queues or crowded pistes, it is simply the way to get to Zürs just after 09:00 which, unless you drive, is not possible any other way. The time spent sitting on the various lifts is going to be around the same as time spent sitting on the bus. Also no need to be first in the queue for the Galzigbahn. Only downside is missing out on skiing Valgefahr when it is at its best but that is hardly a big deal.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ulmerhutte, not
latest report
@munich_irish, trouble is there's still the old and soo sloow chair at Madloch to endure, if doing the circuit. Rumours vary from a replacement is planned or the terrain is not suitable for anything else.
latest report
@munich_irish, Boom! Ah, popcorn at the ready.....I recall posting same about 2 yeas ago and it kicked off! I agree by the way......first into Zürs.....get ready..... wink
snow report
@davidthornton, not if you’re out early.......lights touch-paper and stands well back...... Laughing
snow report
ulmerhutte wrote:
@drporat, not sure I am following you. The Valluga T-bar and the top of the new Schindlergratbahn will finish in the same area (as I understand it). You can ski directly to my namesake ( Very Happy ) from the T-bar. Have I missed something?

Perfect. Many thanks, I am not familiar with the Valluga area. Another reason to hardly wait till next January
snow report
I believe the descent there is no offloading at the middle station (schindlergeat) Cabins just cruises over the top , straight through and down to the valley ..

There has been a huge amount of ground works/leveling .to access schindlergrat and direction Ulmerhutte
latest report
stanton wrote:
I believe the descent there is no offloading at the middle station (schindlergeat) Cabins just cruises over the top , straight through and down to the valley ..

There has been a huge amount of ground works/leveling .to access schindlergrat and direction Ulmerhutte

Looking at the new map, ski road 86 should start from the middle station.
latest report
@davidthornton, the replacement Madloch lift was put off this year, lets see if it happens next year. Personally I prefer the slow lift (there is a picture somewhere showing long queues 50 years ago) than too many folk on the runs but guess that is a minority view.

@Markymark29, not sure why there should be any argument. It is perfectly true that if you wait too long on busy days there are crowds equally that the lifts dont open early enough to allow folk based in St Anton to get to Zürs much before 09:30 however fast you ski down Valgefahr (Arlenmähder doesnt open until 09:00). If you want to get to Zürs before that either drive or get a bus.
snow report
@munich_irish, +1
latest report
stanton wrote:

That makes sense. I imagine there would be very few people that would ride the Valluga T-Bar, and then want to ski off Schindlergrat, ie download to the middle station.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, Can't really see why anyone would want to download from the Valluga T-Bar to the base of the new Schindlergratbahn either Puzzled
latest report
Steilhang wrote:
@ulmerhutte, Can't really see why anyone would want to download from the Valluga T-Bar to the base of the new Schindlergratbahn either Puzzled

Let’s suppose you arrived to the top of the lift and the weather went to cr&p and you did not feel like skiing down. The issue is that
getting back to the base takes you nowhere particularly useful. You would have to either climb to access Steissbachtal or go down to Arlenmähder.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy