Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
boabski wrote:
The slopes looked soooo quiet compared to the present.

and NO Helmets !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/r4UfGoqkACk
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski wrote:

haha yes, Schindler won't look like that next winter, unless one sunrise hikes it, though Kapall just might.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
boabski wrote:

and NO Helmets !

... and no snowboarders! Toofy Grin

(Oh, and people back then managed to fill just about every chair with 3 passengers.)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ulmerhutte, I never used to understand that either - the lifty stood there and on countless occasions allowed 1-2 people on when there’s a large queue building outside.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, as a lifty, wouldn’t you give up on it too? Is it his/her job to correct antisocial tourists?
Apart from that, let’s face it, a triple chair never was a really good idea regarding optimizing occupancy...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.facebook.com/felbermayr.cc/photos/pcb.2356598561062145/2356584821063519/?type=3&theater
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton hope it is all running to schedule, there could well be snow over 2000m early next week!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow? Wonderful! Am scheduled to start a MTB transalp in St.Anton on the 7th. Maybe I should take my skis instead!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Steilhang, I think more likely some snowflakes around the summits rather than anything serious. Autumn seems due to arrive about beer garden closing time on Sunday evening!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The high altitude Schindlergrat & Vallugagrat stations are well under way (all foundations completed and operating equipment airlifted up) nearly all Pylons installed on whole route. They use a special Helicopter from Switzerland for pylon install.

Checkout the new fotos over here

https://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&start=4625#p5212551
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, without the covering of snow the area around the Schindlergrat and Mattunjoch is a complete moonscape. A lot of rubble needed to create the drag lift track. A lot of snow also needed to cover all the rocks!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
looks like the new midstation is gonna be an iconic structure!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New Piste in the future Shocked Shocked

Mattunjoch-Mattun

Watch this space....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just back from Arlberg late yesterday and can confirm that the new Schindlerbahn progress looks well on track, whilst only saw it from the pass below it looks really impressive.

@Steilhang, It was 25-30C last few days in Lech, warm work on the hiking and fantastic views, not particularly humid which was great at altitude, temps dropped to about 22C in the rain midday yesterday after a big storm Wednesday evening, but then 28C in Munich 7pm last night. I can't see any snow due next week coming to much, fantastic conditions for biking atm, tracks all dry and in great condition. What is your route?
latest report
Been baking hot today again today. Felt around 25deg on the way down from the Stutgarter Hut behind the Valuga? Wasn't exactly sure which lift it was in th distance.

ski holidays
Zoomed in a bit.

latest report
@JimboS, Valluga top station. Was up there at Stuttgart Hütte on Tuesday - we went across from Rufikopf and down to Zürs great hiking and scenery.
snow conditions
Did the same route today and ended up in Number 8 for beers and Hugos. Been a fantastic week here.
ski holidays
@JimboS, spooky, we love Hus8, we were there 2x this week! Great food and wines.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Just back from Arlberg late yesterday and can confirm that the new Schindlerbahn progress looks well on track, whilst only saw it from the pass below it looks really impressive.

@Steilhang, It was 25-30C last few days in Lech, warm work on the hiking and fantastic views, not particularly humid which was great at altitude, temps dropped to about 22C in the rain midday yesterday after a big storm Wednesday evening, but then 28C in Munich 7pm last night. I can't see any snow due next week coming to much, fantastic conditions for biking atm, tracks all dry and in great condition. What is your route?

Day 1: St. Anton - Ischgl via Heilbronner Hütte
Day 2: Ischgl - Nauders
Day 3: Nauders - Sta. Maria
Day 4: Sta. Maria - Livigno
Day 5: Livigno - Sils
Day 6: Sils - Colico / Lago di Como
Roughly 1000 - 1200m / day and around 50Km/day. Organised tour of course. Nothing too heavy and supposedly with really great trails. Will see.
latest report
I asked them whether it's ok to do this with my fixie. They refused. Really disappointed.
snow report
stanton wrote:
New Piste in the future Shocked Shocked

Mattunjoch-Mattun

Watch this space....

If this is a serious proposal rather than bar gossip it would be a shame. I might not be able to ski the Mattunjoch run in any great style these days but it does provide a real feeling of being underway in the high mountains away from all the lifts and other paraphernalia in a relatively safe environment and with a fairly reasonable challenge. Even it all that happens is to turn it into a version of Madloch or Schindlerkar which are officially "ski routes" but are in fact pisted would not be, in my opinion, a positive development. Maybe the new lift will encourage some to try the run who would be better off not doing so, there is no way to bail out if you find it all too difficult.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, that would indeed be a sad development!
ski holidays
@munich_irish, I felt it was inevitable when the routing for the new Schindlerbahn was announced. I too would prefer it did not happen.
ski holidays
Steilhang wrote:
I asked them whether it's ok to do this with my fixie. They refused. Really disappointed.

Thats a shame Very Happy It sounds like a nice tour though the weather forecast for Monday is pretty poor. I think I would struggle with the amount of climbing, 60 - 70kms a day around the Bavarian Oberland I can manage but would need to put in a lot of training to get up to 1000m of climbing a day....
snow conditions
@munich_irish, yes it’d be a sad move, another true wild run lost to the pistenbully.

@Steilhang, fair play - that’s a tour. Quite a chew the first rise up from Konstanzerhütte towards HBH and awesome scenery with Patteriol on your left side as you go, one of my favourite rides up towards Heilbronner, beautiful place.
snow conditions
@munich_irish,
Quote:
need to put in a lot of training to get up to 1000m of climbing a day
Am working on it! Was in Kirchberg yesterday and rode up to Ehrenbachhöhe. 1050m, went quite well. The work on the new Fleckalmbahn is quite advanced btw, the new top station will be a few meters lower than the current one. Almost all the pylons are up, with the new route running somewhat to the right and lower than the current one to protect it from the wind. The old base station is completely gone and is being replaced with something new and shiny. Will be 10 man gondolas. I suppose it's a good thing, but I will miss the old Fleckalmbahn with it's national flags...

@Markymark29, yes, I'm told this is one of the most scenic routes for a transalp. Looking forward to it. Have bad weather gear at the ready!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.dassonnbichl.at/allgemein/neue-10er-gondel-in-st-anton-schindlergratbahn/?fbclid=IwAR2IGbQ3ryGfelR4uhgJccc9YoFPF6yntU99Nt88_gwIaGhqUmtYKI98RAk
ski holidays
@stanton, is there a special relation between you and the Sonnbichl?
snow report
@Langerzug, it’s one of his sources of unique information that everyone else has read already. Either that or he drives their tuktuk!
latest report
https://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/16008797/gewaltige-mure-in-strengen-tischlerei-zerstoert-evakuierte-duerfen-nach-hause

Huge landslip in Strengen, B171 closed looks bad, evacuation in progress.
snow report
Jennewein has posted some photos of Schindlergratbahn on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/196643570408212/posts/3055699271169280?sfns=mo
snow report
Going to be interesting to see how often this new system gets closed next season due to wind.
snow conditions
https://www.facebook.com/1533450172/posts/10219339231781549/
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/pxGS-ycR208
ski holidays
Not advertising but really no more Yuppies who cannot ski ....

https://www.vip-chalets.com/hotels/hotel-arlberg
snow conditions
@stanton, Yuppies - is it the early 1980’s?

Also why can’t people who stay in a chalet ski? Strange.
snow report
@Markymark29, it's a well know fact that people who stay in chalets can't ski. Especially not Yuppies. You should know these things.
ski holidays
https://www.vip-chalets.com/hotels/hotel-arlberg

"next to the infamous Hospiz Alm for the ultimate Tyrolean lunchtime experience"

Rip Off Joint probably one of worse & most expensive places for food. Vacuum Packed Food, Goulash from a Tin Can …

"Party at the Mooserwirt but back in time for dinner"

I wonder if guests will know where the Moose is ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy