Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
If you use the Main Street stores, including Jennewein, they are send their work to a factory, which I believe is in St Jakob. Can be hit and miss.

Best service is at Jennewein’s shop at the top of the Galzig. They have the equipment there and do a really good job in 20 - 30 min

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 19-02-20 17:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ratherbeabeardog, Jennewein or Alber both do overnight service.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome afternoon. We got maybe 20 - 25cm of dry powder, with deeper wind drifts in place. Just the day for a little tree skiing:

Pistes crowded in the morning, but a lot of people went in at lunchtime and found other activities. The Galzig berg lifts closed around 1pm. Pretty much private powder on Osthang.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The thread title is a bit off today. It's been snowing all day. A bit more than snow dust even by alpine standards !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All the sports shops in town (bar Hervis) send the skis to the same place to be serviced, just next to MPreis in St Jacob. Alternatively, as has been suggested, the Jennewein place at the top of Galzig have the stuff to do it there.

Fair bit of fresh snow has fallen today, which with the winds meant that it quietened off considerably in the afternoon. Helped with the piste conditions as although they were a bit bumpy and cut up, it wasn't down to the icy layer as much as it could have been.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome, thanks guys
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ulmerhutte wrote:
Awesome afternoon. We got maybe 20 - 25cm of dry powder, with deeper wind drifts in place. Just the day for a little tree skiing:

Dare I ask where these trees are. Looks very fine indeed. Arriving next week with a mad PNW tree skier, so she'll appreciate all hints!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jw83113,

Anything under 50cms is Dust...

POW is only worth gettin up for if you need a Snorkel Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gortonator, The photo was taken in Zwischen Abfahrt, which is below the load station of Osthangbahn. Multiple lines are possible.

The other great tree / glade skiing area is over on Rendl.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ulmerhutte wrote:
@gortonator, The photo was taken in Zwischen Abfahrt, which is below the load station of Osthangbahn. Multiple lines are possible.

The other great tree / glade skiing area is over on Rendl.

Thx - I know the Rendl area but need to explore this!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@gortonator,

Best tree skiing is on Sonnenkopf but there is not enough snow there this season to appreciate..

St Anton..

Galzig Top Station down Tobel to Moos

Also Down through the trees to Nasserein but this is illegal (€3-5K Fine)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/WGjzZ-cFkYg
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very Warm this weekend , no return of winter in sight this month

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:

There is a hint of a return to "winter" during the middle of next week. There is no real polar air around and climatological averages are starting to tick upwards, so a relatively low area like St. Anton would probably straddle the freezing line even in a wintry scenario.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton wrote:

I arrive on 27th, Next month will do Smile
ski holidays
A very light dusting of snow overnight... think of “icing sugar on Krapfen“ deep.

Been an interesting week. Nowhere near as busy as expected for the 1st week of the Brit half-terms. The afternoons, in particular, were very quiet. Perhaps many 1-week a year skiers found the conditions challenging.
latest report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Perhaps many 1-week a year skiers found the conditions challenging.

Hahaha, you’re so hilarious
snow report
Langerzug wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:
Perhaps many 1-week a year skiers found the conditions challenging.

Hahaha, you’re so hilarious

...and you are a first-class banker*! Keep stroking.

*That B should have been a W. Excuse the typo,
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte, I was surprised how quiet it was last weekend, especially on the Sunday as there seemed to be hordes in the valley but few on the mountain. Suspect next week might be different, saw lots of folk heading off this afternoon as soon as the schools had packed up.
snow report
Only really long queue I came across last week was Rendlbahn Wednesday morning.
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte, sorry, I can’t. Still laughing. Even more since you presumed it necessary to explain the B should be W thing.
ski holidays
Stay away from the lifts and your discover a new rewarding sport...
snow conditions
The Snow-Forecast website has gone big on this week’s forecast for StA, predicting up to ½ metre, with the bulk arriving on Wed. I have my doubts, but let’s see. It would lovely to get in some more tree skiing.

A section of the Rendl off piste was roped off yesterday. I understand there will be some sort of comp, or try-outs, for juniors aspiring to join the Freeride World Tour.
snow report
@munich_irish, you may well be right. The week of Ash Wednesday has, in some past years, produced the biggest crowds of the season. C’est la vie.
snow report
@ulmerhutte, that’s Fasching for you. Hope you’ve got your costume ready!
snow report
@ulmerhutte, it does seem that snow is on the way. Not so sure about a big dump on Wednesday itself likely to be some, more that the weather changes from then to give regular falls of snow over the following days. The current suggestion is big falls next weekend but that is rather far away to be certain
snow conditions
Looking promising back out in 2 weeks so bring it on, looking forward to some much missed proper powder skiing.

On a separate point - I really don’t know why on a ski thread people have to be so rude and insulting to each other, I do think it’s pretty strange that folks can’t just get along and share views without the antagonism, it is after all a thread about something that presumably all enjoy.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, I think it’s because these people have no life and are sad trolls sitting in front of their computer, that has odd stains on it from ..........g

At least this is my impression of them

Meanwhile I’m going skiing ..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alex A, well done you ....2 weeks and counting here! Mountainbiking this weekend....
snow report
Official THE WEATHER AT 1.444 M

The weather throughout the upcoming days will remain within the influence of the Atlantic. The high-pressure influence will weaken, consequently compact cloud banks will repeatedly block out the sun on Sunday. Some precipitation will temporarily interfere with the weather on Sunday night. The snow line will be barely below 2,000 m above sea level. Moreover, very windy conditions are expected in the mountains. The weather will improve throughout Monday, which will continue into Tuesday. However, clouds will remain an issue. They will signal a strong cold front reaching us on Tuesday night and sending winter to the lowlands around midweek. Wednesday and Thursday will bring us heavy cloudiness and repeated light snowfall. Towards Friday a warm front will mark the next rise in temperatures.
snow conditions
Beautiful day, albeit very warm. The snow on the northern aspects, like Bachseite and the bumps route off the Madloch-Zug route, is holding up well. Chalky and fun to ski. As could be expected, anything facing south, especially lower down, was spring slush. Overall, the cover remains pretty good.

No really bad crowds, except at 3pm on Valfagehrbahn. It took over 30 minutes from joining the queue, which was past the junction with the Flexenbahn walkway, to getting off at the top.
ski holidays
Valfagehr had broken down some time in the afternoon (not entirely sure when), which probably didn't help the queue there
ski holidays
Broke down for quite a while last Tuesday too...
latest report
@Sitter & @nozawaonsen, interesting. It actually stopped twice in quick succession on my way up. A PA was made but it was too short for me to catch. It then seemed to run at a somewhat reduced speed.

One noticeable thing... aside from 2 jerks who cut the line from the right side, everyone else seemed patient and well-mannered. People also mostly were prepared to split up to fill chairs.
snow conditions
Valfagehr was closed for the first few hours last Sunday (very small sign just past the Ulmer Hutte), was on the point of getting the bus back from Zürs when it showed up as open on the website. No explanation as to what was wrong. By the sounds of it something is not quite right, not good peak season.
snow report
It's happened in previous seasons too, so nothing new. I've sat on the chair not moving for a good 20 mins or so before. It's also happened to friends of mine pre Flexenbahn days right towards the end of the ski day, and IIRC the lift company ended up putting on taxis round to St C for people stuck there.
snow report
Come to think of it, Ruffikopfbahn Gondola #1 stopped mid-flight above the Schafalp lift. Quite an uncomfortable feeling given: a) it was hot, and b) packed, which exacerbated “a)”. Fortunately it got going after a short pause, but still unusual.

Something entirely different... I have been struck by the number of new places constructed or in progress in StA. I understand that Mountain Spa has added another block, the place next to Theo’s Taverne was pulled down and a new chalet constructed, there is are in-progress sites on the walkway to town from N’Bahn and one next to Spar, a new apartment block in Dorfstraße, the hotel near Galzigbahn, and no doubt more. On one hand, it is great to see a vote of confidence in StA, but are more beds really needed...
ski holidays
Valfagehrbahn has not be fuctional since the day it was built..

Why do St Anton folks even ski down there..its jus following the masses and then whinge & complain ...FFS Shocked ??
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte,

There are plenty more upmarket places coming on stream in planning ...

If you want ski St Anton on a budget ...the next 2-4 seasons will probably be your last...
latest report
ulmerhutte wrote:
A very light dusting of snow overnight... think of “icing sugar on Krapfen“ deep.

Been an interesting week. Nowhere near as busy as expected for the 1st week of the Brit half-terms. The afternoons, in particular, were very quiet. Perhaps many 1-week a year skiers found the conditions challenging.

Seemed like a lot fewer fellow brits in St Anton to.me as well. I think most go to France at half term. On our drive down there were loads of british cars but nearly all headed towards the french alps after reims.

Only saw about 6 other british cars in st anton last week, but 3 were in sonnenkopf on Thursday which was a surprise.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy