Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2019/2020 (MArch Weather -- Variable --Snow On and Off)

Poster: A snowHead
Biggest Storm of the Season blowing in Sunday Night and will drop some serious snow on us over the course of Monday thru Wednesday..

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stanton Believe it, when I see it.

Big slide into Steissbachtal, possibly last night. Cleared by the grooming cats by mid-morning.

There was also a significant slide into Schindlerkar. Looked like it had been triggered by someone who had skinned up. Not sure on that one.

An awesome day today, albeit crowded. Bluebird and cold.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stanton, you must have a very secret supplier of weather forecasts as none of the reputable weather models is suggesting that amount of snow. General suggestion is snow from Monday morning with the heaviest falls on Tuesday and lesser amounts on Wednesday & Thursday. Predicting amounts of snowfall is a well nigh impossible task but lets say a 1m or so at 2800mm and maybe 0.5m in the village over the period. For the Dutch view see https://wepowder.com/en/st-anton-am-arlberg#valluga . All subject to the usual vagaries of weather forecasting!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munich_irish, indeed ZAMG is talking about hurricane like winds from sunday.
Slight hint: in Dutch the word storm is mostly referring to wind, not rain/snow. Maybe that is what @stantonis referring to Skullie
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Langerzug, yes it does look like being very windy early next week, lets hope it doesnt blow all the snow away
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Perfect Ski Conditions...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
munich_irish wrote:
@stanton, you must have a very secret supplier of weather forecasts as none of the reputable weather models is suggesting that amount of snow.

He talks to the cows remember??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The latest thoughts are that maybe not so much snow in the Arlberg maybe more further west, still very windy though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am coming to St. Anton on 15 Feb. Started to read these thread few weeks ago.

I notice when there is a lot of posts during a day that means a bad weather.
When no post like today that means everyone on a mountain enjoying the weather.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lim33, not sure that is entirely true, it might mean it is a boring day at work with nothing better to do than put up posts on Snowheads! I will also be in St Anton on the 15th, weather forecast is snow during the week and hopefully sunshine next weekend Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A tale of 2 cities. Zürs and Lech were frenetic. Worst crowds since Fasching last year. The Ruffi gondola queue was out of the building and into the plaza. The car parks were full. There were even cars parked alongside the road at Zürs, something I have not seen since the car parks were extended. Actually same deal at Stuben too.

On the flip side, StA was relatively quiet this afternoon. Quite mellow.

Beautiful bluebird day, albeit quite warm. Despite that, the snow on the northern aspects is holding up well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Coming to St Anton tomorrow (first time skiing in Austria) ... been watching this thread like a hawk! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was busy in St Anton this morning too, although I wasn't quite out first thing. Car parks full by time the bus got in to town (took a longer detour due to a RTA at Pettneu Vadiesen) and Rendl was a lot busier than it was this time last week. Noticeably more people on the bus, but that may have been down to the aforementionned RTA having disrupted busses.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arnold said to do it

http://youtube.com/v/lP2_tRAad44?t=5m47s
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another perfekt day ..before all change
snow report
Quick question non snow related out again in two weeks, any of the bars likely to have six nations on?
ski holidays
Bar Cuba probs
latest report
@mikekimber24, before Christmas I watched football at the Arlen Lodge in Nasserein, they advertise Sky Sports not sure if that covers rugby. Bar Cuba almost certainly will be showing it but it is a pretty grubby spot. Rumours suggest Scottys show sports but no idea if true (not my sort of drinking spot)
snow conditions
Ruby is on at Jules
ski holidays
They normally show it at Jules as well. Not a bad spot.
latest report
@stanton,@nozawaonsen, I seem to remember watching rugby there but there did not seem to be a TV in the place before christmas? Perhaps too many Augustiners!
snow report
stanton wrote:
Ruby is on at Jules
Lamb madras, pilau rice and a few cobras is always good before the rugby. Might have to rethink about St Anton.
snow conditions
@stanton, I notice you have changed the title of the thread. Rain. What happened to the 1.5m dump of the season? Cows lie to you?
snow report
Quite a few options for the Rugby, Cub, Scotty's, Jules, Theo's (Arlen Lodge), Cafe Schneider, Piccadilly, Murrmel. They may not all have every game, but they're the best ones to check out.
ski holidays
All upper mountain and connecting lifts, like Flexenbahn, shown as closed this morning. Is ABB concerned about an impending storm or have the very warm temps raised the risk of glide avalanches to an unacceptable level? Don’t know.

Not much wind down at village level (@8:30am).
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, you need to improve your German.
Austrian weather forecast is exactly saying what you are seeing: wind on top, and rain up to 2000 meter.
Both wind and snow will come to the valley in course of the day

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 10-02-20 9:47; edited 2 times in total
snow report
@ulmerhutte, 55kmph winds forecast, 65kmph tomorrow
snow conditions
If you were luck enough to get on the services lift at 07:30 to Galzig well done. Smile ...otherwise its only hiking up, sauna or day trip to Innsbruck...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our first day here. Long queues for Galzig and Gampen. Nothing open above probably due to forecast? Kandahar very busy and lots of beginners but very accommodating snow so not too many casualties . Stopped for hot chocolate to decide what to do next
snow conditions
Storm Sabine upgraded to 130 kph winds
ski holidays
@On the rocks, I'd suggest its going be locked down for rest of the day, storm coming in for next couple of days. Should be opening up towards end of the week but next few days could be frustrating as they let the storm pass through, prep piostes and blast so its safe, upper lifts will be Wednesday or Thursday I think, after that should be fabulous, the big storm hopefully the region has been waiting for all season. Not great if you are there though, unless you can get up to mid station and hit the trees down Fang or off back of St Christoph lift etc, off Osthang/ Tanzboden etc?

Maybe a day hiking in Verwall, down the Rosanna or visit the Arlberg Wellness, great pool and spa. Or, hit the bars!
latest report
@Markymark29, I just checked the Ski Arlberg online lift/piste interactive. Warth, Schrocken, Stuben, Rendl are closed. 3/4 lifts in Lech, just the little baby tows in Zurs, no lifts running out of St Christoph, and nothing above Galzig top station. Site says 24/88 lifts running. Snoweye.com shows wind blasted higher pistes.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
If you were luck enough to get on the services lift at 07:30 to Galzig well done. Smile ...otherwise its only hiking up, sauna or day trip to Innsbruck...

Rubbish. Been skiing all morning. Long queues, as expected, but soft, forgiving snow.

Try coming to St Anton sometime to find out a bit about this place firsthand.
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte, nice, enjoy it
ski holidays
+1 to ulmerhuttte's response to stanton. Yes everything higher up is shut (very obvious why when you look up and see the way the snow is getting blown off around the peaks) which has made it busier lower down (20 mins for the Kindlisfeld drag, 10 for the Nasserein when I did them, no idea of any of the others as I was teaching beginners). Not been raining that much in town, but it is quite warm, screen at the Karl Schranz stadium was showing 8oC. Plenty of people seem not to have bothered going skiing judging by the number of people milling around town.
snow report
@ulmerhutte, nice to hear "real" reports for a change !!
snow report
@Sitter, @kitenski, whilst he can be terrible, it was @stanton warning about this storm already last thursday, and@ulmerhutte who was still doubting why lifts where closed this morning...
Not sure what’s more useful...
latest report
@Langerzug, honestly are you autistic or are you just a bitter/angry old man? You come across like Sheldon, but without evidence of the IQ.

So, if you are autistic, then I am sorry I had a dig back at you, otherwise GFY.
latest report
Langerzug wrote:
@Sitter, @kitenski, whilst he can be terrible, it was @stanton warning about this storm already last thursday, and@ulmerhutte who was still doubting why lifts where closed this morning...
Not sure what’s more useful...

It was in direct response to his post (a couple of hours after lifts had opened) saying that unless you went up with the lifts early, you'd be hiking up...

Yes the storm was always going to close lifts (they have since closed Gampen), but to post implying that fewer lifts were running than actually were is very misleading.
latest report
Must be the weather, very grumpy in here today.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy