Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I have my BASI 1 in both boarding and skiing and am looking to do my level 2 in snowboarding, does anyone know of any Season long courses that will do only level 2 boarding and not 1 and 2 Basi courses combined into one, thanks a lot! Puzzled Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try logging in to your BASI Account and look at their "Partners" they should have what you need but I'm not sure why you want a Season Course just to do BASI Level II? If you need additional coaching or to do your hours there are much cheaper ways than a whole season course.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well maybe not a season long course, just trying to find a course that offers just a level 2 BASI, everything I’ve seen even from the Basi partners only offers 1 and 2 together, thanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try The Edge Clinic in Zauchensee. https://www.theedgeclinic.com/Courses.html May not do Snowboard, but you can always ask.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure if you asked a level 1 and 2 course provider they could drop the level 1 training for you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.snowboardcoach.co.uk/instructor-gap-courses

Sounds like what you are looking for.

Otherwise most gap course providers will let you join for the level 2 training if they have space but will probably wait to quite close to the time before selling a cheaper place.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys, this feedback is mega really appreciate it, additionally has anyone gone out on a season without paying for a full 12 week program sort of thing, then right at the end done their Basi 2, at the moment I like to think I am an alright snowboarder, can 50-50, fs board and throw 180s flat and on kickers then ride switch comfortably, I know it’s hard to say but I don’t want to go out there and not be up to the standard, thanks!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
12 years ago I did a 12 week instructor course in Whistler and passed the CASI snowboard levels 1 and 2. I'd say I was about your level but my technique was shocking and to begin with the instructors put me in the lowest group. They ripped my riding to shreds but I took their instructions seriously and really focussed on improving my riding (i.e. I worked on the techniques in all conditions when not under instruction). With that mindset you'll certainly pass the level 2 and will be grateful for your riding standard for the rest of your life. If I were you I wouldn't worry about ability it's a case of how willing you are to learn and train.

And in case you wondered:......hands down the best decision I ever made.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@GardenerSam, it’s definitely not necessary to a season-long course to do BASI 2. I actually can’t think of any top-level snowboard instructors who have done it that way, although I’m sure there’s some. Go do a season, base yourself somewhere with plenty of British instructors and you’ll soon find other people with similar plans. Tignes or Morzine would be my recommendations. Get some input from a BASI trainer or top level instructor so that you know what you need to work on and to make sure you’re making the right progress.

Sounds like your freestyle is pretty solid, but remember there’s not much freestyle in level 2, it’s more about turns and teaching. Solid carving, forwards and switch. Nice, round turns on steeps and in variables.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy