Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April (Easter school holidays) close to Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a second set of flights to Turin I can take next April for a second weeks skiing. Annoyingly I don’t like the flight times for Saturday 4th to Saturday 11th April. We are family of 4 and will have a 10 and 13yr old by then.

We can go that first or second week and Friday to Friday or Sunday to Sunday is possible if we can find accommodation which supports those changeovers.

Would like to stay with 2hrs radius of Turin.

Any recommendations? We will be going to Serre Chevalier in the February.

Part of me would like to stay in a Gressoney again or Stafal but I am struggling to find suitable accommodation. Also suspect we will be limited to first week only based on previous season dates? Thinking self catering but if I can find half board cheap enough. As this is a cheeky second week really trying to keep it cheap as and cheerful but no sofa beds!

I was wondering Cervinia but worried about wind? Is that an issue in April. Also feel a bit concerned about having children in ski school and possibly being trapped over Zermat side (which reduces significantly what skiing is available there).

How is Sauze d’Oulx in terms of late season?

Any specific accommodation recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about Orelle? With the backdoor link to Val Thorens and the rest of the 3 valleys, snow sure for certain and the transfer time from Turin meets your requirements.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’ve done the last 4 years in Cervinia in April and never had issues with the wind - unlike New Year this year where we lost 4 days.
Don’t worry about getting stuck on the Zermatt side, they take precautions to dissuade you from going over even if there is a hint of getting stuck.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@OTS, thanks. When we stayed in Zermatt (can’t remember if it was first week of Jan or Week before Christmas in December now) you could only get from Zermatt you Cervinia 2 of the days we were there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, i can probably get you a decent deal in orelle as i own a place there
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andybag wrote:
What about Orelle? With the backdoor link to Val Thorens and the rest of the 3 valleys, snow sure for certain and the transfer time from Turin meets your requirements.

Thanks didn’t know about that area. Some research needed Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajc2260626 wrote:
@NickyJ, i can probably get you a decent deal in orelle as i own a place there

Can you PM a link?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, pm sent
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In my searching I noticed a website indicate that the Espace Killy is 2.5hrs from Turin. However when I switched to google maps it came up with massively longer time . Looks like there is a road closure causing this. Does anybody know if that is a temporary or more permanent thing?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, to do it in the shorter time you’d probably need to go over the Col d’Iseran which is closed at winter
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno wrote:
@NickyJ, to do it in the shorter time you’d probably need to go over the Col d’Iseran which is closed at winter

Thanks so much for.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy