Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mantra 102

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So funnily, talking skis with BiL (Concept Pro, CHX) and he mentioned next year’s Mantra 102... and here Blister have a review.

Must really try harder to have a go on the M5... https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/2019-2020-volkl-mantra-102?fbclid=IwAR3NdYjfo3j15AmcEQWfD-2yRtUhiwZE83XXCv96gvnsfibq3kfPe1cqE3Q
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it's really interesting what they are doing to evolve this area of ski design.

As on that recent thread by Valais2 about rockered skis, the marketing of "rockered " has been liberally chucked allover most things in the race not to be left out of "new technology " as they see it.

To put rocker onto wide off pistes skis seems a doddle as mostly nobody is going to notice much downside, just as long as they don't go over the handlebars it's more or less job done.

Far more significant I'd view it as, is the application of subtle rocker geometry in turning on and off different aspects of a ski used on less soft snow. That review youve linked in OP talking about changes to geometry etc either side of the point where rocker gives way to camber, and how far out the the camber is from centre, plus the total shift is giving so many options to really play small differential into ski character in very concise ways.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy