Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help, What to take for chalet from the UK

Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading out to Verbier tomorrow and wanted to contact the chalet guys and find out if there is anything that they want us to take over for them.
Unfortunately we have booked with crystal and they do not have a phone number or email address for the chalet..... Is there any other way of making contact??? Puzzled

Assuming that I can't make contact do you have any experience of generally requested items?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mwareing, my daughter is always grateful if anyone brings out some English bacon and Cheddar cheese.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A happy and respectful disposition will come in handy, althought by simply posing the question I suspect you have that already.

The 3 most popular seem to be:
Good Tea
Good Bacon
Cheddar (bizzare I know)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, I know I can't understand it either, but those do seem to be the items that you can't easily get in local hypermarche. Liptons Yellow Label tea just doesn't cut it, got to be Twinnings or Yorkshire tea is even better.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As well as the above, English sausages are often welcome, as is Marmitte (though personally I hate the stuff), Heinz baked beans and shortbread ...

... and I think it's a very thoughtful gesture !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks,

As I'm going to be flying, there are restrictions on the transport of meat & dairy products aren't there??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mwareing, yes, you can't take any processed meat or cheese into France, a law more flouted than observed I believe.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, I hid the cheddar in my ski boots to masque ( Laughing ) the smell
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you know if the same restrictions apply to Switzerland?

Frosty the Snowman, to be honest I wouldn't want to offer anybody anything that had been even remotely close to my boots...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mwareing, a couple of newspapers/magazines will probably go down well with the chalet staff.

Do you have the name of the chalet? If so, the local tourist office may well know the number...or have the mobile no of the rep?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mwareing wrote:
Do you know if the same restrictions apply to Switzerland?

Just took a half kilo of strong cheddar out to Switzerland no problems - but didn't get caught either!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A big tip always seem's to be acceptable wink Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks All for your advice, i've gone for loads of Tea Bags and 1/2 kilo of Mature Farmhouse Cheddar (lets just hope it gets through customs...)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mwareing, Many english foods (marmite, baked beans, heinz tomato soup) are now readily available in many French supermarkets, even in resorts (or perhaps especially in resorts). Bacon though is never seen.

Very thoughtful of you.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Right I'm off, i'll post a report & pics from verbier when I'm back
snow conditions
easiski, would you like some bacon bringing out to LDA?
snow report
Kramer, (whispers) she's a vegetarian Confused
ski holidays
Kramer,
Quote:

easiski, would you like some bacon bringing out to LDA?

I expect that will ensure Kramer, gets some lessons from easiski, to take place on the steepest black run in resort Laughing
snow report
How about some Fakon then?
latest report
Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoops, Pork Pie, Sausages, Bacon, Tandoori Powder, Birds Custard. NehNeh
snow report
Galaxy choccie
ski holidays
JT,
Quote:

Galaxy choccie

Eeeyyuuk Razz Laughing
snow report
much better than Cadburys, snowbunny, snowHead
snow report
Michelle,
Quote:

much better than Cadburys, snowbunny,

It may well be, but IMV it still falls well short of Swiss or Belgian choccy snowHead
ski holidays
can't be too heavy - or dark...
ski holidays
snowbunny,

Nnnoooooooooo!!

Altho' Milka is ok... the rest is as Michelle says, too heavy IMV Smile
ski holidays
JT, Okay, I suggest some Green & Black's Organic Choccy bars then wink
snow report
JT wrote:
... the rest is as Michelle says, too heavy IMV Smile

NEVER. That 85% Lindt stuff is the mutts nuts.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, I will take the Lindt 85%, you can eat the mutts nuts Laughing
snow report
Taytos- Cheese and Onion, CHeddar Cheese- strong stuff not that mild crap, proper smoked bacon, Cumberland Sausages, Take a Break Magazine and FHM for the boys, Dairy Milk- assorted varieties, everything else we can pretty much get out here, im sure its the same for Verbier!
ski holidays
Quote:

Bacon though is never seen

........ unless you shop in Super U. Though unfortunately it's that stuff which oozes a litre of water when you cook it.

Quote:

Tandoori Powder, Birds Custard

You can get those here too if you really must.

I'd like some Thornton's Continental Selection and a haggis please, if anyone's passing.
snow report
Lizzard, where are you in the French Alps?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy