Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storing boots in the summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have heard differing opinions about whether boots should be stored in the summer with the clips done up, or undone.

The other concern is around thermally formed liners, and shells for that matter.
If the storage is too warm they may re-thermalise (is that a word) and no longer fit exactly.
Too cold...well obviously it cannot be too cold, these things are designed for the cold after all.

Normal body temperature is probably the best, and that is why I store them on my feet , all summer long.

From my own experience I can 100% say that it is best to store them with the clips loosely done up....because otherwise they tend to fall off.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 12-04-19 10:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rungsp,

If your storage is hot enough to remold them, you live in a rather hot oven.

If your boots fall off with the clips undone, they're too big.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fortunately I have very hot feet, so no mater how I store them they re-mould to my feet next season
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you stop wearing them in summer?

I hadn't considered that option.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I store the wife's in one of these....
[img] https://images.app.goo.gl/hJsaHroLSK5c66ge9[/img]
Stops all the nasty aromas from getting out(except those moving at relativistic speeds of course).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We haven’t had the EOSB yet and already sHs are getting restive! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Richard_Sideways, how many wifes do you have?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Richard_Sideways, are boots not suitable for keeping ferrets in? No one else has mentioned it so I will. Try and keep them away from rodents. The cheesy smell may attact mice to make home in them
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We saw quite a few pine martens around Les Gets at the end of March. Now I know what they were up to - ambushing lone skiers to steal their boots for their lairs
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy