Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Squeaky bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The heal piece of my new Warden 11 MNC squeak loudly when the ski is flexed (with the boot in). Skiing sounds like I’m bouncing on a rusty old bed!
Any ideas what the cause is and if I can reduce the noise?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try using WD40 PTFE and add some to the rear of your boots.

https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/1388/0900766b813884d1.pdf
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Graphite. Rub a soft pencil on area where plastic rubs on plastic. Graphite powder can be blown into cracks and between overlapping plates.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bigtipper, thanks ordered some will report back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BertieG, I don’t think there should be enough movement to make any noise... sure it’s not the boot?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
99% sure. The boots don’t squeak in other bindings. I’m pretty sure it’s not the boot/binding interface too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BertieG, my immediate thinking would be that there is too much movement then and check binding adjustment.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BertieG, if any of your car belts squeal first thing on a cold morning, spray some of this on the inside of the belt. (alternator belt, or radiator belt) If this fixes the problem (albeit temporarily) then the problem is due to age of the vehicle and probably some imperfection in the belt ribs. If you see wobbling in the belt when the engine is running, this is a more serious problem probably requiring a new belt soon. Also check the tension in the belts, they may need re-tensioning.

Do not use normal wd40 on car belts, unless you want to replace them soon.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The ptfe worked! The heal piece moves when the ski is flexed with a boot in and seems the squeak is between the rail and the heal piece. Squirting in ptfe has stopped the squeaking and smoothed the flex. Hopefully it will last for a week and just reapply before each trip. Must be a bit of a design fault and maybe the ptfe will improve the life of the binding?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would think it would do no more than stop the squeaking. Probably will need another application midweek.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy