Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski weekend in april

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i"m not really looking for any advise but just thought i would put down my train of thought, i quite fancy a ski weekend starting going on friday april 12 and coming back on mon 15, i have to fly to geneva and then get a transfer bus to the resort, transfer buses on fridays and mondays are less plentiful than saturdays and sundays, so that leaves me with chamexpress or go massif, i do have a preference for smaller quiet resorts, i dont need a lot of runs as i just potter around at a fairly sedate pace,and i like to ski in the sun, so given the time of year i would be expecting fairly slushy slopes, but i prefer that to ice, i generally ski between 11am and 3pm, so i have come up with les houches or les carroz, but could do courmayeur or chamonix, another thing i have to consider is accomodation, there may not be any hotels available on those dates for my preferred resorts, so i may have to go to a larger place like chamonix, i"m not booking anything up at the moment so it will be quite a late booking, i just want to make sure there is enough snow and sun to make a perfect weekend, my adventourous part of me is saying just book it up now and have a weekend away whatever the conditions, and my cautious half is saying just hang on a minute.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2m at the top of Argentiere, 1m on the top of Courmayeur so unlikely it will have melted in the next 3 weeks even if the weather stays warm. it's spring so there's also a good chance of more snow to top up the base in any case. Think it's pretty safe to book.
If you're looking for some sitting in the sun and drinking up the scenery (if not the beer) then I'd consider Courmayeur.

Go on, do it!
You know you want to...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We'll be in Les Carroz that weekend and have skied that late many times. Yep, it could be a ribbon but you know what spring skiing is like so it won't be a surprise. Les Carroz even has a slope called - plein soleil - full sun, so you might like that one? If you want more you can ski over to Flaine. The Les Carroz tourism office should be able to help with accommodation and places won't be booked up. Go, you can always just do some lovely walks in the woods. My other half is training for the London marathon and so will be running and not skiing as much.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the snow wont be a problem, i"m just waiting to make sure the sun comes out, i can see it now, sat outside a mountain restaurant, beer in hand, looking at the scenery, then a leisurly ski back to base for a catnap.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just looking at a flying visit to catch up with an Italian friend for a day next week.
Will Courmayeur be pretty much bare new by then or is it holding up?
If so, guessing La Thuile will still be great.

If anyone’s been last few days an indication of early next week would be appreciated.

Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy