Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LIVE TR: Les Menuires 13th to 20th April 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me, my oldest skiing buddy, two of his grown up sons and my wife and kids at the top of Col above VT...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The vast off piste field off skiers left from Col with my son boarding and my wife above

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The missus in the Emile Allais couloir in Courcheval...

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice photo
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very low key day. Lazy start. We headed over to VT and did a few runs then headed down to the Cosmojet hut. 16 Euros is a bit steep for a sledge run but we'd promised the kids we'd let them have a go. Me and the missus ate our sandwich while they did their run. The eldest fancied another spin which was 8 Euros. This time I went up the lift and followed him down as much as I could. We then spent the rest of the day mostly skiing the poor man's powder off piste first in VT then on the descent from Mont de la Chambre. Half packed and cleaned ready to check out tomorrow. We'll be skiing a fullish day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saturday we were up bright and early to clear out the apartment. The sun was shining and as expected the lifts and slopes were quiet. And we had a lovely ski down into the Meribel valley down the Lac de la Chambre piste before returning back via Plan de Mains and Cote Brune and then down on into VT, eventually to the Boismint lift. We then skied down to Plan de l'eau to the lift of the same name. The piste was still hard and icy and not a great ski for the most part and when we got to the lift back up we realised the full extent of the wind. And after another ski down and up the Moutiere chair, we sought the sanctity of the Peclet cable car. I had a go at the off piste but it was windblown crust and good for nothing. We then hooked up with our buddies and decided we head over to Mount Vallon as it seemed to be largely sheltered from the wind when we there earlier. And so it proved. After skiing down we had lunch on the benches in front of the lift and bathed in the beautiful Spring sunshine.

Suitably refueled we headed up the cable car and started down Camignol. I had another bash at the off piste and started to find it had softened nicely. And so we skied off piste all the way down to the lift. I remember Vallon being a great bowl for off piste skiing from years ago and it was good to rekindle those memories. My friends had to start making their way off the mountain as they were transferring to Tignes for a second week. But we did another circuit before ourselves slowly making our way back over and down into Menuires, finishing about half 4.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drive home was very smooth. Left resort about 6ish. Supermarket stop and nosh in Chambery, drive through the night to get the 07.20 tunnel and tea on the patio in MK by 9! From skiing the high mountains to short and vest in the garden in 24 hours. Crazy world.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The vast expanse of Mount Vallon off piste:
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peclet:
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

From skiing the high mountains to short and vest in the garden in 24 hours. Crazy world.

Yes, that must have seemed bizarre. Welcome home and thanks for the TR!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy