Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hafjell tr

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finally made it to Norway for skiing. Flight from Manchester Sat morning to Oslo. Fine except for delay caused by baggage handling at the finest airport in the North West, yes Manchester. However everyone's baggage finally got on and we departed an hour late. Oslo airport a breeze and straight into train for lovely trip up to Lillehammer. Took about 1hour 40. Lots of space on train. Stayed overnight in station hotel Lillehammer on Saturday evening. Had a wander around town then some food in the station cafe. Lovely breakfast then 1115am bus to Hafjell. (100NOK) 2 adults and child. Trip was about 30 mins and we got off at Hafjell alpine centre. Sorted out ski lockers and passes. Walked along to our hotel in Hafjell and left rest of our gear. Now yes we could have skied but we do a holiday with skiing not ski every moment.
We took gondola up to area called Mossertoppen and had a drink in restaurant/bar there. Weather windy around freezing but very bright.
Today. Junior had private lesson with Alex from ski school and had a blast. Been down the Olympic run. Mr lpsmc and I loved the empty and I mean empty slopes up on Hafjell top. Rated green but def more blue. Great for practising carving on. Came all way from top to bottom to collect junior. Took the easy route but it was long!! Weather today has been very windy and below freezing g but lots of Sun and blue sky. pistes brilliantly groomed and snow in good firm condition. A little sort this afternoon below mossertoppen but not slushy.
Staying full board package. Moose stew tonight ( no I would never have picked it) but it was delicious!
Anyway more of same weather conditions forecast so hope for good week.

A red bull petter northug xc ski event in here Fri/Sat so hoping i might even see the legend on snow!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@lpsmc1, sounds brilliant. Have a great time, and I look forward to reading the full report. I want to try Norway, so if it's viable from Manchester + a train then I'm really interested.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We flew SAS Manchester to Oslo then straight into train at airport direct to Lillehammer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another windy but beautifully sunny day. Very windy on top with one chair !icy to hafjelltoppen closed this morning and main gondola stopped around 3pm. This left some surprised beginners having to ski down but they made it. You can come down a green then a long and winding blue. Today again slopes were empty and in great condition. Very cold (-10 overnight) so snow holding up well. I am happy on firm corduroy! Junior away with instructor this morning so husband and I took chair lift up through trees and did runs 21, a long cruising blue and 41 combination of blue and easy red. Both runs and the chairlift were sheltered from the wind. On way down to collect junior i decided to do the short 47 black and then down the red front run. (41) I am no can of blacks but decided i have to challenge myself and it was empty and firm so now or never. It was steep but wide and short then a steep red rest of way. Collected junior and headed back to do couple of loops of sheltered runs then head back down to lunch. All going well then I mixed up my run numbers and we ended up on the no 60, the Olympic course. So not intended but got down feeling in control all the way. In terms of myself and husband we had never done anything that steep so feeling ok about it! Our saving grace was that there was no-one else on slope so that helped with confidence. Would i recommend Hafjell. Yes definitely but the greens are often more like blues, these long greens are no bunny slopes! And some blues have steepish sections, but they are great for low intermediates. There isn't miles and miles if that's what you are after but there is enough to keep intermediates entertained and feeling like you are making progress. Less wind forecast for tomorrow and lots of Sun again!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did you take any photos?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidof, a few photos from Hafjell in February on my tr here. Not Hafjell in the spring though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did and I will have a go at putting them up! I am not tech savvy though!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy