Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best choice for early March mixed ability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all you knowledgeable people
We are a group of around a dozen mixed ability skiers looking for best Austrian and Italian options for early March 2021.
Must have plenty blues, good ski school, area of 150km plus for the more advanced in the group, within 2 hour transfer from the airport, fairly snowsure.
We have done catered chalet, hotel and self catered in the past and so are open to suggestions.
There are a couple of cautious skiers in the group so nothing with a difficult run back to the resort.
Mostly 50+ so apres not the main consideration.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about somewhere in the Milky Way: https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/a/105434/skiing-the-milky-way-a-resort-for-everyone

or the Ski Welt Area of Austria: https://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/ski-areas/skiwelt-austria
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at Serfaus, not well known in UK for some reason though one of the most popular areas in the alps. Decent sized area, high, ski school has an excellent reputation, car free village and a good variety of terrain. Main downside is relative lack of traditional Austrian apres (there's some but not in the St Anton / Ischgl / Saalbach league) as the focus is more on families.

Places like SkiWelt / Kitzbühel, SkiAmade and Saalbach Hinterglemm should all work too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Amade. 60 min transfer from Salzburg. 760km on lift pass. base yourselves in Flachau for best access. Skip first week of March as very popular with the locals.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Ski Amade. 60 min transfer from Salzburg. 760km on lift pass. base yourselves in Flachau for best access. Skip first week of March as very popular with the locals.

Are the conditions usually ok we’ll into March?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mixed ability - does that mean you dont mind going off in small groups all day, or do you expect to meet up periodically during the day? maybe ski together a bit, etc.

Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis or Kirchberg/Kitzbuhel?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skiseekers, I've skied there every year for the last 5 at Easter and never been disappointed. As I'm of similar vintage to your party, if it is warm I tend to get the best out of the snow early in the morning and then sign off with a late lunch/early apres before heading down ahead of the real slushy time. From Flachau even in a bad year you can catch the bus up to Zauchensee which is a bit higher and hold well into April. Mrs Red is planning on being out for 11-18 Apr 20. Sent you a PM too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old Fartbag wrote:
What about somewhere in the Milky Way: https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/a/105434/skiing-the-milky-way-a-resort-for-everyone

or the Ski Welt Area of Austria: https://www.igluski.com/ski-resorts/ski-areas/skiwelt-austria

I was advised that Zillertal is a safer bet for March than Ski Welt due to it being higher up.

Both are 2 hours or less from Munich, Innsbruck and Salzberg I believe and should satisfy your requirements
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skiseekers, trying to forecast the weather and conditions in a few weeks time is difficult enough let alone in more than a years time. March can be variable some years fabulous conditions, snow and sun in equal measure but some years it can be thin & slushy especially towards the end of the month. You say early March I would suggest that should be OK in all of the larger areas. However on a personal basis I would only go to many of the lower places in January or early February (for me that would include SkiWelt / Kitzbühel, SkiAmade and Saalbach Hinterglemm amongst others). I think it is better to go higher when the sun starts getting stronger, the lower runs inevitably suffer and fresh snow is heavier. That is not to say you cant have a good time right until the resorts close it just depends on what you want.

The suggestion above of the Zillertal is a good one too, there is plenty of skiing most of it above the tree line so ideal for March.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy