Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The ultimate ski wear wishlist.

Poster: A snowHead
greengriff wrote:
After living with yet another ski suit that is nowhere near as good as the hype and which is starting to fall to pieces after a few weeks of use I began to ponder my requirements and wonder whether any kit is available that meets them. So here's my wish list. If I've missed anything that you think is essential please let me know and I'll add it on. Also if you know of kit that meets the criteria please also speak up. Here goes:

Minimum of 20k waterproof, 20k breathable - Should be standard
Taped seams - Should be standard
Waterproof zips - Should be standard, water resistant vislon fine
Insulated, totally waterproof patch on buttocks for sitting down on snow or wet lift chairs. - Waterproof yes, insulated no.
Hood big enough to go over a helmet. - Should be standard
Pit vents/back vents/inner thigh vents
One piece or zip together 2-piece design. God no. Separate jacket and salopettes, salopettes to be high waisted with braces.
If one piece it needs to unzip at the rear for ease of sitting on the loo If a onesie yes, but please no, not a onesie
Lift pass/credit card pockets on left forearm, right forearm Left forearm/arm is fine
Loop inside wrist for attachment of gloves No need
Cargo pocket on front or side of thigh. Slim but big enough to hold spare goggles or lenses. God no
And/or drink bottle net on front or side of thigh. as above
Integrated body armour. What............ I don't understand why. Probably the worst idea on the list
2 stage insulated liner, with one stage being removeable (and washable) for skiing in warmer weather or quicker drying out Is this not a complicated way of saying add an extra jumper/fleece if it's chilly
Option of heated liner as per motorcycle clothing Nope
Strategic pockets for chemical warmers Nope
Good abrasion resistance One would hope, 80D min
Strong stitching One would hope
Integrated knee pads/armour keeping the knee joint hot and giving something to kneel on. Why on earth? I'm skiing, not kneeling down
Totally waterproof phone pocket with headphone cable insert Invariably will get water in in (though zip), won't drain and phone will spend all day in it's own private pocket pool party
Recco rescue beacon. meh
Hood to helmet magnet Magnets mess with transceivers and compasses, design a decent hood instead
Roll away (or removeable) hood. No removable hoods. Well designed grown on hood only lease
Detachable and washable collar insert Extra faff, just wash the jacket at the end of the season you dirty animal
Windproof flap behind main zip meh
Soft chin guard behind top of main zip - Should be standard
A sensible price - One would hope

Cheers!

I think what you've mainly done is ignored decent products on the market and tried to create an overly complicated version of what you think you'd like.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
greengriff wrote:
Why not both?

Magnets mess with transceivers and compasses.
I don't like unnecessary faff
Don't bodge the design with a rubbish additional fix (Boeing), fix the design fault in the first place.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some key items the first list has missed:

Integrated ski carriers to carry skis on the back when walking to the lift
Loop on the ankle and knee to hold skis when on a sit down gondola (much like for a brolly on a golf bag)
Detachable heelies to flip onto skiboots when skis are stowed elsewhere
Some sort of holster to encourage sales in the USA
Wrist pockets to hold glow sticks for apres ski
See through wrist patch to see watch face at all times to ensure timely meet ups with uptight pals
LEDs attached to undercarriage (preferably blue) to give a nice glow when descending the piste

There is obviously more I've missed but pressed for time
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Legend. wrote:
Some key items the first list has missed:

Integrated ski carriers to carry skis on the back when walking to the lift
Loop on the ankle and knee to hold skis when on a sit down gondola (much like for a brolly on a golf bag)
Detachable heelies to flip onto skiboots when skis are stowed elsewhere
Some sort of holster to encourage sales in the USA
Wrist pockets to hold glow sticks for apres ski
See through wrist patch to see watch face at all times to ensure timely meet ups with uptight pals
LEDs attached to undercarriage (preferably blue) to give a nice glow when descending the piste

The one in bold is a genuinely brilliant idea when used in combination with thumb holes. Currently I have to take my watch off when I put my jacket on and then re-attach it over the inner cuff, otherwise i can't get to it. Then I invariably try to take my jacket off forgetting that I've now effectively tied my jacket to my wrist.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
didn't realise there was so much to think about! Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
galpinos wrote:
greengriff wrote:
Why not both?

Magnets mess with transceivers and compasses.
I don't like unnecessary faff
Don't bodge the design with a rubbish additional fix (Boeing), fix the design fault in the first place.

Do you keep your transceiver and compass on your head then? If not, what sort of hood magnet is going to interfere with them? You might have noticed that magnets and certain metals are strongly attracted. The mere act of pulling your hood up and in to place will allow the magnet to work its 'magic'. No faff required!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
galpinos wrote:
greengriff wrote:
After living with yet another ski suit that is nowhere near as good as the hype and which is starting to fall to pieces after a few weeks of use I began to ponder my requirements and wonder whether any kit is available that meets them. So here's my wish list. If I've missed anything that you think is essential please let me know and I'll add it on. Also if you know of kit that meets the criteria please also speak up. Here goes:

Minimum of 20k waterproof, 20k breathable - Should be standard
Taped seams - Should be standard
Waterproof zips - Should be standard, water resistant vislon fine
Insulated, totally waterproof patch on buttocks for sitting down on snow or wet lift chairs. - Waterproof yes, insulated no.
Hood big enough to go over a helmet. - Should be standard
Pit vents/back vents/inner thigh vents
One piece or zip together 2-piece design. God no. Separate jacket and salopettes, salopettes to be high waisted with braces.
If one piece it needs to unzip at the rear for ease of sitting on the loo If a onesie yes, but please no, not a onesie
Lift pass/credit card pockets on left forearm, right forearm Left forearm/arm is fine
Loop inside wrist for attachment of gloves No need
Cargo pocket on front or side of thigh. Slim but big enough to hold spare goggles or lenses. God no
And/or drink bottle net on front or side of thigh. as above
Integrated body armour. What............ I don't understand why. Probably the worst idea on the list
2 stage insulated liner, with one stage being removeable (and washable) for skiing in warmer weather or quicker drying out Is this not a complicated way of saying add an extra jumper/fleece if it's chilly
Option of heated liner as per motorcycle clothing Nope
Strategic pockets for chemical warmers Nope
Good abrasion resistance One would hope, 80D min
Strong stitching One would hope
Integrated knee pads/armour keeping the knee joint hot and giving something to kneel on. Why on earth? I'm skiing, not kneeling down
Totally waterproof phone pocket with headphone cable insert Invariably will get water in in (though zip), won't drain and phone will spend all day in it's own private pocket pool party
Recco rescue beacon. meh
Hood to helmet magnet Magnets mess with transceivers and compasses, design a decent hood instead
Roll away (or removeable) hood. No removable hoods. Well designed grown on hood only lease
Detachable and washable collar insert Extra faff, just wash the jacket at the end of the season you dirty animal
Windproof flap behind main zip meh
Soft chin guard behind top of main zip - Should be standard
A sensible price - One would hope

Cheers!

I think what you've mainly done is ignored decent products on the market and tried to create an overly complicated version of what you think you'd like.

Onesies are great, especially if you fall over a lot/go into deep powder.

Warm knees are great, especially as I age. I also need to kneel a lot, especially when snowboarding or taking the kids with me.

Body armour is an absolute essential for me, like a helmet. I would have had holidays ended prematurely more than once without it. I currently use the forcefield stuff, but it is what you would call a faff.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Riccardo wrote:
Legend. wrote:
Some key items the first list has

The one in bold is a genuinely brilliant idea when used in combination with thumb holes. Currently I have to take my watch off when I put my jacket on and then re-attach it over the inner cuff, otherwise i can't get to it. Then I invariably try to take my jacket off forgetting that I've now effectively tied my jacket to my wrist.

Nope. Utterly ridiculous idea. What's the point of having a see through sleeve and wearing a glove under/over it which doesn't have a matching window?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Riccardo wrote:

Bluetooth headphones + Siri = solution. Works great, I just press the button on the headphone dealy that sits in the ear doings of my helmet, say "hey Siri, what time is it" and she tells me. We're living in the future.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 9-04-19 20:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are clocks at the bottom of almost every ski lift.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roguevfr wrote:
There are clocks at the bottom of almost every ski lift.

by then it may be too late Shocked moreover, if we had to ski to the bottom of a ski lift every time we needed a piece of basic information, there'd be chaos.

@SnoodlesMcFlude, not convinced pressing a button in your ear and chatting for a bit is a great step forward from simply looking at your wrist. Heads up display in your goggles, now that would be something.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
galpinos wrote:
greengriff wrote:
A magnet inside the lip of the hood, which attaches to one on the helmet, helping to keep the hood up in windy conditions.

I'd prefer a well cut hood than a crappy magnet to make up for a poor design!

Well cut hood.
There’s a joke there I’m sure.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Riccardo wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, not convinced pressing a button in your ear and chatting for a bit is a great step forward from simply looking at your wrist. Heads up display in your goggles, now that would be something.

Riccardo wrote:
Currently I have to take my watch off when I put my jacket on and then re-attach it over the inner cuff, otherwise i can't get to it. Then I invariably try to take my jacket off forgetting that I've now effectively tied my jacket to my wrist.

Or
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
I just press the button on the headphone dealy that sits in the ear doings of my helmet, say "hey Siri, what time is it" and she tells me.

I know which I find easier Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seriously - it’s not that hard.
I’ve had brand name ski gear that has been fine but I had to go to a pair of back up Aldi trousers while skiing in Lake Louise in minus 25 a few years ago. They did the job perfectly so much so that my wife went out and bought Aldi stuff for herself the next time she needed gear. They have served her well for a couple of seasons now.

*I will agree that the Spyder jacket I had once upon a time was a disappointment considering the cost.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Or

Quote:

easier still Cool
latest report
There's an Indiegogo page for brand new ski suits. Might want to check it out.

https://igg.me/at/skisuit/x/22924290#/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy