Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KLM luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi KLM website specifies special luggage = 1 set skis, poles and boots I want to take bag with 3 sets skis and poles does anyone have any experience?
cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@barnsleybob17, 3 or 4 years ago I took a double ski bag with 3 pairs of skis instead of my checked bag. That was fine. Can't comment on skis as an additional item of checked luggage, other than that most airlines won't check what is in the bag but will probably only cover 1 set if the bag goes missing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have flown with skis with KLM a lot. Most likely they will weight your ski bag and if it is over 20 og 23 kg you will have to pay for the extra weight. It is not how many ski you bring along, but the weight of ski bag. I brought 2 skis some years ago and had to pay in Geneva.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used klm for our trip to Japan in February. Between the 3 of us we took 2 bags of 23kg in the hold, two pairs of skis in a hard carrier that weighed less than 20kg in lieu of a third checked in bag, which they allow, another ski bag, a boot bag, 3 max size carry on bags and two small carry on bags. We only paid extra for one set of ski equipment. It was exactly as said in their rules. They don't care about how many skis you have, just the weight.
Very nicely they even checked our big carry on bags into the hold for free.
The klm flight was very good. The return on air France not quite so good mainly due to us checking in at the airport not online in advance.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barnsleybob17,flown with KLM/Delta for a number of years now to North America, we always use a double ski bag with 2 sets in without problems. As mentioned they just weigh the bag along with the boot bag ( both go as 1 piece of extra luggage ).
The only time it may be an issue is if you have to claim as technically you are only paying for one pair of skis wink

Regards the bag being over weight, one of ours was last year coming back, as SWMBO had been shopping, lots Toofy Grin Think it was well over weight by around 7 kg, and so were the rest of the bags. Had to unpack at the check in desk to get it under weight Sad
We were wondering what the hell we were to do with all this extra stuff, when the checkin gent, told us after he weighed the bag, to just put it all back in Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
KLM are fine. All you need to do is make sure the bag is in the weight limit and "declare" it in manage booking well before the trip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone my feeling was there would be no problem this seems to confirm
Cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are in a similar situation, going with Air France this January from Canada to Venice (Dolomites here we come!) Their policy is one pair of skis/poles in a bag and a boot bag can go with that.

I spent some time the other day chatting with them on Messenger as there is no other way to reach them except by phone with no written records. It did not matter. They kept repeating the above.

Our ticket allows us only one checked bag each so the skis and boots would be that for each of us. But we would be stuck carrying two ski bags, two boot bags and two carry on bags.

I kept asking if we could put two sets of skis in one bag (under 23 kg.) and then have another regular checked bag under 23 kg. They just kept saying one pair of skis/poles per bag. I would prefer this because we other checked bag would have wheels and there would be only one ski bag to carry.

Air France and KLM are the same company now. I would love to risk doing it the way I want (one bag for two sets of skis and one other bag.) I think we would be fine for our flight from Halifax as this is with WestJet and they allow two sets per bag. However coming back from Venice we would be really in trouble if they don't allow this. We would have not extra bag to pack skis even if we were willing to pay 350 Euros for another bag.

Does anyone have any experience with Air France and skis?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@maryannns, I've taken a double ski roller bag on Air France as my checked baggage. No issues, not questioned. Was a couple of years ago but I doubt it will have changed.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That is very good to hear, mgrolf. Thanks for posting.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy